Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

UK Drug Adviser sacked by the Home Office

McAllister

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2008
Alan Johnson, the UK Home Secretary has sacked Professor David Nutt, the government's drug adviser.

Professor Nutt had been making things uncomfortable for the UK government by calling on them to classify drugs by referring to a harm index that put alcohol and tobacco above LSD, ecstasy and cannabis, but the last straw came when Nutt vigorously criticised the government in a talk at Kings College London. Article below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8334774.stm

Clearly the UK Labour Party aren't ones for free speech, and are writhing uncomfortably on their slow descent towards defeat in next year's election.
They too it seems are on their way to being sacked.

Let's hope the publicity generated by this has a positive affect on generating support for more sensible drug policy in the UK.

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
DAMMIT
after i JUST read about his logical and sensible words on creating an index of harm i come here and read THIS
omfg

RAGE :evil:

why is it that governments are so fuckin backwards?

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
That big Dildo Brown, At it again...

I said it is, So it is!

Dictatorship... Im fucking sick of it...

adam_phinel

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Juin 2009
Some of his colleagues have resigned in protest now. I just can't see how we can ever trust a government that is ignoring science and going on some kind of primitive witch hunt. Hopefully this will cause further debate and a problem for the government.