Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Vaporizing does it

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
A new study from University of California-San Francisco provides strong evidence that vaporization has promising potential as a method of medical marijuana delivery. The study, published online by the journal Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, was conducted at UCSF by a team led by Donald Abrams, MD, and compared a commercially available vaporizer to smoking in 18 volunteers. The researchers found that, "vaporization of marijuana does not result in exposure to combustion gases, and therefore is expected to be much safer than smoking marijuana cigarettes." Dr. Abrams was able to obtain permission from FDA to conduct his study based in part on data on the composition of the ingredients in marijuana vapor gathered in research sponsored by MAPS and CaNORML. That line of MAPS-sponsored research is currently blocked since NIDA has refused to sell marijuana for additional studies. Click here to read Dr. Abrams' full report.

Arran Frood at Nature Medicine published "Inhaling Cannabis Without the Smoke," and Science Daily covered the story in the article "Marijuana Vaporizer Provides Same Level Of THC, Fewer Toxins, Study Shows."

G

Invité
i agree...anyone should get one. The one time investment is def worth it!

Dantediv86

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Score! :D
I toldya!. I toldya!. I toldya!
quit the smoke!
go vapor!.go vapor!.go vapor!
No more excuses!
go Mary!. go Mary!. go Mary!

:oops: ehrm! yes...(cough) it is indeed an important piece of news that finally the public has to face, not only us MJ users (or abusers). good, good and to be considered for future reference...

peace

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
Though the vaporizer may be healthier, if it requires isopropylalcohol (a common solvent) to clean it, I'd say don't use it. The cannabis may not cause cancer, but isopropylalcohol is the root cause of all cancers. I wrote Dennis McKenna about this, asking him whether Terence regularly used isopropylalcohol to clean his pipe, but he couldn't answer that question.

In a nutshell: isopropylalcohol doesn't cause cancer if you ain't got intestinal parasites, and intestinal parasites don't cause cancer if you ain't got isopropylalcohol in your system, but if you have both, you're going to get cancer sooner or later. This is why I'm a bit hesitant to recommend just any vaporizer to people.

Does anyone here have experience with the Volcano (by Storz & Bickel)?

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Though the vaporizer may be healthier, if it requires isopropylalcohol (a common solvent) to clean it, I'd say don't use i

Aren't there cleaner alternatives to clean such a pipe that you know off?

Btw, cheap bulb vapos can be cleaned by TAP water :D

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
I'm so gonna get one...vaporizer, not cancer...hopefully

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
isopropyl alcohol
ethanol
acetone
methanol

All these solvent are somewhat nasty if you inhale them (yes, including ethanol), but since these solvents evaporate extremely easy you can use these for cleaning tars if you have some patience to wait a few minutes to let the solvent residue evaporate.

Tars are far more toxic, since these contain a whole range of aromatic compounds including benzene itself. (and the very cool c60 buckyballs !!)

I don't have an evaporator, but I remove the tars from my pipe by sucking in a large flame through the pipe without any weed in it. I don't use my lungs for this, just my mouth. Much like smoking a cigar.

This can still cause mouth cancer, but I take that risk. But I'll probably buy an evaporator in the near future though.

Electron density on the buckyball molecule found in soot:
buckyb6.gif

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
The volcano vaporizer is the way to go but the fuckers are expensive. A good friend has one and I absolutely love using it to get high. It takes some getting used to since it doesn't give you that strong kick in the lungs that you get from a 3 foot bong hit. It's like I don't even expect to get high because you don't feel the smoke. You only taste the bud.

I've got me a bong with a big, wide bowl piece so that I can fit one of these into it. Vaporized bong hits are my favorite.

8003.jpg

Heat gun by Skil

Also works great for vaping DMT.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
:drool: PUR-tey...........i want one :D

Northawke

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Juil 2007
So they've finally scientifically confirmed what a lot of us smokers already know. 8) Oh well, it's nice to have some extra scientific data for when one gets into discussions.