Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Waiting period between 2 trips

Timo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Oct 2007
Hello there.

I have got a question about the waiting period between 2 mushroom trips. How long would it take for me to 'fully recover' from the first trip? Also, is it different for every person or is it a standard time? It would be the time between my first and the second mushroom trip ever. Same mushroom specie, Hawiian as far as I know.

Thanks in advance,

T.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
I assume you talk about the psychological process you have to think over. Of course the real trip takes about 4 hours and the effects are gone after about hours but they say that if you don't really think about the last trip often you are ready for the next one. I think normally that is about 6 till 8 weeks in between(for me at least), of course you can trip already after a day in between but that doesn't seem wise to me because I don't think it's healthy and you have to learn from your experience. I can't even imagne that one would like a next exhausting trip for shorter then 4 weeks in between.

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
actually, you'll need atleast a week physically between trips to retrieve good effects, I think in 2 weeks you can be pretty sure you can get a new full experience again.

And about thinking over what you've learned, I think 6-8 weeks is a little excessive...
For me i guess 2-3 weeks is more then enough to integrate an experience..

Timo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Oct 2007
thadivine a dit:
actually, you'll need atleast a week physically between trips to retrieve good effects, I think in 2 weeks you can be pretty sure you can get a new full experience again.

And about thinking over what you've learned, I think 6-8 weeks is a little excessive...
For me i guess 2-3 weeks is more then enough to integrate an experience..

Is this time the same for everyone? Reason I'm asking is because I'm doing this with 3 people who probably have different ways of thinking the stuff over. Anyway, I think I'm probably going to try and do the second one 2.5 weeks after the first one, like I was planning. Thank you both for the answers! :)

T.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Don't plan 2 trips in advance, that is my only advice. A trip can take anywhere from a week up until a couple of years to integrate (psychologically, that is). It all depends on the depth of the experience and how willing you are to experience more. In my opinion it is probably a good idea to trip less, so you will see more and don't become dependent on tripping for having a peak-experience (you can have the same experience on meditation, qigong, listening to music, whatever, riding your bike in the rain). The real challenge is to attain an open state of mind without the use of mushrooms.

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
I agree with forkbender :)

Just feel if you integrated the experience, if you feel you're ready for the next one, do it.

If you don't feel ready for it, don't do it ;)

Its just that simple ^.^.

I think it differs greatly for each person how long it takes...On pretty high doses it usually takes me about 2 weeks to feel ready for the next trip.
When you feel ready, plan the next trip :)

That's my vision anyway

grttz

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Sometimes, when a trip wasn't as fulfilling as I hoped it to be, then I had another one three or four days later. Make sure the dose is a little higher then because of the tolerance. Usually it worked just fine and the second trip was better than the first.

Timo

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Oct 2007
tryptonaut a dit:
Sometimes, when a trip wasn't as fulfilling as I hoped it to be, then I had another one three or four days later. Make sure the dose is a little higher then because of the tolerance. Usually it worked just fine and the second trip was better than the first.

Yeah, well, we're planning on doing 1.5 times as much as we had last time. Thanks for the tip. I discussed this with my mates and all the three of us agree that we're ready for the next trip. The first trip was a little messy and stuff, so yeah. Guess we're going to try it. Will probably be next tuesday, I'll inform you guys about how it went. Thanks again for all the tips.

T.

Djones

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Nov 2006
I had acid 3 days in a row this summer :D
And everything was quite fine actually, but I was tired for over a week after this experience, just totally exhausted!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I think it would be better to stay with scientific facts and not get into strange opinions . You cant take acid three days in a row and have a real trip . Maybe it was some other drug or you only got side effects from some bad chemicals that you mistakenly thought was acid or it was all placebo . If i had "acid" three days in a row and had a real trip every time i personaly would go and see a psychiatrist . Or at least get in touch with all the scientists that have ever tested real acid and tell them that they were all wrong . Maybe allso write to the guiness book of records .

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I think it would be better to stay with scientific facts and not get into strange opinions . You cant take acid three days in a row and have a real trip

Well, but you can take acid three days in a row and feel mellow and spacy. It won't be a real trip after the first peak is over, but it makes you feel quite nice. I have once done this on a summer vacation (small trip the first night, then took hits the next days as well. I could take a double dose on the third day and still didn't really trip, but it was perfect for relaxing at the beach.
However I was using relatively low doses at the time (like half a blotter the first night, a whole the next night)

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
For mushrooms, it depends on the doses, the persons metabolism and sensitivity to the compounds and also their mindset before they started tripping, when they trip and what they gain from each experience.

None of the possibility is temporally predetermined, and no one can say an exact value of time for you to consider between trips. But as a very general outline:

•You should wait at least 3-4 weeks in general

•You should take the same dose each time unless you are attempting a more or less transcendent and enveloping experience. In such a case, deviate in a comfortable area of dose that is within close proximity to ones previously experienced

•You should also make sure you have contemplated and revised the previous trips contents and meaning and do as much philosophy with yourself, your concepts and those present with you at the time as to what it could mean for you personally, and also on a greater systemically inclined basis.

And finally, most of the trips constituents, meaning, and the dose ratio/time lapse between each trip should be decided by the person’s ego and their level of understanding as to the path they want to take their experiences. This means that one must have the necessary qualities before they even begin to trip in any regularity and should also contemplate where and how they are going to integrate what they experience in both their greater view of the universe and their individual egoistic lives.

Peace.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Tryptonaut and Buff ,

Thats about what i mean . You can get an effect , but if the first trip was a real one , the second one would have to be a multiple dose to maybe get a full trip and by the third day a full trip would be impossible .

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
•You should also make sure you have contemplated and revised the previous trips contents and meaning and do as much philosophy with yourself, your concepts and those present with you at the time as to what it could mean for you personally, and also on a greater systemically inclined basis.

And finally, most of the trips constituents, meaning, and the dose ratio/time lapse between each trip should be decided by the person’s ego and their level of understanding as to the path they want to take their experiences. This means that one must have the necessary qualities before they even begin to trip in any regularity and should also contemplate where and how they are going to integrate what they experience in both their greater view of the universe and their individual egoistic lives.

That sounds extremely rational and complicated. I try to do it more from the gut - I can't rationalize the possible outcomes of future trips and how I want to integrate them into my philosophy of life. My philosophy of life is not a clear concept to me and sometimes it changes even without tripping. At some point I just know I want to do the trip and then I do it (when I have sufficient time for it).

What I think is more important is absolute respect for the psychedelic substance and the certainty that it can do anything to you in a split second. It can make you feel like the scum of the earth or like you are god or like you are dead and will forever be alone or like you are the universe itself and will never be lonely again. It can make you feel that and every other possible and impossible feeling that you can't even imagine. The entheogenic substance has the power to rule you, you can't outsmart it, you can't play with it. When it makes you feel like you're in hell (or in heaven), then you are in hell (or in heaven), no discussion, no maybes. It has the power to change your reality.

When you accept that and still want to do the trip, then you're on the right way. All the rational, theoretical thinking never prepared me for a good trip and it never will. What I do to prepare myself is to lie down on the floor with my face to the ground (the most humble position I can imagine) and meditate over the fact that I am now about to give myself up to the mighty entheogen. It may sound like some ethno mumbo-jumbo, but it helps me realize what I'm about to be doing, and it always helped me have good and meaningful trips.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
I totally agree trypto, thanks for elaborating. :D
In my view, understanding and respect go hand in hand within the psychedelic experience and one must strive for utter humility and reverence whilst still retaining curiosity and inquest into the inner workings of themselves and the infinite cosmos that the entheogens show us. It’s a balance of endless possibility and colloquial, humble awe.

Peace.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Interesting.. this line of conversation makes me think. I got into the psychedelics pretty late in life (late 20's) and naturally at this age they aren't readily available so its sort of like finding the magical kingdom after the party is over and the dj is winding down and packing up. But I've been very lucky in that I've had psychedelics breeze my way every so often..

I've found that after every trip I've done (on acid or shrooms) I feel somehow psychologically sated for a while... like this massive release of energy. maybe 1 month later I start thinking about doing it again... 2 months later I start to feel very, very strong urges to trip again to the point i start dreaming about tripping quite a lot... I've been lucky in that Ive been able to have these experiences a few times this year.. now back to dreaming (but not thinking about it TOO much)

As far as integration goes, by far the first acid trip i did took the longest to integrate, probably 2 months... in a way im still "integrating" it a long time and several trips later.. and it is more like whatever meanings i could glean from it just came to me when i wasn't thinking about it too much.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
To my opinion it has a lot to do with what kind of person one is and how one lives his life.
I can imagine that tripping a lot is very demanding if one has a hectic and busy lifestyle.
Personally I like to have a quit and relax lifestyle. Personally I can’t handle stress, so I try to avoid it as much as possible.
One good trip a month or maybe one in two months is good enough for me.
Some people say they only trip once or twice a year. For me at this moment once or twice a year is to little.

mullis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Nov 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Djones a dit:
I had acid 3 days in a row this summer :D

why?

Because we dont get alot of nice sunny days to trip outside, so you should take advantage of it? Its a bit over the top though and some might call it a waste of good acid.
Personally i think its best to wait at least 4 weeks between trips!

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
Forkbender a dit:
In my opinion it is probably a good idea to trip less, so you will see more and don't become dependent on tripping for having a peak-experience (you can have the same experience on meditation, qigong, listening to music, whatever, riding your bike in the rain). The real challenge is to attain an open state of mind without the use of mushrooms.

It's like Ken Kesey said man
We need to move beyond acid. It's not use to keep opening to door over and over again, one day we need to move through the door to make any progress.
or it was something to that extent