Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Washing dmt (what solvent can i use?)

vibrancy3

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Déc 2009
Ok sooo swim has successfully extracted dmt from Mimosa hostills Root Bark with naphtha & Caustic Soda!

I Want to use a solvent to wash my final product to get rid of the alkaloids that are possibly still traced!

Anyone know of any decent chemicals i can obtain to wash my product (swim is a british Man!) excluding Heptane!!

Any Advise would be much Appriciated.......

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
SWIM told me he likes to use Acetone. But SWIM also prepares Fumerate from Freebase. So Maybe there is a reason for this choice? I know Acetone is easy to get & used to make Fumerate. I personally haven't dabbled in extractions or reworking of the molecule but plenty of my friends have. JUST FYI. Hope it helps.

vibrancy3

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Déc 2009
Yeah swim has read on other entheogen forums that acetone can be used for washing your product! swim is a newbie in the field of chemical extractions (or organic chemistry 2b correct) soo do you have any links to methods/guides on washing dmt that would help swim ??? (i know they are out there, just takes hours to locate where and on which forums)

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
Not sure which tek was used. I could ask next time i visit my friends state. He showed me everything in person. I do know how ever he used a DMT Fumerate Tek from DMT Nexus. From what SWIM told me Acetone leaves a really clean product.

vibrancy3

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Déc 2009
Yeah that would be great! the extraction swim is currently doing is on a very small scale (every extraction 30g is mimosa hostills was used soo swim presumes that very little acetone will be needed!)

but yeah when u see him next ask him about my situation : D

here is the tek swim is currently in the process of.........

http://www.dmt.20m.com/

(just to give your mate brief idea of what swim is working with)

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Sorry little late but it's not smart to use acetone, dmt easily dissolves here and you will loose product.

Indeed if you use a little ice-cold acetone you can use for cleaning but still loose product.

That why I still use A/B extractions, you use less OH, (although very little water will mix with the naphta and OH can't dissolve in naphta, so it can't be much either)

I think it's best to maybe do a filtration first with cottonballs (with a cold solution of naphta). After you do a freeze-precipation or recrystallisation just with naphta that's still the way to go I believe.

vibrancy3

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Déc 2009
Sorry i am a little bit confused ???

Sooo your saying after i have collected the nahptha/dmt liquid from the mix i should then filter it throw cottonballs and then freeze it ??? lol i am a newbie to dmt chemistry

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Yes with filtration you already loose a lot a fats.

with recrystallisation you let the crystals form as slow as possible and because the crystals like to attach to other crystals then to other stuff, the crystals are more pure because less unwanted stuff is entrapped between the crystalstructure.

You can do this in two ways dissolve the smallest possible amount that dissolves everything and then evaporate slowly

or you can dissolve everything in hot naphta (50-60 0C) in the smallest amount that dissolves everything and then cool slowly, first to roomtemp and then in the refrigerator, and finally in the freezer, this will change the saturation point. When it the freezer is at it's coldst (-18 0C or something) almost no dmt will be dissolved in the naphta. You must the decant or filter fast through a cold filter cause when it warms up it will dissolve again.

vibrancy3

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Déc 2009
Ok thankx 4 the help m8, appriciated..............