Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Tincture microsip method

jj

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Jan 2008
Here's a method I've used. It gets me to stage 4 in a few minutes. I'm sure it could be improved upon, but before I started doing it this way I was not having much success.

I make the strongest tincture I can make by stuffing a bunch of leaf into everclear. I'm no scientist. I don't know how much leaf to put in, so I just crush a lot of leaf and stuff it into the bottle until it's as high as the level of the booze. Heck, I have a kilo.

Here's the crazy part. I do this stuff straight. Maybe I should evaporate the alcohol off some. Whatever. My method works. The alcohol helps the salvinorin to pass into the bloodstream.

I take tiny little sips, microsips, of this hot stuff. I swirl them around my mouth. This dillutes the hot stuff with a little saliva while allowing it to be absorbed all around my mouth. Then, this stuff becomes more tolerable for swallowing. I swallow it when it has gone from "burning hot" to "warm."

People say don't swallow Salvia, but my method works. I take such small sips/swallows that the stuff absorbs as it goes down my throat. If stomach acid destroys salvinorin, that's pretty irrelevant when the salvinorin and alcohol are absorbed before they get there. The esophagus has a lot of surface area for absorbing salvinorin.

I pour myself a little cup of this stuff and work my way through it, a sip at a time. It might take 5-10 minutes to take these sips while I read a book in bed. Then, when things get a bit odd, I turn off the light and put the book down. And away I go...

I'm sure it could be improved upon, but it's way better than holding a mouthful of sloppy Salvia drool for 15 minutes until you can't stand it any more, and then being bummed that after all that trouble, it didn't work.

The next day, a thin layer of cells in my mouth has been scorched, and my tongue is green. My throat isn't burnt if the sips were small and got a little weakened by swirling them around before swallowing.

For me, it's all worth it.

For me, smoking brings on effects too fast... in a few seconds you have to go through this major change of consciousness. Sometimes it goes well for me. Other times, I feel uneasy as I'm stretched and twisted this way and that.

This way brings on effects in 5-10 minutes. It's not really a long time, but it's plenty of time for settling into the developing trip. It's very mellow, even as I soar into stage 4.

I just pour the right amount into the cup to start. I do this by eye, not by measurement. I suppose if I measured it I could dial in exactly how high I want to get.

malakian21

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Juin 2008
Yup i do about the same, i use everclear and i do evap mabye half off and add a drop of peppermint. I love it Works really well at night, love the mood it puts me in the next 1 or 2 days ^^

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
interesting. won't be able to try that for a while (in transit a lot these days), but i would love to sometime. how long do you soak the leaves in the tincture?

this sounds like the perfect way to experience the effects of salvia.

i wonder if this would work with extract as well, if the alcohol would absorb it as easily as it does from the leaves. it is an experiment i could try, albeit slightly expensive one. Leaves are so darn cheap (comparatively speaking)

malakian21

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Juin 2008
I had soked my leafs for 1 week, right now i got some on its 2nd week. Was gonna let it go for a month or too. Ive made a few batches, and i think the one i evaporated is by far the stronger one. I do wanna say that i dont swallow mine, i like it soke in my mouth for about 15minutes, I start to feel it around minute 10. Spit it out, lately ive been doin it a second time after i spit the frist one out. Also i keep some chewing gum next to me, when i spit it out ill take some gum, to get the taste out a bit. :D

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Try using something than Everclear to extract as Everclear has water in it, making salvinorin A less soluble in it. A better pick would be ethanol, methylene chloride, 91+% isopropyl alcohol, acetone, etc, making sure there are no impurities of course.

Also, I'm not sure how much salvinorin will absorb in to your solvent (as it does depend) but, I would just keep doing small batches of extractions and than add all the liquid together to evaporate, making a potentially strong extract.

I think I got that right ^. But I did just wake up, so don't get too upset if I'm wrong. :P

malakian21

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Juin 2008
The everclear im using is 95% alcohol, the isopropyl i have is 91%, doesnt the everclear have less water in it?

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
everclear is about as good as it gets without buying from a lab supplier.

I thought acetone (nail varnish remover) was meant to be good, but thats just off of the top of my head, best check on erowid.

Guess I'll state the obvious, can't be too careful:

if its anything other than ethanol, be sure to evaporate it properly!

malakian21

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Juin 2008
Cool thanks for the info, thats the only reason i havent used anthing but everclear, because of the thought of naphtha (or whatever i use) beaing in my final product. :?

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Yeah, don't get me wrong, Everclear is fine to use, I was just suggesting other things, in case you had access. ;)

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Let me also add in most nail polisher sold as acetone is NOT always pure acetone, know what you are using before you use it.