Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

western NY curiosities :D

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
iv been doing a lot of research and have found much useful information. I'm just looking for any knowledge from experienced hunters on the western new york region specifically. i can grasp the basics, its just the info on the web is for world wide hunting. i cant find anything on (SWIM)'s individual area. I have no idea what species is most common in (SWIM)'s area. Or what species is similar and may resemble to those of said region that will kill or harm (SWIM). any information basic or nonbasic will be vary much appreciated i also understand the legality of psilocybe mushrooms in my area. i know to look around wood shavings and of blue bruising I also know how to do a spore print. I'm vary interested in hunting in the woods. Iv looked around but not directly on deer scat but this region is also going through a bit of a drought. once again thank you for any words of wisdom.

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
i have a list of species iv researched that grow in this specific climate that i will later post to get your opinions.

Cultosaurus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Sept 2011
Here's a list, it is for all over, but NY is there.
Shroomery - Which psilocybin mushrooms grow wild in my area?

This is a site for wild mushroom hunters. It will cover the actives as well as the non-actives. And, you'll have to do your own isolating to NY, but they're all there.
Mushroom Observer: Activity Log

Don't forget to google mushroom hunting and put NY in the search as well, like this:
https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sclien...pw.r_qf.&fp=7cee2b85049edafb&biw=1024&bih=591

You should find some local and state wide groups that can show you what's there.

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
Thank you :) of course iv been using the shroomery its awsome. Iv just been wondering what the most commen in said area is. I now know of hard woods and need to find a mushroom club to join :) thank you for the links and the help if (SWIM) finds anything good at all he will share a pic

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
P.subb hunting everyday since i posted this :p no luck so far but im keeping at it. Theres nothing that grows on or around deer scat round here. But been doin non stop research, hunting and ID attempts. Any personal info on lookin for p.subb in and around horse poo or horse settings in general would still be nice :D

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
just gettin out of a drought but i am waiting for the right humidity. i did get some actives and a positive id from the shroomery. P. olivaceus, P. fimicola :) just yard dwellers but w/e

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
if anyone is interested in pics you can look me up on the shroomery. same name

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
that was one of my big worries:( i see the little yellow signs alot to :( but i made tea with the one's i found and they where weak but i felt it so the next time it rains im hunting for more in some nice spots iv found in wet consistently mowed fields and backyards that i know are only well fertilized and have actually acquired permission to hunt through. im also lookin on horse fields and woods hunting but my only actives iv found where yard LBM's iv only just givin hunting a brake for the lack of rain this week but nice storms tomorrow followed by awesome humidity and more rain a few days after that, so im hoping for near mint conditions but rain likes to pass my area so im also ready for disappointment. roll the bones :P

Dr. Pot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
I've actually been mushroom hunting in western NY, with a friend that was experienced at it. We searched a lot in the area, but the only edible mushrooms we found were a polypore called dryad's saddle. They weren't hallucinogenic, but they were edible. We did get a whole basket of them though, and cooked them up in soy sauce. They were kind of chewy and had a woody taste, but they weren't bad at all.

As far as hallucinogenic ones, I've never seen them in that area and neither has my friend. You may be better off growing them yourself.

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
Iv been finding that out while hunting :( everone always likes the edible's when i talk about my area but few encourage hunting for actives :/ I'm currently doing all the research I can on cultivateing. I was getting a lot of help on the shroomery now I'm on myco tek.org but I figured I'd dabble throughout the winter then take it vary seriously next year when I have better space and funds :/ I still enjoy hunting and hope nature will gift my for my stupid stubbornness and not kill me :P but thank you and if your ever around the area again I'd love to hunt with someone or peoples that know what there doing (actives or not) it's just nice to learn. And more fun when its about something you enjoy. P.S the yard dwellers I found I dryed out and made a tea it was active but vary weak iv never tryed amntia or w/e there real name is (the big Mario mushroom) but the high felt like what i think people say the amntia high is like