Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What book(s) are you reading?

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
so it is written on the cover, darling. It is German.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
aaah. ok ill let you off
:D I really like it. I earlier read Tao: The Watercourse Way by Alan Watts so I got kinda interested.

PsychedelicPirate

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mar 2009
mysticwarrior a dit:
The gnostic bible, which is of course literature for totally freaked out loony's who are desperately in need of some good psychiatrist :p
Sounds like my sort of book. ;D

Illuminatus! Trilogy is my favorite book. I tried to read it twice before doing anything psychoactive and I couldn't get into it. Then I drank some boiled down San Pedro and jumped right into it.

Currently I'm flipping through The Quantum and the Lotus. It's dialogue between an Buddhist monk and an astrophysicist talking about the creation of the universe, among other things. Very interesting.

JJJ

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
17 Avr 2004
'Island' by Huxley. Just started reading, but I think the beginning is great :D

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
im currently reading "the stuff of thought" by steven pinker
its a book on language and seeing how our mind even understand it and also how it affects the way we think

damn interesting

TwymX

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Avr 2008
Don't laugh at me. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. I fall down in childhood.

grifter7

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
7 Mar 2009
^lol we've all had a low point i really like the Tom Sharp books: Wilt is the best one

Will soon be reading organic chemistry for dummies after having finished chemistry for dummies

edit: forgot i Too have read the Illuminati trilogy and loved it when i was 14 best part is the beach invasion or the Leviathan.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Few new titles:

Douglas Hofstadter - I am a Strange Loop

Jill Bolte Taylor - My Stroke of Insight

Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Notes from the Underground

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Next month i am going to visit southern france. So i will buy some books to enjoy my time there in those peaceful mountains.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Food of the gods (mckenna)
:p

and i read the first half of the second book from castaneda (title in dutch is "Een aparte werkelijkheid", don't know english title, its something like "alterned reality" i guess)
but it got boring to me, so i started in food of the gods, much better imo

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I don't read that much any more, unless studying counts.

I've been reading Gödel Esher Bach for almost a year now :lol:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Finished 'Jesus and the lost Goddess' a few weeks ago. Reading 'Entheogens and the future of religion' for the second time which I find is a great read.

On the shelf to do 'no country for old men' (sorry Rymmen, didn't get to it yet ...) and looking forward to one title which a friend is recommending written by Neale Stephenson (author of Snow crash which more or less was the inspiration for Second Life).

Halfway through 'Gödel Escher & Bach' (thanks again Rymmen ;)), amazing read but more something for when I have a month or so off (which hasn't happened for too long...).

Edited to steal Meduzs 'ö' ;)

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I've been reading Gödel Esher Bach for almost a year now Laughing
Is it good? I am thinking of bying "I am a Spinning ..." don't remember the title precisely.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
It's very good. I'm trying to summarise, but it wouldn't do the book justice. It touches lots of disciplines from genetics to propositional calculus, demonstrating the inherent shortcomings of any model to understand reality.

I don't know the other book you're talking about?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
okay. Sorry, it is his new book, "I Am a Strange Loop". Aah, I see Fork is reading it. It caught my attention because it seems to be about Ego, etc.

I am also thinking of bying the "black swan".

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i want to read it too... fork, do you have it in digital?? i've also been trying to read GEB for some time now

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
it's not soooo good, honestly.