Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Vegetarians read this!!

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
no one is saying that one can't eat steak, we are just saying that it is important to be mindful of what one puts in their body! variety is the spice of life. hot, cold, cooked, raw, meat, veggies, microorganisms, fungi, so long as it's quality/fresh, you should have it all!

GreenPalien

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Yes, that is exactly my point as well. I already mentioned about not being monotonous.
I only disagree with you on the point of eating fungi and micro-organisms. Yes, there are certain beneficial micro-organisms, like those which are found in yogurt but fungi......I am not really sure about those.
Can you please elaborate a bit on this?

GreenPalien

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Oh yes, Mushrooms.........
Mushrooms are great for health. Actually, I did not earlier hear about the term "fungi with regards to human consumption".
According to my personal opinion, it is perhaps not appropriate to use the term fungi in such scenarios, rather "mushrooms" should be used.
This is because the term "fungi" generally refers to "anything poisonous". Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
:weed:

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
fungi is just the kingdom that mushrooms are in. plants, animals, fungi, protists and monera.

(Fungi are usually motionless organisms that absorb nutrients for survival. They include mushrooms, molds, and yeasts.)

(Protists are mostly single-celled organisms that have a nucleus. They usually live in water. Some protists move around, while others stay in one place. Examples of protists include some algae, paramecium, and amoeba.)

(Monera are single-celled organisms that don’t have a nucleus. Bacteria make up the entire kingdom. There are more forms of bacteria than any other organism on Earth. Some bacteria are beneficial to us, such as the ones found in yogurt. Others can cause us to get sick.)

eating food from all 5 kingdoms is important.

GreenPalien

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Yeah, you are right.
All these 5 kingdoms are important, w.r.t. humans' food consumption.
And thanks for revising these little definitions. I am myself a life sciences student and have read about these in great detail while I was doing my A level, some 8, 9 years ago.
I know that the fungi are made up of thread like structures called "hyphae" and that the whole body of a fungus is called "mycelium".
Algae carry out almost 90% of all the photosynthesis going on in the universe,
Bacteria are damn important as well and they can be broadly classified into useful and harmful ones. Useful like those found in yogurt and harmful like those found in rotten foods. :p

I was actually initially confused about the term "fungi" with reference to human consumption as food but I was clarified after going through the above couple of posts.
:)

E

Edgardo

Invité
Hmm your getting captured up in semantics. those people aren't researchers. the information is there for anyone to understand. vegetation reply to instructed dangerous purpose in the same way (electrically) that people do

GreenPalien

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Lol, I am sorry for putting lots of scientific things in this thread; I got emotional, lol.......:lol:
But on a serious note, really, there might be people here who are extremely non-scientific just like may father.
But I am ready to clarify things in a simple, easy to understand manner. If anyone here hasn't understood anything what I said in this thread, he/she is free to ask me for elaboration. Thanks. :p

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
no i think it's great! that's what this place is all about; cutting through all the crap to get to the truth.

"Algae carry out almost 90% of all the photosynthesis going on in the universe"

yes, and nobody ever brings this up when deforestation is brought up... i am totally against deforestation, but it's just that there is so much strawman BS going on with the policies. it drives you mad when you're the type who fiends for the facts...

H

hanrry

Invité
You can get B12 from supplements and fortified foods as a vegan. The soy milk I drink has 50% of my day's need in 1 cup :grin: I'm not sure how the vegans in India would get it, so maybe the whole thing is bogus. When you get down to it, there's not a whole lot that a human really NEEDS, it's all in the mind.

GreenPalien

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
Yeah that is very true indeed. Algae have got great significance in terms of photosynthesis occurring on this planet but they are not given due consideration. Everyone talks about plants and the photosynthesis and their significance but no one talks a lot about algae and photosynthesis and their significance. I know, (green) plants are important and there is absolutely no doubt about this but my point is that other (apparently) minor things such as algae and their functioning also have got great significance. :p

Melville

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Jan 2013
I my opinion we should also take eggs, chicken, meat, fish, and all dairy products along with vegetarian foods to make our diet more healthy and balanced.
The use of these foods is also necessary to maintain the health and get better diet benefits.

Abrahm

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Fev 2013
Hi All,
As this is vegetarian threat so thought of sharing some health benefits of vegetables here.
Vegetables are great to reduce and maintain weight and to boost immunity system. Vegetables are great antioxidant and prevent from certain types of cancer, diabetes and heart problems. Vegetables stabilize blood pressure and used to treat asthma, coughs, common colds and flu.

Stones Sharp Accountants

Abraham123

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Avr 2013
Well exercise has got attention of the people, in this era due to the fact that exercise makes your body fit and powerful, I have study out many articles and books which have highlighted on the importance, of exercise for healthy body and fitness....

Jaydon

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Avr 2013
anything natural, moved by the galaxy is aware. mythbusters installed a place to a lie detectors kind device and obtained electric signals from the place when the individual in the research had the objective and concept to burn/cut down/eat/destroy the place.

Jixxy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2013
something conscious must die in order for something else conscious to live

No, no, no, no, no, that is NOT right! Please stop believing that!!

It's not correct to call plants conscous, at best they're semi-conscous (and that's a stretch, mind you!)
They are aware, in some sense, to the extent that they can register damage and percieve threats, but they're NOT sentient.
Who would equate the killing of an animal to the plucking of a flower?

Jixxy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2013
You're leaving out the moral implications of eating meat in your argument.
Meat is murder, murder is bad, and you should NOT do bad things, right?
And please tell me what it is I need from chicken meat and fish that I can not substitute or get from somewhere else..

Jixxy

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
28 Avr 2013
Let me present you with an alternative theory; Meat contains TOO MUCH protein.
Look it up..

Marck

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Mai 2013
Hey guys,I am agree with your review that vegetarian foods are so good for the health.
According to me that vegetarian foods give us good energy and nutrition.Most of the
people like the vegetarian foods because these foods are the best for weight loss...

SamRivenbark

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mai 2013
According to me, there is no need for a vegetarian to keep away from meet and fish. As these contain essential nutrients so anyone could eat these.