Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

valentine's day

osuruk

Banni
Inscrit
6 Fev 2007
all days are valentine's day for me and my gf
but
there is a day named "valentine's day" and i find it too much commercial
you pay tons of money for roses, you pay much more to restaurants than other days, gifts....in the same much money than other days etc etc
totally it is commercial and i find this day soo stupidly
but anyways happy valentine's day all :lol:

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I'm making a big ass vegetarian dinner at home for my sexy little wifey.

I might buy some flowers.....we'll see

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
osuruk a dit:
all days are valentine's day for me and my gf
but
there is a day named "valentine's day" and i find it too much commercial
you pay tons of money for roses, you pay much more to restaurants than other days, gifts....in the same much money than other days etc etc
totally it is commercial and i find this day soo stupidly
but anyways happy valentine's day all :lol:

I understand what u mean and I agree, but still it's fun to be with your lover on valentine's day 8). Gotta go now, going to the misses :wink:

Peace!

G

Invité
i always find hard to do something that i am, somewhat, obligated to do. valentine's day is an example of that, i always get depressed and/or full of hatred. when something or someone pushes me in a direction and tells me that i should feel this or feel that, my mind and my feelings always work in the opposite angle. fortunately, many people "work" this way, so it is nice to find every once in a while someone that feels this way too!

and spend some hard-earned money in a red pillow saying "i love you" that will gather dust, and will be a redundant thing, no thank you. i only buy what is indispendable for life in general. i hate to collect little items, that, in the end, happen to personificate (is this how it is spelled?) a memory, or a night, or a person. my personal objects that make me recall significant others are always thrown-aways, like a train ticket, a lighter, pieces of plastic covers...i find it so much deeper and amusing, something that someone has touched and used without noticing, than rather buying something just to make a special occasion. that just cuts the spirit off things. my opinion, of course.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
yeah, daytriper!
agreed!!

alice

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
Also agree tripper :).

Thus me and my GF skipped Valentine's day.. and I bought her something nice yesterday and had a nice evening together ;) hehe. Tomorrow again. :oops:

Tetris

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Juin 2006
Taking my girl out to dinner tomorrow.
Not for valentine`s day, but cause she`s cool ! ; )

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
wish i actually even had a girl ^_^

But Valentine's is kinda bleh.

G

Invité
I don't have a gf, but still managed to have sex with 2 females :D

Screw valentine's day :mrgreen:

cocoa.gif

consumerist.gif

shareholders.gif

unimaginative.gif

But the best:

special.gif

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
space:

Lucky bastard :wink:

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
daytripper a dit:
i always find hard to do something that i am, somewhat, obligated to do. valentine's day is an example of that, i always get depressed and/or full of hatred. when something or someone pushes me in a direction and tells me that i should feel this or feel that, my mind and my feelings always work in the opposite angle. fortunately, many people "work" this way, so it is nice to find every once in a while someone that feels this way too!

and spend some hard-earned money in a red pillow saying "i love you" that will gather dust, and will be a redundant thing, no thank you. i only buy what is indispendable for life in general. i hate to collect little items, that, in the end, happen to personificate (is this how it is spelled?) a memory, or a night, or a person. my personal objects that make me recall significant others are always thrown-aways, like a train ticket, a lighter, pieces of plastic covers...i find it so much deeper and amusing, something that someone has touched and used without noticing, than rather buying something just to make a special occasion. that just cuts the spirit off things. my opinion, of course.

This is just life, so many institutions and people and media telling us what to do. I don't like it either, so I don't do valentines day. But this day actually makes me happy because so many people act in the way they are told... People carrying roses and hartshaped balloons on the street, receiving a rose from the railway staff, speakers at a seminar making jokes about this day, for me it was a day where everyone seemed nicer to one another. More than usual. So in my opinion Valentines day is not a bad thing at all, and the anti-commercial view is just a pessimistic view.

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
@ brew nice that you made a vergetarian dinner :wink:

we should start a group that convinces people to boycot shops in the special days like christmas, valentines day and all the days that became too commercial. so that after a while no shop would put effort in those days and the special day would have to come out of the persons themselves

G

Invité
I must agree with Jakobien.
The whole anti-attitude is the wrong aproach.
If you send out something negative it will create a negative reaction.
It's not about the commercial side of it, but if everybody would be nicer to one another every single day you wouldn't need a special day.

Every day would be special.

Ok every day is special, only why can't anybody see it?
Probably because we create problems, learn through age some filters, develop judgements and beliefs to make things easier to process. Get stuck in everyday life, forgetting what it's all about.
And I think many people need a day like valentine to have a day that you're more conscious about showing other people affection, it's poor but it's true.

Be conscious every single day, shine and enlighten the world.

Love and Light!

G

Invité
Hahaha, thanks Mr. Space, you just saved my ass, as I totally forgot Valentine's day and my GF was kinda pissed about this, now I have tons of argument to convince her that I'm not such a bad guy :D

G

Invité
phalaris a dit:
space:

Lucky bastard :wink:

No man, this has absolutely nothing to do with luck.
This is something I created myself.
If you want things and really focus on it and feel the happiness it brings before you get it, it will come to you.

It's the law of attraction.