Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What is Ego-death ???

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
this thread MAY say its about ego death. But IT wont fukin die mwhahahaha :lol: 8)

PsycheSmirk

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Déc 2008
I experienced ego death on some really strong weed. I was laying outside in a field at a park with my friend and I could feel the sun on my skin but I had no idea in hell what it was, because my body was numb. All the sounds around me were vanishing and becoming distorted and somebody was talking (probably my friend) but they didn't sound human and I didn't know who it was. Basically, sound became just what it is - vibrations. And that's how I literally perceived them. And then finally everything seemed to just melt away, and I wasn't there... or here... or anywhere, but I was just... I don't know, there is no word in the human language to describe it. It felt like I had seeped into the fabric of time and space, and I was in this state of pure euphoria for what felt like hours... it was awesome.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Hahaha... don't you love how GOD himself lets everyone talk about this and haven't contributed in a while to the thread, leaving perspectives much worse than underlined in my thread going without answer, yet systematically posting in my thread saying over and over that I'm wrong, but without even attempting to explain what he thinks is right.

Take that ego-death !

Very interesting contributions people... but if I start commenting this thread is going to die.

The head around Kali's neck are demons, even if it can be argued that demons get personified by the ego, it can also be argued they are characterized by soul.

You got it all wrong, sorry, I won't tell you how unless GOD apologizes !

:lol:

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
The head around Kali's neck are demons, even if it can be argued that demons get personified by the ego, it can also be argued they are characterized by soul.

the scene depicted is of Kali slaughtering an army on the battlefield, i think it is more accurate to interpret that the heads around her neck are the dead severed heads of the army she has slaughtered, she is wearing them as trophies of her victory, Kali herself is the demon, not the dead men she has killed

the progression of time during ordinary consciousness can be understood as a series of present moments next to each other, for example a series of frozen statues of oneself, each of them incrementally different from the ones either side, just as a cartoon animation is created. each frozen-moment statue experiences itself as the 'present' moment. This series of statues along the time axis creates the illusion of 'flowing' time and change that we all experience when we are not on drugs

so the army of men being slaughtered is precisely this row of statues, and this is exactly what the ego death experience consists of, the realisation that the flow of time is an illusion as each present moment becomes dissociated from those either side of it

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Just research some description of the picture, you will find out that the army are all demons.

You're just interpreting here or you read that somewhere ?

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Just research some description of the picture, you will find out that the army are all demons.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:

can you show me a source which says this?

im going by both my personal interpretation of kali, as it applies to the experience of psychedelic ego death, AND the things i have read about it

kali is a goddess, and what she is depicted as slaughtering, is an army of (human) men, which is a symbolic representation of the male ego

the myth is as follows:
Kali, becoming drunk on the blood of her victims on the battlefield, dances with destructive frenzy. In her fury she fails to see the body of her husband Shiva who lies among the corpses on the battlefield.[21] Ultimately the cries of Shiva attract Kali's attention, calming her fury

there is also a demon called Kali but this isnt the same thing

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Everywhere I look it says about the same thing

Once the goddess Durga became so angry that from her forehead a dark, violent goddess called Kali appeared. Kali gobbled up all the demons who were making Durga angry and wore a garland of their heads around her neck. However no one could calm Kali's anger and all the people and the gods became very worried as she killed demons and evildoers without stopping. Kali's rampage only stopped when the god Shiva, the powerful god of destruction, lay down in her path. When she discovered she was standing on such an important god, she immediately stopped. While Durga Puja ends at full moon, Kali Puja happens in the darkness of new moon night.

From www.britishmuseum.org

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Indeed Kali is not a demon! Whenever a god (deva) transforms into a wrathful form (like the Rudras springing forth from Shiva, or Vishnu transforming into Narasimhadeva) they are still gods and goddesses.

In Vedic lore, you're either a deva (god), manusha (man) or an asura (demon). Sometimes the asuras disguise themselves as gods (like Rahu, when he tried to steal the nectar of immortality), but that doesn't make them true gods either.

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
If you're really interested more in ego death, but haven't experienced it yet, try dissociatives. If you believe in it, you might experience it with anything, or as well not experience it but convince yourself you did...

And, individualist nihilists fucking rule!

Ego makes the world go round. People who say that soul lives forever and ego must die are living in the middle ages of their own 'spirituality'. Fine if it suits them. Hopefully they don't prevail anymore, so we atheists can openly undo their teachings and openly support the idea that people are morons, hence so many idiotic ideas around

everything can be explained, no need for no god.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
You jump parts in your logic brother, even if I can feel you intention is integral, of course nothing is mystical in the physical plane, but it's not the only plane of existance.

Ego is only a center for classifying information in polarised categories, it is not meant to "rule". Ego death is even worse, as soul without ego is like a sun without planets.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
Everywhere I look it says about the same thing

Once the goddess Durga became so angry that from her forehead a dark, violent goddess called Kali appeared. Kali gobbled up all the demons who were making Durga angry and wore a garland of their heads around her neck. However no one could calm Kali's anger and all the people and the gods became very worried as she killed demons and evildoers without stopping. Kali's rampage only stopped when the god Shiva, the powerful god of destruction, lay down in her path. When she discovered she was standing on such an important god, she immediately stopped. While Durga Puja ends at full moon, Kali Puja happens in the darkness of new moon night.

From www.britishmuseum.org

ok thanx for that i always thought they were supposed to be army men, they look like men in the picture i posted anyway

but the fact that it is a series of heads in a row is a neat depiction of a metaphysical notion of 'ego', the row symbolises the continuity of time from moment to moment in the individual person

InnerMysteries

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Mai 2008
Namaste'

I realize that this topic sizzled out a bit after Dec...

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone.

I feel like I'm reading page after page of individual, sometimes competitive, "intellectual" ideas of what lies beyond words.

Makes me feel like I'm 30 years younger reading Krishnamurti and different guru's take on what cosmic consciousness is, etc. And direct experience has always been the answer. You could intellectualize on and on but words...

For those who Know Ego Death, just be it

Peace Everyone !