Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

What Are Your Rights?

fluffy

Banni
Inscrit
21 Déc 2010
do you know your rights?
your rights are protected by law. obtaining these rights has been a struggle over the last few hundred years, often accompanied by bloody coup and public disobedience.
do you think individuals should have rights?
how should individuals protect their basic rights?
what should people do when their basic rights are ignored or taken away?

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
"your rights are protected by law"

actually, the 'law' is like the 'house' when you are in Las Vegas..... and the house doesn't lose. Oh, it appears to occasionally suffer a setback, which is just a ploy designed to get you sucked in all the deeper. So, within the context of that statement I will disagree with you. The 'law' are the exact same people who are going to be the ones to TAKE your 'rights'.

'The law' is an abstraction, much like 'the Dallas Cowboys'

thats not the same group of individuals that originally wore the label......hence, why would one want to make me think that they were?

To control me.

If I felt the same warm fuzzy feeling for these individuals who are 'the law' now, that I have been taught to feel about those guys who were 'the law' then, then I have been callously manipulated, coerced into subservience by a case of misplaced allegiance, which didn't happen on accident, rather by design.

So, your statement is inaccurate, at best. Your 'rights', enumerated in the constitution (and which we are still taught actually applies) have been eroded, altered, and subverted by a different group of people than the ones who wrote the constitution.

Think of the constitution much as other institutions such as politics and religion....they are merely analogous to the liontamers whip and chair, which he uses to control the wild animals.

second statement- 'Your mind belongs to the state'

Not mine, not yet. As long as you resist, it doesn't, when you cease resistance, then they win by default.

So, quit implying that everyone has given up, that's not the case.

I will leave you with a quote:

"Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V"

there is a message in there for people who think like you do, resist in any and all ways as you are able, do not allow them to use your mind as fertile ground for propaganda

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
there may be a message in there but it is utterly lost by the author's manic drive for alliteration.

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
itsscience a dit:
there may be a message in there but it is utterly lost by the author's manic drive for alliteration.

so you're saying that I talk too much, in the nicest way you are able

That's fine, no one forces you to read my posts

(and the fact that you replied without addressing ANYTHING that was said....rather, your contribution was an ad hominem statement on my credibility, attacking the person, rather than the statement he made. This is a common error in debate, which is what you've stepped into with your not so well thought out comment)

I'll be here when you want to discuss the points, or we can just insult each other, your choice :)

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
alliteration is using words that start with the same letter. Therefore I was talking about the author of the quote you posted not about you.

I probably shouldn't have been so sarcastic and just asked you to explain the quote because with all that alliteration it became meaningless to me.

You want me to weigh in on the debate? Yes you have rights but unless you are a lawyer or have the money to pay a lawyer it can be very hard indeed to enforce those rights. In fact you are getting more and more rights on almost a daily basis due to the huge explosion in legislation over the last 50 years. You have all sorts of rights as a consumer but unless you're prepared to sue those who infringe your rights then they are just words on paper. Also unless you are prepared to read through thousands of pages of legislation you're not really going to know what many of those rights are.

I hope I have now met my debatory obligations.