Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

yohimbe general questions..

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
anyone here have any experience with it?

i'm thinking of trying some firstly to see what it does as a stimulant.. (i got ground up powder, about 1oz).

thinking i'll start off with maybe half a gram of powder and see how that goes, then try a bit more.. perhaps someday try a higher dose, but for now just wondering what is good for an introduction..

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Yohimbe is a beta-blocker, not a proper stimulant, it will increase blood pressure way too much to be safe.

I have tried 4 grams once and I tought I was going to die, cold sweats and all, my girlfriend liked me alot but I would have had much better sexual results with less, because I was overstimulated I got the fight or flight response ; obviously I fought since I was young but thats not good for the gonads. I'm a pretty sensitive man, I was shaking and felt terrible for hours.

Half a gram in my opinion is the most you should ever go if you hold your sexual functions dear.

It's a better herb to take regularly in 200-300 mg dosages than to take a bit hit.

That being said, you're glad you brought it, it's a GREAT tonic.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive found that converting the yohimbe into yohimbine/yohimboline ascorbate is the best way to go. is it raw bark or extract?
if its extract then use it as it is. a reasonable first dose is around 10-20mg IMO.

if its raw bark:
soak the material in alcohol with a small amount of ascorbic acid. around 500-1000mg should do. soak overnight then strain through coffee filters or filter paper. evaporate the alcohol to leave behind cristals of yohimbine and yohimboline ascorbate (and any left over vitC).

without knowing exactly how much yohimbine/oline is in the bark i cant give you any more accurate figures, sorry.

alternatively the HCL salt can be made by soaking the bark in dry alcohol (Meoh, EtOH or IPA) and gassing with HCl, then evaporating the alcohol. this way makes dosing easier as there will be no ascorbic acid residue.

both the ascorbate and HCl salts are quite pleasant insuflated or by mouth

if you are just going to make tea from the bark you will have to work out the dose yourself unless somebody has a better idea

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I've dabbled with herbal V formulas throughout the years. Some made me feel too speedy to find the effect enjoyable (could be in part due to the guarana in these products), though all of them did what they were meant to do quite well. Good for an occasional second orgasm too. Side effect: bloodshot eyes!

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
thanks for the responses!

yeah it is ground up root bark (I'm assuming). i bought it in a bulk store for about $20 (for 1oz/28g), as a brown powder.

the alcohol/vit C extract sounds like the way to go. very simple, will definitely try that. probably start with 500mg of powder for this method.

i might try a very small amount in a tea initially as well just to sate my curiosity.