Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

alcohol effecting entheogens

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
do you think that alcohol positively or negatively effects you use of entheogens, and if so, which entheogens?

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Depends on each individual, it's motive for use, and which entheogen. Heard from some reports that alcohol + 2CB is known for synergetic effects.

For me entheogens expand sensory while alcohol numbs them. But it might be true that with alcohol involved one is getting a boosted blast. Which turns out into an altered direction which is less a spiritual journey with decreased area's of confrontation, but possibily more comfort, joy and euphoria.

Personally I say alcohol affects them very negatively, but that's just me. :)

Jelleb

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2008
I quit drinking alcohol 2 years ago, right before my first trip.
don't know how it would influed me.

I do know some guy, he's a friend of me, been in the same class for 2 years.
He trips on LSD and at the same time he drinks alcohol like water. and on top he smokes a lot of weed (heard/seen alcohol+weed=nogo)
(seen him doing that at parties)

So I believe it could have some nice effects :p

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
i often drink alcohol when i'm tripping..

It has a calming effect when ur on lsd for instance. But the spiritual part of the lsd gets totally lost when u're really drinking much...
You then just have the feeling "i'm tripping like hell. Everything is moving, my cat has flowers on his tail and i see disco-balls everywhere... But hey whatever, lolz, i just get some more wine."
And my brain seems to stop working when i'm tripping drunk, i just don't have any idea, really thinking about.. nothing.. really nothing.
So it really sucks when drinking very much when u're tripping, but a few glasses of red wine are just delicious.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I never drink while/before/after tripping.
I don't see why i should.
I don't see positive effects?

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Sometimes I drink a beer before tripping, but I never get drunk.
Alcohol+tripping is one of the reasons mushrooms are forbidden in Holland. It makes people jump out of windows or start to riot ect.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
mrvn a dit:
It makes people jump out of windows or start to riot ect.

:?

Stupidity and a death wish make people jump out of windows. I don't think the drugs have anything to do with it.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Forkbender a dit:
mrvn a dit:
It makes people jump out of windows or start to riot ect.

:?

Stupidity and a death wish make people jump out of windows. I don't think the drugs have anything to do with it.

indeed...

Sometimes I drink a beer before tripping, but I never get drunk.

You can drink much more when tripping without really being drunk...
One time, i drunk 3 bottles of wine with my head full of acid (lol, not going to do that agian, it was in my young & wild years)... I was drunk then, but normally i'm totally fucked up after drinking only 1,5 bottle ^^

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
:oops: perhaps youre right Forkbender, but most problems come from a combination of alcohol and other drugs, imho of course.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Shamanita: To be completly frank I never got drunk while tripping, I don't see the point of it.
Or I trip or I drink.
Never felt the 'need' to drink while tripping :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You can't blame drugs for their abuse. People do it. You could say that people who combine alcohol and other drugs tend to abuse more and cause more problems, but you'd have to provide some sort of proof.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Forkbender: +1 youre right its the person.
Providing evidence to back up my claims is going to be impossible :lol:
Now that I think of it, I sound just like those ignorant politicians......... :oops:

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
I think we can all agree that too much alcohol can make you do some really f'd up things. I have noticed that a 4mg lozinge and beer can have MDMA like qualitie (noticed alot :) ) It gives the same buzz that you get with mdma euphoria is less but it is there lasts about an hour. Best part is you can redose

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
And now for the problem causing part...

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
It can be anything by chance. A child who inhales the second hand smoke of his parents, and tries out one out of curiousity. Acute tolerance with tobacco, so the activity within the brain chemistry is a fact.

Just a teen who attends an home party where everybody is doing coke and beer and he joins in without actual knowledge because he acts without thinking. Then notices he's bubbling very fine and the brains adapt. Or group pressure which can literally be so intimidating to some that they lose their mind.

I agree with you entirely though, I hold the same mentality. But it certainly does not inherently apply to every next individual. I wish the world was this soft and wise.

What you're slightely doing is projecting your own conscientious navigation as a guideline to everyone by asserting that they're holding an equal control within themselve, similar as yours. I dare to say you haven't been extensively present into the scene of narrow-minding drugs. When you see people being introduced, then you'll see how many factors and circumstances there are involved. It's purely anthropology.

As you adequately put in other threads as well, the self and control. I'm nearly sure that you, yourself shouldn't be afraid to try out out heroin, crack or cocaine once. You'll know the high through sensing it by yourself. You won't feel the point I'm almost sure. But I guarantee you that you'll be even more amazed about how millions of people can live for adiction than you're currently doing now through the literature.

I got to understand psychedelics much better and especially their relation in curing addiction. I analysed narrow-minded drugs and mind-expanding drugs both together in this context (as well as the scenes) and just as with sensing psychedelics alone to understand entheogenic metaphors within your own mind, one needs to experience narrow-minding drugs as well to actually understand the curing potential of entheogens. It's the other half. Then you'll also see why individuals other than yourself are having no choice if they'd come in touch with it. Or why some have to live a life with fighting against craving till their death.

aryaman

Inscrit
29 Sept 2008
I don't drink alcohol since... well, maybe in my life I only took 2 glasses of wine :D

Don't really like this substance. Health ruining and makes people stupid

thanks for link Brugmansia... I love chronobiology. And didn't know about this correlation between Clock gene and addiction, although it is quite intuitive

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I agree completely, Brugmansia, just wanted to say that I understand that a lot of people don't have the conscientious approach to using substances, but what I want to get rid off is the idea that it is caused by the drugs instead of by the way people use it. I don't blame others for their abuse, because I think they simply don't consciously know what they are doing. People need to learn slowly but surely that their attitude is what is causing problems, it is not the drugs. If this knowledge/wisdom spreads throughout humanity, maybe, maybe people will be less idiotic in pressuring others to try drugs or in trying something without really knowing what you are about to expect. If parents teach their children well about drugs, in an honest way, they are less prone to do things they might regret later.

LsDxMdma

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Nov 2007
i like all the opinions!!
but I personally drink a small ammount before I start to trip, and a small ammount when im almost all the way down, it just feels gooooood :)