Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

We need help!

• Auteur de la discussion Administrator
  • Date de début
A

Administrator

Invité
Twilight a dit:
What's wrong with webspace providers like hosting2go?
Well lot's of things: First we can't install the forum software there, we use to much traffic, and have no 'root access'. And if the server crashes on friday afternoon you'll probably have to wait until monday before they can fix it (the last thing is a guess).

At the moment we can call december 31th at 22:00 if there is a problem and they will fix it right away, this actually happened one time btw :)

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
We still have a lot of video material from Basel that we didn't edit and upload yet. I liked the lecture that Jon Hanna and Sylvia Thyssen of Erowid did for example. But a new one would be nice too.

It's nice to see so many new ideas being suggested and put into practice.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Let me just say real quick, 53E ain't too bad for being up there what... a couple of hours? ;)

Telico

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Maybe translate this post and put it in the French section? I´m sure Tiax or Psychoid can help!

Just did it ;-)
Should I post it as an announcement ? Sticky ? or normal post ?

A

Administrator

Invité
Telico a dit:
Just did it ;-)
Should I post it as an announcement ? Sticky ? or normal post ?

Great thanks! Just normal post, then I'll link it on the frontpage.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
Ground_Control a dit:
Twilight a dit:
What's wrong with webspace providers like hosting2go?
Well lot's of things: First we can't install the forum software there, we use to much traffic, and have no 'root access'. And if the server crashes on friday afternoon you'll probably have to wait until monday before they can fix it (the last thing is a guess).

At the moment we can call december 31th at 22:00 if there is a problem and they will fix it right away, this actually happened one time btw :)
Ah okay. Lol.
I guess I get it then. Thanks for clearing that up!

I was already wondering why Forkbender was laughing like that, but hey, I'm not having problems with them at all. :p

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
mysticwarrior a dit:
I am also surprised to hear, that only a handful of people post on the forums.

yes. have you seen this?

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
???????? a dit:
mysticwarrior a dit:
I am also surprised to hear, that only a handful of people post on the forums.

yes. have you seen this?

Yeah, i have seen it. thousands of members who didn't post more then 100 topics. And even 8161 members is not much if you take a look at the 6000 unique visitors that seems to visit psychonaut daily. I never visit other psychedelic forums, but i am wondering if this also happens on other places like this.

I am wondering how all those people are landing on psychonaut.com, while there clearly don't seem to have any reason for it.... Or they just like to read our nonsens :p Anyway, we do have a large public! :lol:

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Even with lots of traffic... it shouldn't cost so much...

I know yahoo for example offers commercial websites with unlimited traffic (and it's pretty fast and never crashes).

http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosti ... atures.php

Someone's filling his pockets by selling you this server, even if its not the guy selling the server, it's someone, somewhere.

Okay for example youtube gets alot of money from advertisers, but compare to the bandwith they give out to people like me who don't even see the advertisements, there is some option we haven't explored yet.

Heck they give free boards in some places, yahoo groups sometimes reached such magnitudes as this board, it isn't very complicated if you look at it objectively.

A

Administrator

Invité
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
Even with lots of traffic... it shouldn't cost so much...

Traffic is only one issue, another one is that we need to have root access. To install our own software, run backup's etc. And that we don't have to contact our provider for every change in your configuration.

A 10 euro per month hosting package is nice for some people but no option for us. Quality, speed, traffic simply costs something...

Our website is hosted at XS4all BTW: http://www.xs4all.nl/allediensten/eigen ... caties.php There is a server running mainly for psychonaut.

A

Administrator

Invité
mysticwarrior a dit:
I am wondering how all those people are landing on psychonaut.com, while there clearly don't seem to have any reason for it.... Or they just like to read our nonsens :p Anyway, we do have a large public! :lol:

Yes we have :eek:

But I think it's normal for a forum... at least the visitors-posters rate has always been like this at Psychonaut.

Telico

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Hi guys,

I know that in the French section ********* is a very well-known smartshop, they sell high quality salvia divinorum, kratom, LSA seeds etc ...

Their products are reasonably cheap, and I know that the French would rather buy on this website than on ebay, because there are not many smartshops in France (only 2).

Is it ok if I give them a phone call in order to ask them if they would be interested in adevertising in Psychonaut.com ?

A

Administrator

Invité
Thank you silv! The counter is updated now...

If they would like to advertise, that would be great. I'll send you a PM.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" at least the visitors-posters rate has always been like this at Psychonaut."

NO . Its getting much more . When i first came here there were rarely more than a two hundred posts a week , now it sometimes gets to over a thousand . There wer often only two or three members on line and during the night there were hours where no one but me were on line . Now it gets quite buisy and there are rarely times when no one is online and those times are short .

The viewers dont come very much from reading banners or adverts they come because they googled somethingand landed here . We can do a pole about it and see .

The site was also getting much more serious and has atracted some very talanted and knowledgable people . When i got here it was mostly people talking blah blah about things that they had never done and spreading web shit about ribena .

The thing that i dont like / understand is that there must be VERY many people lurking in the background if one looks at the members list and sees how many people have never posted or only posted a few times . That must mean that they are interested butdont need to ask questions because they are allready being answered .

I dont like the recent trend for people to join , just post 2 or 3 abusive posts , or do a trollis and post hundreds of abusive posts and then just leave .

I`m very interested in esoterics but it realy annoys me that when the lunatic fringe part of esoterics keeps getting pumped by people who seem to have an agenda .

A

Administrator

Invité
What I meant was we get more visitors but also more posts, the ratio is between them stayed more or less the same throughout the psychonaut-years. Lets say 1 post for every 25 visitors. I didn't investigate what this ratio is for other forums, but I have the impression this is pretty standard.

More statistic in http://www.psychonaut.com/post-32970.html BTW

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Just a plain simple question:

Do you accept online smartshops if they want to buy banner space?

When i got here it was mostly people talking blah blah about things that they had never done and spreading web shit about ribena .

Yea you are the lost son....

/snickers

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The site was open for a long time before i got here . I can only talk about the time that i`ve been here .That was how it was i dont claim to have done anything or been responsible for any changes . The statistics show that the site has got more used .

A

Administrator

Invité
We accept ONLY online smartshops as advertisers... :wink:

No, as long as it is a legitimate company that takes their customers seriously we would welcome them as advertiser. Do you have any tips?