Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What's your addiction?

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
..Past or present? And by addiction, I don't mean something you enjoy doing, but something that is actually a hindrance/destructive force to your life. We have a thread about quitting weed, I know someone who quit recently after years of smoking all day everyday. At least it wasn't alcohol. =)

My addiction is the internet. I spend hours a day staring into it, not getting anything done. It's not even fun, it's like a temporal vacuum. It's draining and leaves me exhausted. But unfortunately I need it for work, so there is no way to get away from it. Catch-22. I kind of wish i were addicted to drugs or video games, at least that would be fun for a little while, and you can quit.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
st.bot.32 a dit:
My addiction is the internet. I spend hours a day staring into it, not getting anything done. It's not even fun, it's like a temporal vacuum. It's draining and leaves me exhausted. But unfortunately I need it for work, so there is no way to get away from it. Catch-22. I kind of wish i were addicted to drugs or video games, at least that would be fun for a little while, and you can quit.

Hehe, I've been thinking the same yesterday. "Oh I'm really tired, I'm going to bed early - let's just check quickly on psychonaut" Suddenly it was 3 a.m. and I don't know where time went and why I suddenly hadn't been tired anymore for hours...
But this is not just the web's fault - I'm really good at killing time in the most inefficient and unrewarding ways.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Playing guitar! :rock:

Definitely one of my best addictions ever :mrgreen:

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
GHB.

I started using this with care daily in 2007, I was never aware of the physical withdrawals it could give. It is not well known since GHB is controversial for it's dose. But since I measured every dose I took properly, I never ODéd out of the more than 1000 times I have used it.

I started to ingest it daily, since it has no hang-over or any after effect, and the high itself was so bright and social to me that I just repeated doing it every evening after work.

I ended up with 10 ingestions a day, 5 times a day at work with 1/3 of the euphoric/drunken dose which was just to keep myself calm. And to put myself asleep I had to take monster amounts for which I feel ashamed.

I couldn't abandon it cold turkey, I read people died this way. What I got as withdrawals was no shit, intense fear, irregular heartbeats, sweating, extreme nervousness and seeing people in the dark who weren't there. The beginning of a delrium and thousand weird dreams a night.

So I was taking 1/3 of what I usually took, and tapered it off to baseline over a period of 2 months.

I still don't have anything bad to say about G, I had abused it. But I still worship it for it's sensational effects and bright magic feeling it gives. I can use it with no problem now by the way. Just once a month or something.

I also never had any devastating consequences, physically I never suffered, mentally extreme boredom for months. I always measured everything in a tube in where I can read every mililiter. Hardly did eye-ball dosages.

The problem is dependency, if one stops cold turkey, chances of a heart attack are real if he keeps abstaining. I tapered off with chains of very low dosages, and my body wasn't really affected, took care of it and just did my work-outs. In fact, I proceeded my entire life in the society but always had to make sure I could ingest a very little bit in secret in order to remain calm.

But I have read terrible ends about GHB addictions. The problem is that opiate users just suffer if they ain't getting their stuff. But a GHB addict is in serious danger if not getting it's chemistry. Search on the internet and you'll read about deaths related to stopping with GHB cold turkey.

I had tried crack (one night), cocaine (rarely), nicotine (rarely) and amphetamine (one night), valium (one night) alcohol (one night) prior to GHB, but none ofthem appealed to me. So it was my arrogance probably. But if I would have known it's addictive potential, I know for sure it wouldn't have happened.

It happened to me because I read a lot of matery behind GHB, but never got to know any story about GHB being addictive. Even on Erowid it was merely mentioned in the experience section those days.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
So I guess I should never try ghb ;)

I can get addicted to virtually anything in the form of a pill or snuff or drink. Right now I'm trying to keep myself away from the dxm. I recently discovered that the therapeutic dose (30mg) is really nice and even more so with alcohol. And now there's the temptation... every evening I think at least once about taking just one, just tonight... but I'm strong and I see what's going on, so I won't do it. Mostly...

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
tobacco, something that is addictive, and enjoy full.
sex is another in the same category, but not in anyway destructive.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
i finally got over it in early january. i've cheated a couple times when cigs were going around, but thats it. i don't even think about it anymore. it feels good to have the nicotine feeling out of my brain

The main thing that helped me was keeping really busy. My smoker friends were all away for a while too.. i also swapped damiana for tobacco for the first week or so

I noticed especially during my first week without, having a bowl was twice as much fun. maybe because I wasn't repeatedly inducing a dopamine rush in my brain 5-10 times per diem. then suddenly two weeks had gone by, and i wasn't thinking about tobacco at all..

G

Invité
The internet and McDonalds, though I'm working on the second (already one month without putting a single foot in one of those, hurray!)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
when i lived across the street from the 24hr McDonalds, resistance was futile.

ztrain

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Mar 2009
staying up until the sun rises and lying in bed until dinnertime

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
tobacco
coffeeeeeee
internet
sugar & chocolate
sleeping too long, and so i skip almost every class before midday..
and since i stopped smoking weed, i drink every evening about 2 beers; Maybe not really an addiction yet, but it could become one though.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
biting my nails
staying awake too late and sleeping in way too long
procrastination (this is a really big problem for me)
i smoke tobacco, i havnt tried to quit yet but i dont think im addicted, guess i wont know until i quit, which btw will have to be this year

thats about it i think

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
world of warcraft :evil: good to be off the game, it isn't even fun, only time when I could enjoy the game was when I gained a level or found a strong item. what a waste of time, money and brain cells :?

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
Mr.Smith a dit:
tobacco - evil weed

Evil weed in deed, I started smoking tobacco to replace my daily routine of weed during summertime. I had to put my feet to the ground and concentrate in school, and I started to smoke tobacco daily instead of a couple of joints a day. but I still use weed on my free time.

cracking my neck and practicably my whole bone structure is also my destructive habit.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"cracking my neck and practicably my whole bone structure is also my destructive habit."

Why is that destructive ?

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
Past: drugs (caffeine, alcohol, meth, anything else I could find)

Now: cannabis.

I quit smoking weed, but I got a vaporizer. It's an all day every day thing except when I work. It used to be very psychological and I would pack and light a pipe without realising it. I think I was more addicted to smoking than to getting stoned. I had to smoke before I eat, after I eat, before I sleep, after I wake up, before going out, as soon as I get home... etc... I still get stoned all day but I can actually watch a movie without a pipe in my hand now. (If I get stoned beforehand)

I just remembered that I used to play a game like world of warcraft but it was text based. Im sure I wasted hundreds of hours on that crap. Those games can be alot like drug addictions. You have pointless fun that becomes not even fun anymore while your life stagnates and the months/years go by without you gaining anything.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
^how can you even enjoy it if you're doing it every second of the damned day? you remind me of that loser guy of the cannabis: evil weed? documentary. how can you even get high if you never allow yourself to be sober? being happy is not being sad, being sad is not being happy. the one defines the other, crests, valleys, sine waves, etc.

greenwizard a dit:
I started smoking tobacco to replace my daily routine of weed

you're doing it wrong!

greenwizard a dit:
cracking my neck and practicably my whole bone structure is also my destructive habit.

i have searched for evidence of damage caused by popping joints and found nothing.