Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

using a ziplock bagy full of steril substrate for casing???

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
ok sorry for the excessive posts here but now im wondering what if i took the same amount made to fill 5 half pint jars of steril substrate and then wipe the part of the baggy. inject into center of the bagy then tape the hole from the syring used to inoculate the the bag and then incubate and give it a good skate or two each day to spread to spread the mycelium around and then dump it into a alumium cake casing and spread it into the alumium box and when put a layer of sterilized peat moss and verm to coat the top of the casing? would this work? almost like making a cheep version of the mushbags but ur not fruiting the mushies in the bag your dumping the colonized substrate into the casing. how colonized does the bag have to be before dumping it into the alumium case if this is a method that will work. if not then how do i make casings and how do i incubate them and how do i fruit them. i have tons of fully inoculated hars im just giving them a few days to be sure there ready for there cold flash but can i use them to start inoculating any other way to make the casing. or should i stick to the pf.

thankyou for any help.

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
posted by 'eatyualive'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
first of all i want to say this tek is for newbs who have problems with grain or are too lazy. this is also for people who only have one pf jars worth of mycelia. 1 jar can easily turn into 100 in a 2 weeks time. this basically is spawning with brf using ziplocs and no flowhood!!!!!!!

a foaf had 1 pf jar and turned it into 25 bags in 2 weeks. that is 100 jars worth of substrate from 1 pf jar. now, take into consideration g2g(grain to grain transfers) with the limitations of this tek. a friend did this for 2 months straight with no contamination, however the foaf would highly suggest after 2-3 transfers or 1 month renewing the mycelia from either multispore inoc or agar transfer to wbs or rye berry and then doing it again. now that or just use brf with multispore.

materials
1. 1 colonized pf jar
2. 4 uncolonized but pced sterile pf jars.
3. 1 ziplock bag
4. 1 needle

procedure:

1. clean your work area using alcohol and lysol. typically, wear a mask and gloves and sterilize the air with lysol as well as a hepa filter. take note this tek requires no touching of the substrate!
2. get 4 uncolonized jars and 1 colonized jar and turn them upside down and pat them until they are loose from the jar.
3. open lids and dump off excess verm layer then dump 4 uncolonized cakes into ziploc with colonized bag.( this needs to be done very quickly, less airtime the less chance for contams)
4. now seal ziploc and crunch up all cakes, making sure the colonized cake gets spread evenly throughout the bag. this way colonization takes place quickly.
5.LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY POKE HOLES USING A NEEDLE! use a small sewing needle so that a few holes are poked along the top of the ziploc. and MAKE SURE your incubation room is very sterile.
6. let incubate for 3-6 days and full colonization occurs. no shaking necessary.
included below are some pics. the first is 1 day after incubation, the second is 3 days after incubation. this is an incredible discovery in brf. it is a simple newb way of multiplying spawn ten fold in 2 weeks. all you have to do is keep making brf jars. and then renew inoculations once a month or every few weeks.
here is a pic a the next day after spawning

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
its not possible to take a steril bag of substrate and wipe the part where ur gona inject with n alchohol pad and then inoculate then tape the hole?? then shake the bag every few days n then use that to pour into a tupperware bin to make a casing or somthing? i cant get any info other then what i posted above^

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Why make it more difficult ? You have enough jars , why do grain to grain transfers and have a much higher risk of growing contamination ? Can you aford a hepa filter ? Keep it easy and dont be gready is my advice .

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
Get pint sized jars and fill them with hydrated popcorn or rye and leave about 2 inches of room. Then pressure cook them 1.5 to 2 hours. After they cool inject your spores just like a PF cake. When mycelium covers 25% of the jar give it a good shake. Allow it to colonize 100%.

When fully colonized simply case the jar by apply a thin layer of casing mix to the grain cake while still in the jar. Wrap the jar in foil. Put this in your fruiting chamber.

A simple way to case grain without having to spawn it to a tray etc.

If that works out well for you then you can move onto bulk substrate casings to get higher yields.

You can do this with 1/2 pint jars too but the yields are much better with pint sized jars.

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
GOD a dit:
Why make it more difficult ? You have enough jars , why do grain to grain transfers and have a much higher risk of growing contamination ? Can you aford a hepa filter ? Keep it easy and dont be gready is my advice .

I do grain transfers as well as agar work inside a simple still-air box.
Simply a rubbermaid container with a clear lid with 2 arm holes cut in the side.
I only have a 5% contamination rate. Thats a 95% success rate.

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
what are arm holes? how big of a tupperware bin do you use. can you take a colinized jar shaken up and poured into the substance you use for casing? any info from you on how you did it would be great. i dont like the amount of mushrooms i get from the pf tek cake way. i want to learn how to do casing cultivation. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks for the info tho

CaptainMax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Juil 2008
You don't want to use substrate as a casing. It would just colonize and then need to be cased again. A true casing is simply a layer of vermiculite or other substance who's sole purpose is to provide extra water to the colonized substrate. If anybody wants to improve their methods and take the next step so to speak then learning to do grain to grain transfers is a must. Then one would add the colonized grains to a bin of bulk substrate such as compost, straw or worm castings. Once that is all colonized it's time to case. Simplest casing is damp vermiculite applied like a icing on a cupcake as a thin layer.