Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What is Ego-death ???

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
"I guess Dervish spoke about the relation between "ego" and "death".

Apparently he doesn't speak of "death" in it's traditional meaning, which would be: the end of (a) life.

NOW another question: If you could HAVE life, what would you have then??
Think about it....

Probably there needs to be a differentiation between higher and lower levels of death/life.

If it really needs to be differentiated, then denying the reality of spirits or other invisible entities would be the same like denying "death".

So please respect spiritual people and for the same reasons try to respect religious people."

I Am spiritual and am not disrespecting 'religious people'...?

Understanding and respecting death without denying it and/or explaining it AWAy IS spiritual. Deeply spiritual.

As I understand. The mindset that tries to explain it away is coming from a patriarchal place. The solar religion of light, and denying darkness and death. For the lunar religion which is primordial, there is an understanding of complete abandon to the regenerative powers of D E A T H!

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
This is probarly a stupid question, have ya ever been close to an ego death with skunk?
I've taken my share of psychedelics, but now my self image is pretty distortet.....its like early on a heavy shroom trip before it actually happens!

Fuck thats strange :?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
not that strange at all, I had my first and foremost, in fact my paramount psychedelic experience with cannabis. It was the second or third time I smoked but it was when I got what getting high was about, why everybody does it and more; even after taking lsd and other substances I haven't felt as I did that day.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
???????? a dit:
not that strange at all, I had my first and foremost, in fact my paramount psychedelic experience with cannabis. It was the second or third time I smoked but it was when I got what getting high was about, why everybody does it and more; even after taking lsd and other substances I haven't felt as I did that day.
This is strange, wonder what really is happening!

Hissil

Banni
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
Ego death when you realize that people go around playing games pretending that their ego is priority. When you realize that everyone is self centered and so oblivious to everythign else not going on in their little world. Its when you realize all the goals you set mean nothing. Its when you realize everythign you worked for means nothing.

Everything but love.

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
Hissil a dit:
Ego death when you realize that people go around playing games pretending that their ego is priority. When you realize that everyone is self centered and so oblivious to everythign else not going on in their little world. Its when you realize all the goals you set mean nothing. Its when you realize everythign you worked for means nothing.

Everything but love.
Somehow that made sense!
I realised that in a painful way!

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive had long lasting "no ego" states after prolonged and heavy smoking of skunk and similar strong weed. at one point i was worried i may have damaged my brain or was getting early onset alzheimers disease because the verbal/language part of my consciousness just didnt seem to work any more. if someone asked me a question i would answer it but i had no urge to speak otherwise. i wasnt thinking in words anymore and seemed to just consist of the core of my being. it was almost impossible for me to start a conversation or participate in one started by someone else. i knew i was still me but all my models of what that meant had vanished. it took a long time to construct a new "me" from the memories of what i thought i was previously

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
druglessdouglas a dit:
ive had long lasting "no ego" states after prolonged and heavy smoking of skunk and similar strong weed. at one point i was worried i may have damaged my brain or was getting early onset alzheimers disease because the verbal/language part of my consciousness just didnt seem to work any more. if someone asked me a question i would answer it but i had no urge to speak otherwise. i wasnt thinking in words anymore and seemed to just consist of the core of my being. it was almost impossible for me to start a conversation or participate in one started by someone else. i knew i was still me but all my models of what that meant had vanished. it took a long time to construct a new "me" from the memories of what i thought i was previously
Yeah man, i have the same thing when i smoke funkyskunky!
I have to be in a extremely good mood before i smoke, otherwise im not really that social!

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
de-corporalization of all senses and unification in the heavens

a child you become, at play.
your body a solar system
your will the emerald goddess
a liquid mind of lunar plexus,
in violet

I keep having this recurrent "hallucination" in which a violet sphere, like a galactic flower, vibrates in a beautiful green space behind my eyelids.

happens everywhere, sober o high. usually, also when meditating or after. I close my eyes and see it, blissfully dancing. I won't go away, even if I start to think about something else. I love it, as it burns love in the grounds of my planet.

...love :D

Hissil

Banni
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
Psyolopher a dit:
Hissil a dit:

Everything but love.
Somehow that made sense!

You learn what love is by going through the pain of not having it.

Hissil

Banni
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
Psyolopher a dit:
Hissil a dit:

Everything but love.
Somehow that made sense!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^BS.

You learn what love is by loving.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
I agree with both Fork and Hissil.

But it's different for everyone right? I guess you really can learn about things, by not having them and living the consequences of not having then, but knowing you want and maybe need them.

Because when you'd not have it, you'd probably want it, without knowing you want it... talking about love. I don't say you achieve it by not having it, but i agree that you learn can about it, when you feel it's absence and therefore you will learn from yourself.

Moreover I'd say you can live in pain without love until the point you realize you want to change that and then you can start living without pain in a loving way towards yourself and your surroundings, but the most important thing is that after a period of pain towards yourself you probably need to love yourself. And by doing that you can learn what love is. By loving yourself.

peace.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
learning about light by lurking in the dark. you learn something i suppose but how usefull is it. its like learning about sex by reading a book about it. its information but its not knowledge

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
3rd it.

Hissil a dit:

You can learn what love is, but only if you experienced it before, right??
Else you couldn't learn it by going through the pain??
Except of course that you are love and therefore learn from yourself.
But well of course, if you experienced it, you are love in your memories, and therefore you can learn from yourself. or better: you can learn from what you have experienced in the past + everything you experienced that happened in between the past and the now.

peace.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

of course. By learning from pain you only learn what love is NOT.

its like learning about sex by reading a book about it. its information but its not knowledge

4rd it. Completely right. You can´t have insight without knowledge.

when you feel it's absence

Yes but you only feel the absence if you know what it is.

@ Hissil by looking at your posts I see that you are a depressed Nihilist. I was like that, too. It is your decision to stay so or to change- I changed. Because first of all, society is a part of being human, a part of the evolution of ape to homo sapiens sapiens. Also, Individualism, as you are propagading it (you listen to black metal, if you share their philosophy I understand you- being a goat and not a sheep?) is a part of our western civilisation. Go to the East and you´ll see a totally different philosophy. What I want to say is: learn being open- minded. Only by acquiering other knowledge we can learn.

Hissil

Banni
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
restin a dit:

of course. By learning from pain you only learn what love is NOT.

[quote:18p7ifz0] its like learning about sex by reading a book about it. its information but its not knowledge

4rd it. Completely right. You can´t have insight without knowledge.

when you feel it's absence

Yes but you only feel the absence if you know what it is.

@ Hissil by looking at your posts I see that you are a depressed Nihilist. I was like that, too. It is your decision to stay so or to change- I changed. Because first of all, society is a part of being human, a part of the evolution of ape to homo sapiens sapiens. Also, Individualism, as you are propagading it (you listen to black metal, if you share their philosophy I understand you- being a goat and not a sheep?) is a part of our western civilisation. Go to the East and you´ll see a totally different philosophy. What I want to say is: learn being open- minded. Only by acquiering other knowledge we can learn.[/quote:18p7ifz0]

lmfao a goat? are u retarded dude. quit trying to comapre me to you. Black metal is not my fucking culture its my music. Im not a depressed nihilist dumbass.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
it is SO funny listening to you...you amuse me. thank you.

PS I am sure I am right about the nihilism. Because nihilism doesn´t need no education or age :wink: