Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

almost a month without my favorite herb

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
..not by intention, but purely because of being temporarily without any contacts. for the first time in years, when i really wanted a toke i couldn't get one. also for the last month before stopping i had been toking everyday (which i normally NEVER do)

this forced little break has turned into mostly a good thing i think. i think i had kind of almost forgotten what amazing feats the sober mind is capable of somehow. its also made me realize that, with a limited budget, if i had to choose between alcohol and weed i would choose weed in a heartbeat (i had assumed that before. but now i know).

going without certainly had no physical side effects. not like trying to quit tobacco and feeling generally shitty and angsty, increasing over a few days. i did notice there was a couple weeks where i generally really missed getting high. after all i actually really like it :P

then i started dreaming about it a lot. had a dream yesteday where i started walking into stores and outright just asking, and some dude in a weird middle eastern shop pulled out a cheap cardboard container from under a secret counter full of "marijuana cigarettes".. smoked them immediately and they fell apart sort of like the victory cigarettes in 1984.. tasted like chalk and didnt do squat all hah

i do know that probably next week i'll be on vacation and inevitably be passed a jay.. damn am i ever going to smoke a fatty!!!

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Hehe get ready for really funny dreams related to smoking weed ;)

When I quit smoking weed I had some of these too, like rolling joints with meat in it instead of weed, smoking them and get high from then XD

I can't count how many times I woke up and the first thing I did was laugh and the first thought I had was "What the fuck..."

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
it's already starting haha

i'm awaiting an order for sometime in the indeterminate future.. dreamt it arrived last night in a little baggie and the buds looked like old broccoli

:P

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
I had some last night because i have a friend who was kind enough to offer
but before that i've been going without because no one in the whole area around here has been growing, which makes me wish i'd been growing, and i hope it makes other people wish they were growing and have the initiative to actual start growing and get the price of an ounce BACK to 200 or at least 250, i paid 330 once :( its truly sad

anyone in perth area got any buds??

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I just quit daily/weekly use on Saturday. I'm on a spiritual quest to find myself. This quest involves feeling good and being healthy. I am still going to use Mary Jane, but only once every month or 2 months. So far it is going good.

peace & love

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
good luck. may the trail in front of you never end. :)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
that's actually just the right amount I think, if you are using cannabis as an entheogen or psychedelic.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Yes. I want to start to use Marijuana as a healing plant, because it sure has the potential! Formally I would use Marijuana to relax after a hard day, but I am going to have to find alternatives, such as running to relieve stress. Meditation is also a good stress reliever that I have been using since I quit Marijuana.

peace & love

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
st.bot.32 a dit:
that's actually just the right amount I think, if you are using cannabis as an entheogen or psychedelic.

Not sure if I agree. Experienced users get less tolerant the more they use, maybe just getting to know the art of smoking better, not sure. Since there is less tolerance, it allows for more intense psychedelic properties to really shine through (Or maybe thats just me).

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Well that didn't last to long :weedman:

LiplessMouth

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Oct 2008
Haha, it never does, you're one of millions to stop for a few days and then break down. I like to compare weed to Norman Bates' mother. It's like a voice that just gets in your head and you can try to ignore it but eventually you have to listen because it's your damn mother. :P

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
FluidDruid a dit:
st.bot.32 a dit:

Not sure if I agree. Experienced users get less tolerant the more they use, maybe just getting to know the art of smoking better, not sure. Since there is less tolerance, it allows for more intense psychedelic properties to really shine through (Or maybe thats just me).

The low tolerance can carry over a month or two easily. Once you are experienced, less is more.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
hah, i was on vacation and just had my first serious toke myself last weekend since september.

:D :D :D

Not sure if I agree. Experienced users get less tolerant the more they use, maybe just getting to know the art of smoking better, not sure

yeah, i totally know what you are saying. when i first started with the weed, i'd have to smoke a whole joint to really get anything out of it.. now just a few puffs have the same effect. the last time i smoked a whole joint in one shot i ended up having to sit down on a couch.. listening to my friend's stereo semi-lucid while these trails of colored light bounced behind my eyelids between the speakers

there is a point though for me anyway where the psychedelic side of cannabis starts to evaporate if i'm smoking too much. for me cannabis is almost like mushrooms lite or something, and i want to keep it that way!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^I heard/read somewhere before that your brain starts to grow more cannabinoid receptors whence it gets used to it. Don't know if it is BS or not, but it would explain the above. Tolerance is a counteracting mechanism, though.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
^ I remember reading the contrary, that when you smoke cannabis heavily your brain diminishes its number of receptor to compensate...

hmmm... so the truth is? :P

MaistoHelix

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Oct 2008
Not really true,your brain is not developing anything,remember thc is not the thing that makes you stoned,it only imitates a substance triggering your brain into making another substance that makes you stoned/high..and that substance is naturally occuring in your brain...

as for tolerance,i smoke a little more then i used too,but that can be a phase,i normally smoke the same amount over time and still get a buzz from a few hits,doesnt matter if its strong or not...i must admit i sometimes smoke peace maker which is the most powerfull haze available anywhere and that hits me harder than any other weed,but i dont smoke that every day,and dont want to(there is actually a warning label on the bag for this type of weed to warn tourists :lol: )....its about 25%thc,its like meeting Maryjanes grandmother :lol: :D

Btw i also quit this year for 3 months,but i just missed it,the ritual of rolling a joint,which relaxes me almost as much as actually smoking it...then i saw this guy sitting on a parkbench smoking weed and looking really at peace with everything....and i bought some.I dont regret it and i know now i can quit whenever i want to.

St.Stephen

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Août 2008
I'm trying to lay off for a month, starting today. I made a bet with a friend of mine, its hard though, with how much my sister and brother smoke. But I've got music, which is a great alternative. Sittin' in my room is a guitar, keyboard, banjo, jew harp, pan flute, and a mbira. There will be a bit less magic without smoking before I play, but whatever.

Good luck to anyone else taking a break :)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
imissweedimissweedimissweed :rolleyes:

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
You're not alone, don't worry ;)

Lets try again, OK? :)