Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Waking Life

mindfukked

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
12 Fev 2008
This might be off topic, but I've never posted here, and I saw "lucid dreaming" listed.

And so I've come to say that Waking Life is an incredible movie, more like a message. And lucid dreaming is the main theme, more like tool, they use to explore so many other themes and the art is pretty weird. so if you ever want a good trip movie, or just want to bend your mind a little, check it out.

emix

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Jan 2008
Probably because he wants people to read his post. I saw fyi and I thought: hmm, maybe it's interesting-it must be with such a strange title, but it turns out it wasn't (for me though) :x BTW, it means "for your information".

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It means fucking young idiot .

I saw the title and thought it might be about a drug but then discovered it was just crap .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
FYI: you can watch Waking Life here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7583894250854515095

"A boy has a dream that he can float, but unless he holds on, he will drift away into the sky. Even when he is grown up, this idea recurs. After a strange accident, he walks through what may be a dream, flowing in and out of scenarios and encountering various characters. People he meets discuss science, philosophy and the life of dreaming and waking, and the protagonist gradually becomes alarmed that he cannot awake from this confusing dream."

I'd like to see that. I remember very vividly that when I was a young child (four?) I had dreams of me levitating, and it would bug me, because I would float all over the place. Eventually I grounded myself, and nowadays I never dream of flying.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
I'd like to see that. I remember very vividly that when I was a young child (four?) I had dreams of me levitating, and it would bug me, because I would float all over the place. Eventually I grounded myself, and nowadays I never dream of flying.
when i was young i had a recurring dream of a zombie/rotting corpse that would chase me through the entire dream, it was often a different dream but usually quite similar and always the same evil zombie thing
one day i had some control over my dream, i found a broom handle and beat the zombie until it fell into pieces which i then threw into a volcano
never again did the zombie disturb my dreams

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Title changed.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
I saw that movie, it's a quite good one. Nice drawings too.

I never had a lucid dream myself, but i often have the feeling of falling asleep. I really feel like falling down, like alice. Any one else who has that too?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I started watching it, but since the moving images made me sea sick and the way the message was conveyed reminded me of What The Bleep Do We Know, and I had already seen A Scanner Darkly, I stopped watching after about 20 minutes.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
I had the same thing, lol.
At times it was also quite ugly as well.
Unique concept but not really well developed.
It's not that I didn't like the subject, by the way.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Shamanita a dit:

I never had a lucid dream myself, but i often have the feeling of falling asleep. I really feel like falling down, like alice. Any one else who has that too?

not sure if i'm on the same page as you, but dreams for me have a very particular feel, as does alice. higher doses of alice very much remind me of the feeling i have when i'm dreaming

greenwizard

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Juin 2008
this movie came up in my post about lucid dreaming. I watched the film . It was soo good, great philosophical points and lucid dreaming topics,

IntenseDreams

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Fev 2009
*Comes back from rehab*

I'd agree that the overall animation and style of the movie isn't the best. As far as visual, A Scanner Darkly kicks it's arse.

But, in my honest opinion, Waking Life is a great movie with a great message. As I stated in my post on the topic of lucid dreaming, I found the implied philosophy that goes with your dream world extremely interesting. It really affected the way I looked at my dreams, even though I've been treating them as a spiritual reality for a long while.

Not a movie for everyone, just for people interested in entertaining an actual reason (Other than mental health and whatnot) for continuous lucid dreaming.

Trick and I have talked about our dreams on and off over the last 3 months. Interpretation, lucid and high lucidity methods, etc. I've been trying to get him to watch the damn movie, but he has yet to find the time.

Anyways, once again, for those reading this that haven't seen it: If you are interested in lucid dreaming, practice lucid dreaming, or are interested in the subject as a spiritual (Rather than recreational) activity, I highly suggest Waking Life as a quick-flick. If you can sit through it the first time and pull something out of it, you might even find yourself going back a second time to see what you missed. (Most likely that will be a decent amount.)

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
st.bot.32 a dit:
Shamanita a dit:

not sure if i'm on the same page as you, but dreams for me have a very particular feel, as does alice. higher doses of alice very much remind me of the feeling i have when i'm dreaming

I mean as Alice in Wonderland (the movie, not lsd :) ) She falls down the rabbithole in the beginning. I often have that feeling too, when i'm sleeping, that i'm falling down and down and then suddenly wae up, a bit frightened :p

dreams are sooo great, free trips every night :) that's also why i don't smoke much weed anymore. Since the moment i use cannabis less, i have more dreams that i can remember, it's great. It's much better than a joint every day :p

forgetoz

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Nov 2006
The trick is to combine your waking rational abilities with the infinite possibilities of your dreams. Because, if you can do that, you can do anything.

The movie is full of great messages, I could waste pages and pages quoting the movie, it has lots of insights and wonderful\deep dialogues!

Go check it.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Shamanita a dit:
dreams are sooo great, free trips every night :) that's also why i don't smoke much weed anymore. Since the moment i use cannabis less, i have more dreams that i can remember, it's great. It's much better than a joint every day :p

i so agree, i wouldn't trade dreaming for anything. i also find that when im not smoking every day, when i do have a j, i get pretty crazy dreams :D