Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

wet-dry mushroom weight?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
i plan on giving some p. cubensis (B+ strain) to a friend. how many shrooms in wet weight do you think will be enough for a good, strong trip?

i once gave him some P. ovoidcysticia(spelling not so accurate) of about 25g wet weight and he tripped his balls off.

i'm sure that P. cubensis are stronger than ovoid probably since cubensis are the main type cultivators strive for.

i'm estimating that 20g wet weight should be a good dose amount...?

any objections/suggestions?

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
On a scale of 1 to 10 cubensis are about a 5.

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Usually dry weight incomparison to wet weight is 1/10th the weight. So if you had 5 grams of dried mushrooms, it would roughly equal 50 grams wet. The percentage of water can vary, making it harder to dose when you have wet mushrooms. Wet mushrooms are suppose to be more potent than dried mushrooms because of different ratios of actives ingredients.

PEACE & LOVE

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Rofl, Space ;)

I had fiqured roughly 1gdry < 10-15gwet. Tonight I plan on eating 13.7g Fresh Cubensis, Mattian Romero. Think that should be a good trip? :D

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Maybe, depends on potency. I would go for 50 grams fresh :D

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
The majority of them are aborts, I just harvested them off a cake yesterday. :) I was hoping to get my hands on an MAOI to take with the mushrooms to make sure I get something strong.
Last night I took a pill that was suppose to be pure MDMA, that I payed $25 for and it was a pretty weak roll. :( So I figured I'd get a good trip outta the weekend, I got a lot of things I would love to think over in a good trip.

Only if Wal-Mart carried Syrian Rue. :(

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Aborts are suppose to be stronger. Maybe you will get a good trip off it. Never underestimate the power of the mushroom spirit. I remember a time I split 5 grams with my friend; well lets just say it was the most powerful, spritually enlightening experience at the time. The mushrooms have a unique way of revealing itself, so pay respect towards them, and maybe it will reveal its full self to you, just as it did when I ate 2.5. Have a good experience

PEACE & LOVE :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Tripping your balls off doesn't sound that interesting to me.

However a moderate dose of Cubensis is generally around 20-30 grams. A strong psychonautic trip is double. Or triple.

Better to take too much than too little, in my opinion. But this is personal. And I guess that all depends on set/setting/experience of your friend.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Cubensis are pretty average in potency, so I would suggest a good old 5 gram dry (50 grams fresh) dose. If you are a bit reluctant to go that deep initially, then perhaps a 3.5 gram dose (35 grams fresh) would be effective.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
So I ended up eating the 13.7 after fasting for 12 hours. Not much visuals, but I definitely could feel the mushrooms. This was my first time eating p. cubensis so I really wanted to get a feel for them before I took a large large dose, I think next time I'll do between 70-85g fresh.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Interesting to say the least! I'm planning it out for Spring of '09 I'm gonna camp out (maybe with a couple of good friends) and I plan on going out in to the forest the pitch black woods, should be awesome, bonding with nature that way.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Last year I was weighing mushrooms right after harvesting and then when they were completely dry. 12 grams of fresh mushrooms ended up as 1 gram of dried mushrooms. So the conversion table of 1/10 didn't apply to them. It was 1/12. I tried it with multiple flushes, but it was the same every time I tried it.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
As in you weighed various batches from fresh harvest > dry and got a 1/12 comparison to all batches, or just the first?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Mark me wrong, but wouldn't water content differ with different strains of mushrooms? Some mushrooms may be more 'material' than water, while other mushrooms could be more water than material. I have found mushrooms that were almost all water growing in the wild. They were not psychedelic, but these mushrooms were barely material, and more less water. So I believe the 1 to 10 scale is just a general statement among all mushroom strains, and it can differ, but relatively is close to that scale.

PEACE & LOVE

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
JustinNed a dit:
As in you weighed various batches from fresh harvest > dry and got a 1/12 comparison to all batches, or just the first?
No, several harvests in the course of months, all drying with the same 1/12 ratio.