Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Vaporizer Bong

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
I have a Vapor Bros. vaporizer and I absolutely love it. The only problem is small bits of plant matter get through the screen and it's apparent that I'm inhaling some. Despite whether inhaling plant matter is good or bad, I don't want to inhale it.

Therefore, I'm thinking of cutting my whip and running my vaporizer directly into a basic, small bong to serve as a catcher. I understand that this may reduce the amount of THC in the vapor, but does anyone know approximately how much? How do you know? :?:

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What you sugest makes no sense . Just get better screens and / or dont suck as hard .

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
It's a solution, so it does make sense.

This way you get, for a part, the same system as the Aromed vaporizer (which is one of the best vaporizers I have ever tried).
If the vapor goes through the water of the bong there will be some loss of THC. How much I don't know, but I can not imagine it's a lot...

The solution of God also works by the way...

Zerodyme

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Mar 2009
Never hit a vaporizer before, anticipating for when I do.

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
your not suposed to HAUL on vaporizers... you slowly suck in, untill your lungs are completely full! hold in, n blow out nothingness.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
Ultima a dit:
your not suposed to HAUL on vaporizers... you slowly suck in, untill your lungs are completely full! hold in, n blow out nothingness.

Indeed, I do exactly what you're supposed to do.

Say a small amount (an unnoticeable amount) escapes the screen each time I vaporize. Over time I notice some of those pieces gathering at the mouth piece.

All I'm saying is whether I feel it or not, some small amount of plant matter is being inhaled. I want the plant matter to hit a road block. :shock:

Bongtastic.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Good lord, dude.
That thing is dirty as hell.

Haha.

cellcommunity

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2009
If you want monsterhits "de verdamper" is the best vaporiser imho :)

image028.jpg

http://www.hempcity.nl/cannabisshops/indica/vaporhighzer/index.html

FlyingDutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Sept 2008
I'm having exactly the same problem with my whip vaporizer. I always flick my tongue up and down as I inhale, which catches pretty much of the stuff getting through the screen, but obviously this isn't very comfortable. :p
I'm about to try a different finer and slightly bigger type of screen, which hopefully fits into the whip better then the current one, since most of the stuff that gets through falls along the sides of the screen.

Let us know how the bong solution works out.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
The bong has been a huge success and provides me with an even more enjoyable vapor. I practically take bong rips of cool air and be knocked off my ass for hours.

I recommend trying this.

ManDrugMachine

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mai 2009
JamBar,

Sounds like you've already figured this out, but I've read that it's a myth that bong water lowers THC content, just as it's a myth that it filters tars and carcinogins. The only advantages to a bong appear to be cooler vapor/smoke and efficiency for smoking.

I vape as well... and even though I've got a good screen and I am drawing air slowly, I know that I must be breathing in SOME particles, because I can see them collect in the glass and whip in between cleanings, but since it's not burnt plant material, I figured it wasn't harmful... but who knows. I'm sure I get a lot more plant material in my lungs from mowing the lawn, though. :)

Interesting setup you have now, though. I bought a Vapor Bros. too, about a year and a half ago, and I've never looked back. I do not understand why vaporization is taking so long to catch on. And after doing a bunch of research, I found, like you did, that VB was the way to go... ceramic heating element, simple efficient convection design, no bag (like the Volcano) to risk wasting vapor, reasonably cheap.

JamBar

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
25 Mar 2009
ManDrugMachine a dit:
JamBar,

Sounds like you've already figured this out, but I've read that it's a myth that bong water lowers THC content, just as it's a myth that it filters tars and carcinogins. The only advantages to a bong appear to be cooler vapor/smoke and efficiency for smoking.

I vape as well... and even though I've got a good screen and I am drawing air slowly, I know that I must be breathing in SOME particles, because I can see them collect in the glass and whip in between cleanings, but since it's not burnt plant material, I figured it wasn't harmful... but who knows. I'm sure I get a lot more plant material in my lungs from mowing the lawn, though. :)

Interesting setup you have now, though. I bought a Vapor Bros. too, about a year and a half ago, and I've never looked back. I do not understand why vaporization is taking so long to catch on. And after doing a bunch of research, I found, like you did, that VB was the way to go... ceramic heating element, simple efficient convection design, no bag (like the Volcano) to risk wasting vapor, reasonably cheap.

Amen brother.

I think vaporization is taking so long to catch on because most people know how easy it is to take a lighter to a bowl.

Also a lot of people have told me that they prefer smoking because they need to see the smoke in order to be satisfied.

:D

ManDrugMachine

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Mai 2009
Well, hopefully people will learn. Every time I hear a prohibitionist talk about carcinogens, I feel helpless to retort, knowing that I'm a minority. Although, if legalization came with the caveat of keeping smoking illegal and was put to a vote, I would not think twice.

BTW, I dig your pic, JamBar. Definitely one of my all-time fav albums.

RushNerd

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
I'm glad someone else tried this too. I have the SAME model as you,and the vapor is pretty hot as well as full of particles. Like you I just run the plastic tubing through a small bong. Still even this feels like a chore after years, I'm considering just buying one of the vapor-bong attachments(the kind that use a lighter to heat up a small slab of stone to vape) instead of fooling with this.

Anyone have any experience with the stone-type vapes for water pipies?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
1 :- cellcommunity , that is a crud "vaporiser" . Its clear to see that its full of......SMOKE..... vapor is nearly invisible . Plus its to big and the distance between the cannabis and a persons lungs is much to big . Most of the "vapor" would be lost before the rest reaches a persons lungs .

2 :- If anyone is getting particles in his mouth he is doing something drasticaly wrong and / or he has a realy CRUD "vaporiser" .

3 :- The brown stuff in your tubes is either tar or THC . = Get a real vaporiser and / or shorten your tubes . If you say "but the vapor is to hot" then you just prove that your "vaporiser" is CRUD . I NEVER burned my mouth or felt that the vapor was to hot and my vaporiser tube was 9.5 cms long . The distance between my mouth and the cannabis / heat was 12 - 13 cms .

4 :- Dirty bastards . Keep your aparatus clean and you will get higher .

5 :- LEARN TO RESIZE PICTURES . 600 x 600 is good .

6 :- As i said before dont suck so hard . And if you controle your suck = tapor it = start slowly and then increase the speed you pull the heat from your heating element makes the cannabis stick together and you wont get a lung full of particles .

7 :- Dont double post fotos its a total pain . So is quoteing whole posts .

8 :- Dont talk crap . There are enough scientific studys that prove that bongs are a waste of time . Some are posted here on this site and are also available from MAPS .

8 :- Vaporisers are not very popular because A :- they are mostly extremely expensive . B :- most of them are cumbersom . C :- most iof them arent vaporisers ( see the smoke in the picture ) . D :- most of them are very ineficient . E :- most of them take to long and to much effort to load . F :- most people are used to breathing in gasses from the burning process that also add something to what they call being high . G :- very many kiddys and people that have never thought about it who waste their time , money and health with bongs and water / ice in bongs dont know what high is and confuse the poisoning that comes through smokeing a bong with being high .

9 :- "My goal is simply to find the safest, cleanest, and most effective method for consuming cannabis." . Then either get a real vaporiser with a short stem and learn to use it efficiently , or get a pure pipe made of glass and learn to smoke powdered cannabis efficiently , or eat it .

10 :- Carcinogens . Cannabis smoke contains more but they are not as dangerous as the carcinogens in tabaco . Plus cannabis doesnt contain nicotin or the amount of radioactivity wich in conection with carcinogens makes the posibility of cancer MUCH more . Show me one single person in the world that got cancer from smokeing pure cannabis .