Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What book(s) are you reading?

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
2 books, The Chakras in Shamanic Practice by Susan J. Wright, and Transcending the speed of light: Consciousness, Quantum Physics, and the fifth dimension by Marc Seifer, Ph.D. On top of these books I have my studies which includes physics, astronomy, and calculus to read.

peace & love

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
I started reading "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" in dutch translation a couple of weeks ago but put it down.

I'm reading carlos castaneda 'journey to ixtlan' right now, it's the third book i read by him. I've read 'The art of dreaming' and the first book 'The Teachings of Don Juan'
haven't found 'a seperate reality' yet.

Mr.Smith

Banni
Inscrit
28 Jan 2009
if you think Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is difficult to maintain interest in you should try Lila: An Enquiry into Morals! compared to Lila, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance reads like the lord of the rings

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I both really liked them. Zen and TAoMM is a great parabel.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Twilight a dit:
And when you're done with that, get your hands on 'American Gods'.

Well, I've read the backside, but it didn't really catch my interest, i'm still searching for Mirrormask though...
I bought Neverwhere and the Wolves in the Wall in the Travelbook Store in London, Wolves in the Wall is so awesome, completely in Mirrormask style (like the movie, with illustrations by Dave McKean)

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Ontological Anarchy by Hakim Bey

De Rerum Natura by Lucretius

Anti-Dühring by Friedrich Engels

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
are these for university or free time, Nomada?

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Only the second one am I being obliged. Not enjoying it any less for that though: I am somewhat in love with old atomism :D

Onto Anarqhy has inspired me like few abrupt lines after lines of letters have.

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
Mr.Smith a dit:
if you think Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is difficult to maintain interest in you should try Lila: An Enquiry into Morals! compared to Lila, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance reads like the lord of the rings

Thanks, I'll look into it. Indeed i couldn't read lord of the rings too lol, but for a different reason i think. I'll probably pick up Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance again after reading 'Journey to ixtlan' though. It caught my interest but was a little to slow-paced for me at that time i guess :roll:

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
I just discovered a book by Neil Gaiman AND Terry Pratchet!!!
High Omens

Definitely on the list :D

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
anything by Bill Bryson at the moment. I already read Notes from a big country, A small history on nearly everything and A walk through the woods.

hilarious, I love his humour. as a pluspoint it's good to read (and even funnier!) when you are stoned. it's perfect.

next is the one about england, I think. or, depends on what I find next in a bookshelf.

I also started to read Antic Hay by Aldous Huxley, but I lost it somewhere :'( but I didn't get into his style of writing anyway, after three books by Bill Bryson.

Rymmen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
GOD a dit:
As i dont want to fill my head with shit i read as little as possible .
this doesn't surprise me.

uhh, am reading kafka's books that were published during his lifetime. he's brilliant if a bit predictable. best piece of literature i've read is his those.

pyschonauticks

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Fev 2009
Holographic Universe-
Explains the theory that the Universe is a giant hologram. SOUNDS crazy but actually makes a whole lot of sense. Most insightful thing I've ever read next to what the bleep do we know

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"this doesn't surprise me. "

That explains a lot about you .

I love to read and i love to learn but i`m to old to read books unless i have had a good recomendation from a trusted person . I have no time to read all the boring irelevant shit that people keep recomending to me .

On the other hand there are VERY many people around who have read loads and loads of "in" books and are said to have a good education but havent got the slightest clue about life and dont know how to aply the things that they have read about . My comments also mean that life is life and its for liveing . One cant read a book and gain real practical experience .

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
That last one looks very Dali inspired ;)

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I just discovered a book by Neil Gaiman AND Terry Pratchet!!!
uuh reminds me I have a Terry Pratchet (Eric) lying around...

I am now beginning with Tao-Tê-King by Lao-tse and will read "On the scope and truth of theology" by Robert Cummings Neville.