Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Vaporizers do they work?

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
I saw this ad at the top of the screen and was wondering if these things really work well? I remember the concept being posed when I was younger around a table of about 5 people when I was in Madison. It was a topic that got a lot of attention, could have been because of the grade of bud sitting in the middle. I was a heavy smoker for a long time both tobacco and other stuff. This along with a major accident where i ended up breathing in hydrochloric fumes has left me with less than perfect lungs. I am just wondering if these work and reduce the amount of coughing that I seem to have from my diminished lung capacity. It seems like it works on a similar concept as an electric cigarette. Also does it reduce the other chemicals present in cannabis that accentuate the THC, I am guessing that it does but thought I would ask if anyone else here has any info.

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
What I can say is yes just like a E cigarette its turning thc into a gaseous/vapor form so it not smoke at all and a lot healthier to inhale then carbon released from a flame. I say if you wanna be healthy eat your pot iv never herd a bad report or any bad out come from eatting it as in noone popped green or had a some kind of bad digestion reaction. :) but you could vape smoke it then cook with the left over considering your bud will look like a rasin and not just a bunch if ash.

Ouroboros

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
1 Déc 2010
some dude on drugs-forum a dit:
There are a few reasons for lost THC in combustion-based ingestion, one of which is in fact the destruction of THC via pyrolysis which yield up to 100 different chemicals. A major portion lost, especially in joints is due to slipstream smoke. For glass, adhesion is a primary loss factor.

Some numbers*
Efficiency of:

Unfiltered joint:
1/13 Cannabanoid/Tar
~20% THC in sample
Single Percolation Waterpipe or Bong:
1/16.9 C/T
Small waterpipe ~25%, Bong ~15% of THC in sample
Filtered joint:
1/16.9 C/T
~20% of sample
Hotplate Vaporizer[/B]:
1/9.75 C/T
~10% of sample
Modern Hot Air Vaporizer:
~9/1 C/T
~60% of THC in sample

Notable difference between vaporizer and combustion-based methods: Due to prolonged exposure and reduced pyrolysis, THC oxidizes to CBN and CBD at a much higher than usual rate, resulting in a less psychoactive smoke, with more physically stimulating components. Thus, more of a "stoney" inebriation results from a vaporizer.

concrete information ;)

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
So what would be the result of multiple percolating chambers? Say a 6 stem shower head/roots (wth ever the right name is) base piece then 2 seperat single
Percolater chamber pieces? What would be the most water soluble psychoactive ingredient in pot smoke? I know delta9thc and delta8 is not and iv tryed looking this up before but never found an answer for this specifically.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
whoa! thanks ouroboros! not much comprehensive stuff out there for info like that. and from MAPS NORML and NIDA no less.

the very first moment i vaped, i knew it was better. "Due to prolonged exposure and reduced pyrolysis, THC oxidizes to CBN and CBD at a much higher than usual rate" CBD and CBN have been studied as some of the main neuro-protective chemicals in cannabis.

and the best part is one can simple eat the vaped remains afterwards for an equally good experience.

i should note than one needn't buy any fancy equipment or anything to vape though. it can be done with some very simple methods. if one is on the go, one can simply use a jar. break down material as fine as possible, throw it in the jar, lid on. heat corner(take a minute with a lighter, but worth it) until vapor is visible. let it build, then hit it.

after initial heating, less fire is needed to keep it going. be sure to shake it around every so often. and be sure to save the scooby snacks for later! maybe a time where vaping is not possible. allow 1 1/2 hrs for comeup on edibles.

another method is the frying pan. it works in the same way, but much faster as there is more fire. here's a basic diagram
.............___
jar>......|.....|..._____
pan>..\_|_w_|_/

set pan to med-low. splash a little water on it to test the temp. then put the jar upside down on pan with spice in the middle of pan. let it build, then tilt bottom open slightly, and use a rolled sheet of paper to vacuum the vapor out. DO NOT VACUUM SCOOBY SNACKS. not till afterwards anyways...

enjoy.

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
Very interesting! Does it make you cough like taking a hit of smoke? I am guessing you apply enough heat but not enough to burn right so it wont be smoke.

freeyourself

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Sept 2011
It is not smoke, it's water vapour. That is the point that is generally a problem for smokers: you do not get the feeling you are used too, the strong "hit" effect on your palate and throat, the combustion taste, the visual effect of smoke getting out of your lungs via your mouth.

I personnaly own an Arizer Solo (Hey Cookies, don't you too?), and it works just fine BUT i love smoking too much for the Solo to be my one and only way of administration. Plus, when night comes, I enjoy (and sometimes need) the stone effect, and vaping gives you more of a high.

My feeling is that every heavy smoker should own a vaporizer. It provides variety in the way to inhale Cannabis, and every doobie you do not smoke is a benefit for your lung. We all own plenty of useless paraphernalia ; this piece is, with the grinder, the only usefull one.

And to answer your question clearly : yes, they do work. Just don't cheap out, read reviews before buying one, and don't expect to get the exact same sensations you would get from smoking.

[French speaking members en force !]

Mrjelly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
25 Août 2012
Very cool! I will definitely give it a shot! I would like to have a new and better way of lighting up. I have not been able to enjoy a good buzz because of my lungs in a very long time. When I smoke these days it hurts to bad and I am very worried about long term lung issues.

Thanks to everyone for the info!

T

trypto

Invité
Arizer and MFLB are very good brands for vapes. MFLB is a great beginner vaporizer because of the price, although it can be tricky to use correctly, your lungs will thank you. I get a different effect when I vape vs. smoke though -- a little more energy and less couch lock, if you know what i mean.

Be sure to check out some reviews on the new PAX vaporizer if you're in the market too: Pax Vaporizer by Ploom on Sale in 3 Colors | Vape World

Disclaimer: I used to work at a headshop.

Remddd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Nov 2011
Once i bought Volcano a year ago i never smoke normal joint anymore. I am taking it with me even when i travel )

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
^ haha yeah they are the nicest thing around...

"you apply enough heat but not enough to burn right so it wont be smoke"

correct, but if you get a really solid hit then you will still cough your balls off, but in a different way. it feels better. this doesnt really happen to me though, it only happens if you forget that you had the vape going for a min and you still take a gnarly hit

freeyourself

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Sept 2011