Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Brewmaster smokes nn-DMT for the first time

aphex

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
26 Mar 2007
Lovely told dude...
I was thinking about trying DMT sometime, now I'm sure.
Ordering my MHRB next week :)

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Yo brew you woke my interest. Can i use white spirit or do I need pure Naphta? THX

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Jahvisions a dit:
Yo brew you woke my interest. Can i use white spirit or do I need pure Naphta? THX
you know zippo lighter fluid = naphta right? Just so you know it's really easy to get :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I know you can use Coleman lighter fluid and I remember a tek that Heartcore posted a long, long time ago where the guy used zippo. I think I remember that it ended up with somewhat yellow spice but I can't pull up the link.

From what I've been told; "VM & P" brand Naptha is the best to use but other non polar solvent will work. You can use Xylene (what I used for mescaline ex.), xylol or toluene (all next to the paint in the hardware store)but you end up with orange shit; what they call "Jungle Spice". These solvents are less selective and pull lots of other things out of the rootbark and subsequently induce a "much darker trip". I don't know what that means, I've never smoked it; just what folks have told me.

Naptha, which is very selective, only pulls out the good stuff and you end up with nice white spice without any further cleaning.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I know you can use Coleman lighter fluid and I remember a tek that Heartcore posted a long, long time ago where the guy used zippo. I think I remember that it ended up with somewhat yellow spice but I can't pull up the link.

http://psilocyber.awardspace.com/

That would be my experiment ;)

The yellowing of spice can be two reasons:

1) I didnt let the extraction cool down before I did the naptha pulls
2) The bark material I use, has way more fat and needs defat

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I know it's not #1 because I did mine boiling hot; mimosa/ lye mix and the naptha.

What's natrium hydroxide? Same thing as Sodium hydroxide?

I think it's your non polar solvent; the zippo fuel. Besides that, I did everything exactly as you did except I was quicker and sloppier (only waited 10 minutes for naptha to separate)

VM & P naptha is the way to go if you can find it over there.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
The thing is that on my first extractions, I had white crystals with Zippo fluid. The differences between that and the yellow spice, where cold extraction and lower quality bark.

I dont have a clue really :lol:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
btw, i have been looking for VM&P naphta, but it seems to be a typical american brand not readily available here..

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
Don't worry about that Soulcatcher, we can use zippo lighter fluid (also a form of naphta), and maybe I can get my hands on pure petroleum ether :wink:

Can't wait to start the extraction process :mrgreen: !

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Well the high quality mexican bark from ********************.com is really, really good but it's $186 for 500g.

On ebay you can get a pound (454g) for $60.

I'd say that it's wiser to buy more of the cheaper, average bark.

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
To enjoy something is to bless it.

We enjoy the feeling that we're connected with the entire cosmos and everything in it :lol:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Brewmaster a dit:
Well the high quality mexican bark from ********************.com is really, really good but it's $186 for 500g.

Luckily thats 'only' about 138 euro :)

Anyway, what do you mean by really really good? I know you did a lot of ayahuasca, do you refer to a positive trip? Or just high dmt content? Or does it just look prettier :p

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Soulcatcher a dit:
Brewmaster a dit:

Luckily thats 'only' about 138 euro :)

Anyway, what do you mean by really really good? I know you did a lot of ayahuasca, do you refer to a positive trip? Or just high dmt content? Or does it just look prettier :p

Average potency mimosa: 0.56 %
Average potency high quality mexican bark: 1.6%

Someone else here got back with a potency of 2% even...

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
it says $186. But if the amount is three times as high and the price also then it makes little difference which one i buy. I don't know if you can trust ebay.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
the difference is that you have less plant matter to work with, which is a good +++ for me.

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
You mention not using glass with the lye. Marsfold mentions using a glass wine jug to mix lye solution and "root juice." What are your thoughts on that?

(I'm a little nervous about the whole exploding lye thing....)

[BTW: I think VM&P may stand for varnish makers and painters. (http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/VM&P) There might be a few brands....like I saw some at Ace and some at Lowes that was a different brand.]

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
acim2 a dit:
You mention not using glass with the lye. Marsfold mentions using a glass wine jug to mix lye solution and "root juice." What are your thoughts on that?

(I'm a little nervous about the whole exploding lye thing....)

[BTW: I think VM&P may stand for varnish makers and painters. (http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/VM&P) There might be a few brands....like I saw some at Ace and some at Lowes that was a different brand.]

I use a pyrex container/jug type of thing when I mix the lye. But afterwards when I do the naptha pulls, I ust glass Erlenmeyers flasks.