Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cacti identify

ColDTruth

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Mai 2013
im eating this cactus right now just minus the spines the core and the skin eating it fresh to my surprise was not really bad at all it actually kinda taste plain or kinda sour on the white flesh but the greener outer flesh does have some bitterness not horrible tasting like i've read on reports before though.

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
not sure could be trichocereus bridgsii but its real small difficult to tell keep waiting for more reaplies other people might know better.

MagicBrad

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Avr 2013
I don't think it is from the Tricherous family, I could be wrong tho.

Magick.

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
Its not San Pedro at the end.Bat he is Blue Myrtle and is one of the best for grafting (one of the fastest cacti and with not much spikes)
lot of people use it as grafting stock with peyote.

Z

zaras

Invité
recently walked and found these cacti. these is san pedro or not?

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
the top two possably but not sure

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
I also have a cactus from the garden store. Four cactus growing in one pot. At the store they could not tell me what kind of cactus it is. they looked very much like a San Pedro, but i am not sure.
After reading about Blue Myrtle (Myrtillocactus geometrizans) i start to think that maybe it could a Blue Myrtle. The cactus is not growing fast like my other San Pedros.
However the picture posted above looks more like a blue myrtle (the way it grows) then the one i took from the store. The cactus posted above is small at the bottom and get,s bigger in the middle. The ones i took from the store grow in a straight column and are not small at the bottom. It still could be a san pedro. How to be sure??? i do not know?

gopener

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
12 Juin 2013
The areolas on san pedro is always looking upwards.If you see closely the picture you can see the areolas pointing mostly downwards (areolas are the spots where the spikes comes out).
One more thing, the ribs of san pedro cactus (Trichocereus pachanoi) are more rounded and they are not so deep (considering the base)
Myrtillocactus
geometrizans are very bluish (when they are healthy, i suppose they always are bluish on garden stores).

Peixinho

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Fev 2013
whats up!? i got some cactus and need help to identify!

Cypripedium

Banni
Inscrit
30 Mar 2013
Trichocereus pachanoi i think , ultimately is not Trichocereus peruvianus (except picture #2) ...

Nur*

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Août 2012
Are U sure? Pachanoi?? It doesn 't seem...I don't see anything of active...

adetheproducer

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Avr 2013
They all look like different variaties of myrtilocactus I think. Possibly geometrizans or eichlamii not psychoactive but nice cacti although sunburnt, give them a little shade or broken light in the hotest part of the day.

Nur*

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Août 2012
I guess yes, it just seems like him :nod:

Spanishfly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Juin 2014
Concur with adetheproducer - look like Myrtillocactus to me. The trouble with ribbed columnar cactus is there are so many of them that are very similar.

RyGuy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Août 2014
That is a peruvianus short-spinus not a pachanoi. Its one of the best cacti around.