Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Top Three Productivity-Enhancing Drugs

phalaris

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
This is day 7 of my caffeine abstinence. My aim is to refrain from drinking coffee until the second of June. Eventhough I normally drink only 1-2 cups a coffee a day, I began to notice the caffeine drains my energy and fucked up the quality of my sleep.

While browsing for information on concentration, stress and coffee, I found this interesting article on the lifehack blog. (There are some other interesting reads as well.)

What is your experience with the combinations of concentration, coffee and stress ?. Do you take caffeine breaks ? Are there people here that do not use any caffeine at all, or the opposite: any heavy caffeine addicts ?

Phalaris.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
im ashamed to admit im a caffien addict. if i go more than a day without i experience migrain level headaches, dizzy spells and nausia. ive an expresso machine (like in a cafe) and i fill the basket, tamp it down then fill it again. my understanding is caffein improves liver function, and my liver isnt great because ive damaged it over the years. shame about the panchreatic cancer risk, but you cant have everything. i dont think coffee increases my stress levels, but then nothing does. having said that my girlfriend cant drink more than one coffee a day or she feels mentaly and physicaly uncomfortable, especially her stomach i think yhe stomach discomfort results from yhe oils in coffee rather than caffein proper

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
I don't touch the stuff, and don't find difficult to work ie. doing all nighters to meet deadlines when I really need to.

Always something I roll my eyes about is when those addicted to caffeine (or heavy drinkers of alcohol) critisize me for my psychedelic use. I tend to challenge them to stop caffeine / alcohol for a week or 2, and I'll not take any psychedelics for 6 months... anyone whose taken me up on it so far has found reasons to go back to it before the time's up... doesnt stop them thinking I'm foolish for using "drugs".

Not that I've got anything against people who enjoy / use caffeine and alcohol, just don't like the hipocrisy.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I only take caffeine in the green tea I drink. I drink it almost every morning, though. :roll: There are moments when I don't drink it for a while, but it is harder for me to wake up.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
There was a period I had to stop drinking caffeine because everyday I would get the jitters a few hours after drinking, making me feel anxious and slightly paranoid. It may have been a combination of factors of course.. but taking a break, drinking decaf and teas for a couple months seemed to help a lot.

These days I can drink caffeine again no problems, although I do think I am better off having it occasionally rather than everyday. But I'm totally addicted of course!

Coffee... yum

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I used to drink coffee every morning for half a year or so, but now I only use it to be awake longer and to focus a bit better when I need to. I had yellow label tea this morning for my exam. Somehow tea tends to be more gentle than coffee, maybe it's placebo... or maybe I make coffee that's too strong :)

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive read somewhre that after a few weeks you become immune to the caffein and addicted to opium shaped chemicals from the coffea. it doesnt stop me sleeping, but it is addictive it was almost made illegal in holland in16-17centry because husbands neglected their wives, out drinking coffee and politicians would blab state secrets around their 5h cup.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I drink a cup of coffee each morning when I go to school, or else I fall asleep in class. Now school's over so I'll try to drink the less possible. After a week or two of abstinence from caffeine, it becomes much more fun than speed! (which is no fun at all)

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
Day 8.

Just arrived at my work. Everybody's drinking coffee as usual. I've settled for a cup of chocolate milk instead.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
This is day 7 of my caffeine abstinence. My aim is to refrain from drinking coffee until the second of June. Eventhough I normally drink only 1-2 cups a coffee a day, I began to notice the caffeine drains my energy and fucked up the quality of my sleep.
On the first Sunday of my holiday (between April 27 and May 13) I ran out of caffeinated coffee, so decided to open the pack of decaffinated coffee I had bought long ago...

I had a headache that day, but decided to quit permanently. I have sinned a few times in social settings, but in general I'm clean. No more craving, no more sleepiness in the morning. Oh my God, today it's been ONE MONTH!!!

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I'm quite addicted for about 3 years. I'm steady at 6 cups of coffee a day. Abandoned espresso.

I'm not particulary attempting to cutting down since it raises my physical activity, reduces boredom at worktasks, and enhances willingness to participate in the society. Also writing, debating and thought processes are going more smooth

As weird as it sounds, the world politics would be MUCH different if humans did not had caffeine. At least not so chilly and heated.

It's just so integrated in our world that we think that the side effects are born habits of humans.

Side effects are mildly increased arrogance/ego, strong urge to make your point, flipping reaction when getting irritated if the dose wears off, and swearing or rude speech is much easier said.

I'm honest with myself and admit I'm suffering these effects too, although I have managed it well thanks to mushrooms who fully taught me what cafeine is.

In fact, quite a poision that speeds up heated behaviour.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I am also an addict. I drink 2-3 cups every morning, and cannot function without it... I really enjoy my cups of coffee in the morning. Its funny how I never question using caffine daily, but question daily use of Marijuana. Marijuana is proabably better for my health than caffine, I think the social conditioning is getting to me!!

PEACE & LOVE

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Hmmm I wouldn't say that daily marijuana use is healthier than daily coffee use, if you smoke it at least... weed is pretty hard on the lungs.

Anyway, any drug is bad for health when used daily.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Anyway, any drug is bad for health when used daily.

Yeah I know. I am stopping smoking Marijuana on a regular basis, but coffee seems way to hard to let go, at least while school is still here.

PEACE & LOVE

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
My aim is to refrain from drinking coffee until the second of June.

Jeeh, I almost made it: still 1h17m to the second of june. I cheated a little bit with cola now and then though ;)

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
cannot function without my daily multivitamin booster pills - they smell like crap but're the best :lol:

caffein is not my addicion really but the smell and taste of coffee is also practically a dialy need.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
i just went 3 days without coffee. the first two were hellish, headache all day 1 and week wobbly knees and flue like sweats yesterday. felt 100% today but started drinking hot black joe at my girlfriends so i havnt achieved anything. when i was a speed freak i would take a g in work on a friday to make bonus(i was shelling scallops in a fish factory) for every 10pounds i spent id make 50. when i got another job i stopped because id do 2 days work and get payed for 1. in the fish processing factory sometimes wed do 20hour shifts so even the normals took speed. most people lasted 1 year at most because our health would be ravaged, partly the hours(and wiz) partly the sodium metabisulphate used to clean the prawns(langustine) which ate our lungs and destroyed all the vit c in our boddies. happy days

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
ive been drinking rooibos and honey its ok, no caffein and low tannin. as for NL/haze ive produced that and it worth the extra weeks. cant go to work on it though cos it spaces me out. ive made kif and oil with the trim and holyf*ck it messed me up and i know how to drive weed. id like to visit humbolt but they wont let me in for some reason. i was genuinely impressed with your home movie. cant produce outside here(ive tried) because september is allways wet and mold takes everything. and deer. and slugs, rabbits....

No-Key

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Déc 2006
I drink an energy drink in the middle of the day when I usually get drowsy, probably isn't the best habit to be forming, but christ that stuff gets you on your toes.

For energy; sleep well, eat small frequent portions, exercise, and don't fucking smoke.