Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Youtube

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
I remember reading a thread (about Salvia if I'm not mistaken) that discussed posting Youtube videos of people using psychedelics. I think the general consensus was that it was irresponsible to do so, and that it could even lead to charges.

Well the other day I saw a story in the news about something very similar. Apparently a man in Quebec, Canada posted a video of his 7 year old son driving the family car (with the family in it no less). The police have since seen this, and are considering pressing charges.

I just thought this was a good example of why you shouldn't post some things on Youtube.

Story

Video (from a news program. The original has been deleted from Youtube.)

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
I don't condone they way most drug trips are shown on youtube, it's mostly kids being stupid and showing how stupid they were. But I don't think a private citizen needs to be worried about posting a video like that on youtube. Though with something borderline like salvia, it only fuels the political fire.

I've seen some beautiful, tastefully done documentations of the LSD experience before there. One was of with Syd Barret.
I know this isn't the direction you were going for, but I wouldn't mind watching a few well thought out trip vids right now, or at least done from a calm, reporter like stand point.

I watched some show called the last of the medicine men and they UK reporter traveled with the huicholes for a month to gather Peyote. He took it with them in ceremony and it was beautiful, I love nothing more then people doing drugs from a reporter/Psychonaut standpoint if they film it. Wonder what more is out there like that.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
This is true RushNerd. I must agree that I like a good trip report too, but I'm not so sure I agree with your opinion that a normal citizen doesn't need to be worried. If the cops see something illegal, they are required to respond to it. Now whether this applies to the internet or not I'm not sure.

Slightly off topic, but there is/was a girl on Youtube who did a fairly long series of reports like that. I don't suppose you know her name?

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
Arcticpheonix a dit:
Slightly off topic, but there is/was a girl on Youtube who did a fairly long series of reports like that. I don't suppose you know her name?
Nope, I was hoping you would be the expert here lol. I have no desire to make any public video of a trip, it certainly can work but it's such an individual and inner experience, there really just isn't much to see on the outside. I lend myself to Erowid (and here too, but it's been four months and they STILL haven't posted my experience report...) instead as it's a much better resource.

Anyway, feel free to post links if you find any. I won't be able to take any inner journeys for a while, so I might as well watch others do so :D

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Icelus a dit:
Some of her presentations are a bit weird, but they mostly contain correct and useful information. She seems to be making a living out of this, but in a discreet way, which I like.

Regarding YouTube, yes, I agree kids shouldn't upload Salvia or pot videos that could get them or all of us in trouble. But as far as Salvia is concerned, what can you expect? Salvia's effects can be captured in a 10 minute video, exactly the maximum upload size for YouTube. It makes a person appear completely fucked up and acting funny, which is what everyone (especially teenagers) love to watch. It's only natural that people did this. I guess it happens on every planet where smokable Salvia extract and YouTube are discovered around the same time.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
While were on the subject of youtube...

Arcticpheonix, have you ever visited http://www.youtube.com/user/soundlessdawn
Steven is an extremely interesting person, he has lots of thoughts on Synchromysticism and Synchromusicology. If anyone knows how to make connections, it's him. On top of that, all his videos are full HD uploads and he uses exceptional imagery. I trust that he's a fellow Psychonaut as well. Something to explore.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
Thanks RushNerd, I'll definitely give him a go. Sounds like he knows his stuff.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
I've emailed him through youtube before, very nice guy, he took the time to write me back and everything. He presents all the information in a way that is just "putting it all out there" and letting you make the connections; rather then telling what's true/false and what to believe in and being biased (like most conspiracy-ish sites/people will do.)

His use of symbolism relating to Hollywood movies is very interesting and intriguing. Also the video's are something to trip to as well :p