Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Yopo (aka My Head Explodes...)

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I tried Yopo the first time yesterday - roasted the seeds, crushed them into fine powder and mixed them with natron (NaHCO3, "baking soda") because I didn't have lime. The mix was about 1:1 unfortunately, so the amount was huge. I managed half of it, which was 2.5 seeds. The mix burnt a lot in the nose, but after a few minutes I started to feel the dmt. With eyes closed I saw quickly moving linear shapes, but also my head felt like there was too much blood in it... It wasn't that strong, so I wanted to try again today.

I took the rest of the mix from yesterday and added 4 seeds (also roasted and pulverized). Then I thought that maybe the free-basing of dmt will work better when the mix is wet - so I added a little water to the pulverized stuff with the natron and mixed and crunched this paste for a while. Then I put it in the microwave for a little while to dry it. It worked, I got a quite homogenous brown powder.
I made three lines from this powder, two bigger and one a little smaller. I managed to snuff one of the bigger lines.

It burnt like hell, the pain was unbelievable for about a minute, I just couldn't convince myself to sniff the other line as well, I couldn't...
After a few minutes the pain became less and I began to feel the dmt. With eyes closed I saw some round wheels kind of things turning, with colored spots dancing on the surface of the wheels. It got stronger and I felt a lot like when a strong shroom trip is coming on: shaky, blurred vision and everything is colored a little (only more blueish, while shrooms tend to go to the red). Sounds ok if there wasn't one very negative side aspect:
My head felt like it's gonna explode every second. It felt exactly like when you're hanging upside down for a minute or more - all the blood shot in the head causing headaches from the pressure.
I would have loved to enjoy the trip lying on my bed, but I couldn't lie down because then my head WOULD have exploded, I'm serious... I could hardly keep my eyes closed because of the blood pressure in my head.

It ruined the whole trip... I couldn't enjoy visuals and all I could think of was "I hope it won't burst any arteries in my brain".

When the tripping became less I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror: my face was dark red, my eyes bloodshot. It looked like I was having a heart attack or something - it definitely looked very unhealthy and dangerous...

It is now over three hours later and I still got a headache from the stuff...

I was told that lime is stronger than the natron I used - but from what I experienced today I'm not going to try Yopo again (the headaches surely didn't come from the natron, it is food-grade natron from the supermarket. Now if lime results in an even stronger Yopo, I guess my head will definitely explode...)

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
yeah it's unbearable. when i did it the pain wasn't my worst problem, i had to gag all the time because that stuff was on it's way down my throat. simply put ... disgusting, thinking of that smell alone makes my cringe. you're tough doing it two times in row, i'd rather eat dogshit than doing it ever again. still, it was quite an experience ...

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I enjoy Yopo smoked, but last night I thought, hey I should sniff it just onetime to see wat that is like! So I prepared the yopo with lime and water and put it in the micro-oven and when the stuff was dry I crushed it until there was only a powder. and I started to sniff the stuff, I guess that after about 2 seeds I could feel my heartbeat in my nose, and after a few seconds I could hear the beat resonating in my body. And I became afraid I would get a nose bleed witch would never stop. And sudenly I could feel the blood run through my nose. I grabbed a towel and went horizontally on my bed. And died.

I immediately was in a purple pink tunnel; whit magnetic lines in al the colures of the rainbow and a few colures I never saw before. And there was a voice in the distance witch was singing to me that I shouldn’t be afraid. That I died but everything would be alright once I got to the other side of the tunnel. So I started moving, in the beginning slow but after a while I started gathering speed, until I was moving with the speed of light! And suddenly I stopped and was in my bed. And there was no blood coming from my nose. Everything still looked yellow. But I wasnt trippin as hard anymore as when I was in the tunnel.

I don’t ever want to sniff yopo again, the nausea and pain in my nose are too much for me. Does the nausea and headache come from the bufotenine?

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
volgens mij wel... was t net aan t opzoeken maar raakte weer verstrikt in allemaal interessante verhalen (over metaprogrammering dmv dmt enzo ;)) enne, dusse...

maarja, voorzover ik me kan herinneren (weet effe geen bron) was het de bufotenine die je misselijk maakt.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
My order of Yopo-seeds should be arriving next week so I thought I'd ask, what is the best way of preparing and smoking them in your experience. I'll most likely try snuffing as well but I thought I'd start off by trying to smoke them.

I've read reports stating that some roast (pop) them first and others just grind them up "fresh". Any comments?

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I always roas the seeds and then grind them up, and the outer shell you can just trow away becaus there isnt as much DMT in it. if you are going to smoke the seeds hold the smoke as long as you can in your lungs, probably your body wil fight against the smoke and you cant hold the smoke for more than 20 seconds. the smoke of the second and third pufs are usualy easyer to hold in your lungs.

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
i tried smoking it last night, it was awful - i thought im
used holding smoke up my lungs but this was like the worst
thing ever. seconds after i inhaled something inside me started
to refuse holding it any longer - too much for me to try it
a 2nd time - my head felt like it's blasting, though.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
skoeip, your trip sounds pretty intense. Did you get that serious headache as well? (I see you also had a lot of pain in the nose...)

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I didnt get a real headache, but the pain in my nose was realy awfull! the burning feeling and after a few seconds I almost could hear my heart beating in my nose.

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
I was thinking about ordering some Yopo, but these stories made me doubt it. Can't you eat it, or make tea of it??

\edit: I just read you can't take it orally. Does anybody know a better way to take this, like isolating the working alkaloids?

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
Isolating the DMT, 5MeO-DMT and Bufotenin is probably not al that hard. just google a bit on "DMT extraction". and you wil find tons of extraction methods and other usefull info. if you start extracting the stuff, could you e-mail me wich method you use?

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
Hmmm, everyone says that sniffing the DMT crystals is just as nosefucking as sniffing the yopo. I think I'll better try ayahuasca. That seems like a healthier way...

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
you can consume yopo oraly, all you'd need is a mao
inhibitor - this is called an ayahuasca-analog or yopo-uaska.
also ... if im not wrong you can smoke the dmt crystals just fine.
if you're able to extract them, that is

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
yes DMT cristals are usualy smoked, and if you extract the DMT from the Yopo there are stil the other alkloids in it, but you dont have to smoke al that much plant material, but the taste is probably just as grose!

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
I really really like the taste! The feelings they bring up in me, man, thats just plain amazing :grin:

Siriusly though, i have NOTHING against the smell of dmt. Shivers my spine, brrrrr :jester:

speedball

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Use alcohol to extract the alkaloids, then evaporate off the alcohol to put the alkaloids on some smoking material. That way you'll get the short sharp shock that is DMT/5-methoxyDMT

S

S3TH4N

Invité
Strange how allmost al people who have done yopo sniffin' expercience these headaches and nausea, we also did it once, after that we just desided it wasn't wurth sniffin... Cause we swallowd allmost emmidiatly everything of the snuff... wich probably made it useless...
I heard the sjamans used to blow this up each others noses, with a bamboo stick wich would blow the snuff up sow deep in their brains it wouldn't come out anymore, or at least got stuck up there for a while... something we weren't daring to risk. All i can say is that we experienced some little form of floatyness next to that and the burnin' up our noses wich i thought to be bareble, although i never really snort anything that much ?! we managed to snort each 2grams of the stuff... :roll:

But i do say i enjoyed smokin' the seeds, in a little waterpipe it's alright, tastes a bit like roast beaf but i didn't care...
Expercienced some nice things with it, at first i would see not that much just some color changings of my enveriment, like the first time i saw my living room completely green, wich was strange but funny... nothin' that harsh... and after a while i was getting the doses up and then i would be able too see closed eye visuals a bit clearer, at that time my buddy experienced a real lucid dream with it, he was looking at his CEV too and he started thinkin of the place we where that same afternoon, and suddenly he was there in a boat on the middle of the little lake of the blaremeerse... and he actually anchored a shore and stood there looking at the threes really amased of the fact he was there... at that moment i waked him, i'm still sorry i did that, cause who knows what he would have gone trough next?? But without me then he wouldn't have had any yopo sow where even, but i still feel a bit guilty so i'll make it up again with our next ayahuasca session...

And after a while i did experience something out of the ordinary myself with the yopo. After smoking the pipe several times, i had this little vision of 2 lizzards surrounded with lots of books, weird thing was the moment i saw them sitting there in this tiny space wich looked and felt like the inside of my head... they actually saw me too at that same moment, cause there heads turned like they spotted me looking in on them. Didn't last long the vision, only a couple of seconds but i was amazed by it... i still sometimes wounder if i can contact them for any information or sow..... that would be handy... :D

Haven't really tried anymore, it's al gone now sow... maybe some other time... no hurry's for me.