Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

which is which?

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
Are thoughts a reflection of environment or is the invironment a reflection of thoughts?

Ive always sort of thought of both as true but not thought much about how they both could be true, if they are it would kind of be like two mirrors facing eachother and i like that idea.

anyway i was just wondering what people here might have to say about it.

Which do you think, if any?

random

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Déc 2007
Both, in most cases I think.

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
this is another one of those interdependent relationships that reflect the fundamental apparent duality of things (poles in a magnet, yin and yang and so on). one cannot exist without the other. no thoughts, no environment and no environment, no thoughts.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
We always knew and loved the phrase by Margaret Mead : Never doubt that a small group of toughtful citizens can change the world.

But now that everyone's in their places, and that not anybody can do pretty much anymore. We have to really pull the curtain here and see the wizard in action.

We are meant to finally, in the end, after all non-scientific stupidities like magic have been said to rest... accept that it's a big conspiracy to push us to self-anhilation by very very rich man who know hemp and other stuff can completely ruin their petrol blah blah thing we already read over and over. But the goal was not to like put it in our face so we would laugh at it and just push it off as, random bad consequence, it was much deeper that that !

They wanted us to think that the only possible way to get it back was to KILL THEM...

Who here plays duality games ? I hope your seatbelt is tightened, because we now must find how to change the world WITHOUT having access to any of IT... you know what I mean.

So I think I know how, like now, and it requires no blind faith, no commitment to anything other than something naturel that dosen't really need us after all, it's at home with the pines.

It's intelligent, more intelligent than whatever controls IT.

Thats it ! But it's not easy, to face it, it's old and not very tolerant, soon enough you find yourself loosing it all, having to start from almost scratch... and on the story goes, without a stitch.

Without stretch, no stress, stagnation soon leads to oblivion.

This goes for emotional body, mental body, energy body. Most of that part is valid, but only WITH the mushroom, living, in your life it BREATHES. But only very slowly at a time become its SYMBIOTE, it just wants to LIVE and experience THROUGH without INTERFERANCE.

If I haven't gotten to you yet I am a sore looser. LIVING GRAIN' LIVING WATERS, AMBROSIA. Each form lives in the different cycles you must have them all. WE MUST UNITE THE COLLECTIVE LUCID DREAMING CAPACITY NOW !

STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING !!! THINK !!!

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
It depends on you.
but mostly they are synonymous, working together to create our reality as we come upon it, and reacting to it as we perceive it.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
or not... they want us to think we are carbon based, static and positive (or at worse neutral of course) ; while in truth we are silica based, negative and multi-localised.

Balance of the egos is one thing, balance of the body must soon follow...

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
we are carbon based
burnt human flesh turns black and 'charcoaly'
this is a characteristic of carbon based objects

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I believe the environment is (almost per definition) NOT a reflection of our thoughts.
But there is a catch: The reflection of our thoughts (modulation of senses) is a model of the environment. And this model is what we perceive as the environment, and is easily confused with the more absolute unperceived environment that we come forth from.

Vice versa, thoughts are a reflection of the environment indeed but also arise from memory, instinct,...

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Very enlightening of you guys...

Indeed we might contain more carbon, but our whole bodily system is not dependant on it, it's actually quite inert. On the contrary silica is absolutely essential to ALL life on this planet.

Again I hope to encourage people to think for themselves about this one.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
ffs
oxygen is essential to life but we arent oxygen based

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
You're just being angry and NOT thinking for yourself...

It sounds like you just almost had a meaningful tought and pfft, stopped in the process.

Silica is the basis of the human structure, from bones to hair and nails. It's the structure thus the base. But anyhow it could be a play on words, you just read that in a science book and it satisfies your comfort, you really do not understand it.

You're exactly where they want you to be...

imagine

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juin 2009
Sorry can you please rephrase the first post, im having difficulty understanding it but im quite curious as to what you mean.

infinitetransistor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Août 2009
imagine a dit:
Sorry can you please rephrase the first post, im having difficulty understanding it but im quite curious as to what you mean.

ok

i know that my memories and my current experiance provided by my sences and more influences that i have been exposed to create my thoughts i have, but i also think that my thoughts alter what i experiance, or even what there is to experiance.

another way of saying it is the path of my thoughts is influenced and constructed by what i witness and what i have been taught, but i witness and what i learn is definantly alterd by my path of thoughts.

so how can this be? which came first? it makes sence to me to think both are true, but they are the source of eachother.
what do you think? are both true ?

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Think of youself as an electron and Earth is the neutron and protons... you have just found a spot in the vast orbit where you have possible existances where something makes sense.

If you stop and think you are both the proton and the electron and the neutrons, you're going to just stand still and be satisfied with your position in an atomic structure. However thats even less responsible than putting blinders for driving.

We are negative and multi-localised and our purpose is to explore, is that clear ? Your toughts influence where you are and why, the earth influences when, how and what. It's always been crystal clear, tought itsn't just tought, it's all those 5 things. Yes there is balance, but you ARE NOT BOTH, it would be just another paradigm if it were true, right ?

(I only accept Sir, yes sir. As money of exchange) :lol:

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
Strange coincidence, another text I never knew Terrence wrote...
I think I've heard that one as a lecture before. Many phrases sound familiar, like "These are bizarre dimensions of extraordinary power and beauty."

And: "Think about this for a moment: If the human mind does not loom large in the coming history of the human race, then what is to become of us? The future is bound to be psychedelic, because the future belongs to the mind."