Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Bufo alvarius in Europe

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
I have that old terrarium in the basement. I was considering buying a frog. Does any of you know someone who has ever got a Bufo alvarius from any European source?
I have found only one located in Paris but it's sickly expansive. I read that Brewmaster had his for 18$. So I was wondering...

Other toads contain bufotoxins and are more easily avaible in Europe; the Bufo regularis and the Bufo marinus. But I don't think that those are suitable for consumption. Do any of you know ?

For those who might think I'm just interested in the 5-MeO-DMT; It's not the case: I am going to buy a frog/toad anyway, even if I cannot get my hands on an alvarius ;) but I start to search for it first. My second option is a dendrobate.

Ahuaeynjxs

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Hehehe... are you planning on licking the frogs ? You have to know thats the thing they hate most in life... seeing a guy look at them like they are going to eat them.

Then they think : "Ok you better make it quick" , but NO !

:lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I know Bouncing Bear Botanicals sells it, and they send it by air mail ("bouncing toad botanicals?"). Supposedly the animal is guaranteed to be alive on arrival. Of course, they probably don't ship to Europe, and if I remember well they are over a 100 dollars each.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Sending animals in the mail? :shock:

WTF? That's evil!

1 year ago I read smartshops somewhere in the North of Holland started breeding frogs to fill the mushroomgap caused by the upcoming ban. I don't know if this was for real or if they are still doing it/selling them.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Sending animals in the mail? :shock:

WTF? That's evil!
Here is the webpage:

"The Bufo alvarius toads are shipped Express Mail through the Post Office at the beginning of each week. We guarantee live, healthy delivery. No. We can not ship them outside the U.S. Thanks."

Oh, and they're 150 dollars, 250 for a pair.

About a year ago I actually wrote a letter to the owners of this company, asking them about how they are shipped, and expressed my dismay. When I noticed Andrew Rutajit was promoting BBB, I asked him about his view on the toad shipping, and he answered:

It's not outrageous at all. They can either sell the live toads or let the farmers kill them. They're a nuisance where they're native to. At least to farmers. Literally thousands of them get killed by farmers trying to keep them off their land. BBB just told them, hey - Instead of killing them, we'll take them from you and pay you for the trouble. And they don't sell them to just anybody...
So I answered: "Ah, I see. So they're not actually breeding them, only catching them in the wild?"

...to which I didn't get an answer.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Sounds like they pay farmers to catch them. But still, mailing live animals? Just because it is less evil than killing them doesn't make it good.

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
bbb.com was excluded from right in the beginning ;)
1-too expansive
2-no shipping outside us
3-I don't agree with their policy either.

I've found a site selling other frogs, send by mail. But it's no regular mail, it's a company specialized in sending animals, they are taken care of during the trip.

Frogs and toads born in captivity are the only one should ever buy. When they are taken out of the wild, you brake their habitat. Some species of frogs/toads are keeping an eye on their progeniture If you take mommy away, kiddies will die! Frogs and toads may not look that way, but they are very very easily stressed. taken out of their home, they will soon die because of stress. Last but not least: frogs/toads out of the wild often carry some infections, controlled by immune system. Because of the change of habitat, immune system goes weaker and infections take over.
So out of the wild is NO WAY TO GO!!!

I'll have a search for that dutch site.

And btw, one should not 'lick' the toad! just extract the venom, let it dry and smoke it in a crackpipe. that's totaly harmless to them (except for the little of stress they have). And you should never ever consider your toad as a 5-MeO-DMT-milking-cow!!! It's a blessed animal one should treat with infinite respect!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Quote:
It's not outrageous at all. They can either sell the live toads or let the farmers kill them. They're a nuisance where they're native to. At least to farmers. Literally thousands of them get killed by farmers trying to keep them off their land. BBB just told them, hey - Instead of killing them, we'll take them from you and pay you for the trouble. And they don't sell them to just anybody...

Thats even more evil than posting frogs . I would advise the person to take a real trip and think about his crassness , swlloen ego and abusing animals .

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Sending animals in the mail is actually quite safe as long as all requirements are met. When they person handling the package in shipment sees "Live Animal" an extra care is taken to assure it's safety.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" as long as all requirements are met."

Yes . But are they ? Has anyone here ever worked at the post office ? Can anyone tell me how an animal like that , of that size can be sent humanely through the post ?

How do they arive ? In what packaging ? What did the post cost ? What did the insurance cost ? Was it normal post with a sticker "Live animal" on it or was it special freight ? = extremely expensive .

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
French post ask 40 euro's for national sendings of those kinds. normal sendings are only 15 euro's. If you pay almost 3 time the price, I think you may hope that requierments are met...

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Well it must not be much hard... like holes in the package so it can breath, insulating material ? I hope it's express shipping however...

Frogs are extremely resilient, just like cats they can dislocate after falling from very high and still be fine, and they can put themselves into a kind of hibernating state when they feel threatned, 20 minutes after arrival, the frog wont even remember it was moved in such strange ways.

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
, 20 minutes after arrival, the frog wont even remember it was moved in such strange ways.

yeah, but some GHB in a girls glass, rape her, she won't remember ;)

DUDE!!!!!
:evil:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"the frog wont even remember it was moved in such strange ways."

Have you personal experience of moveing frogs in strange ways ? Please tell us about it .

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
I like to say shoking things, you should know me by now.

I know you love frogs, and I also don't agree they should be mailed... but they're gonna do it anyways, you could always start a new society "Save the frogs" :lol:

Or just not buy one by mail, thus changing the world by making wise choices for yourself.

But thats about the only way you could get one now, is it ? Do you think they don't receive them by mail at the animal shops ?

If anyone puts ghb into my glass of anything, I'll spit it out immediately, this is bollocks, there are dozens of tasteless substances you can put into a glass and get someone stiff and hypnosed, but thats lame and ghey.

This demonization was used only to make a perfectly safe and good substance (for responsible people) illegal because some stupid people wrecked it for others, and they knew it would replace many pharmaceuticals because its even good for your health in small doses.

BULLSHIT !

If you can drink a dose of ghb in a glass and not notice it, you're already rapeable if you ask me ! :roll:

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Yeah once I was in a party organisation team doing the barman, and a kid was catching frogs for fun and observing them, then we were chilling and we realised he was throwing them very high in the air because of some alienated feelings maybe, who knows.

We tried to tell him not to do it because when you harm a living being it makes you feel bad, but he didn't understand, he has to live the experience so he ran from us throwing the poor frog 10 meters in the air, and when it landed the last time it dislocated and became stiff (this is a natural defense trick when they get abused) they fake to be dead like they knew that they'd be eaten already if thats what the abuser wanted to do.

Well they seem like pretty intelligent beings to me, the frogs.

The kid felt so bad when he saw it all stiff with its limbs dislocated like this, not a pretty sight, and we explained him as he was crying that it was the same thing with all living things, even plants ; when you harm them you will feel bad sooner or later, because they are not toys, they are like you and me.

*sigh*

Well he put it back in the water, and lo and behold, it freaking pulled its limbs back together, unswelled and started breathing normally again , then swam off like a happy frogger.

You probably seen a video of a cat trying to jump through a window already, it's pretty violent, and the limbs dislocate, yet the cat seems to be completely ok after such violence, not even dizzy. Those animals have a very high resilience to shock, I guess the frogs got used to be stepped on lol...

I like to see evolution in a cartoonish way :)

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
i agree gbl has a very distinct taste, but ghb doesn't taste that mutch, in my opinion. but I already know you're alot more sensitive in some reguards ;)

Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
But thats about the only way you could get one now, is it ? Do you think they don't receive them by mail at the animal shops ?
Even if I don't fully agree with your view on science :lol: i must say... you really do have a point here, never thaught of it that way.

Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
I think you may offend some 'gheys' in here :roll:

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i used to be licenced to handle amphibians (and bats among other things) maybe i still am, id have to check. as long as they remain moist and arent hermetically sealed they should be fine. frogs are quite happy in very low oxygen environments. most of what we breath is used just to maintain body temperature, around 80% i think.

always wet your hands before handling amphibians to avoid stripping the mucus from their skin. very importaint

story: conducting an amphibian survey some years back i used to use a photocopier to record the markings on the underside of newts so i didnt record the same one twice. they all have unique markings. first a plate of glass was wetted then placed on the copier bed. the newts were then placed on the glass plate and the image recorded. an excellent system.

i showed the technique to somebody "new" and left him to get on with it. later i noticed the copier bed was filthy and covered in newt shaped silhouettes. on enquiering as to why i was informed Mr. New had been placing the poor Pleurodelinids directly on the hot dry glass of the coppier because " he forgot". i think peeling them off one by one would have been enough of a reminder. my guess is many of the newts would have been killed by fungal infections over the next couple of weeks.

ill tell you about the samll animal (rodent) survey disaster another day

achilless

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
29 Juil 2006
i'm looking forward to it :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Am sitting comfortably and looking forwards to the next episode/s..........