Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

think you see in 3d?

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
well i meant more following reason and logic as opposed to your emotion

emotions are a subconscious thing but they can be consciously trained. ask any seal clubber lol

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
whether you "train" your emotions or not you'll always be a subjective bias person. theres nothing you can do to "train" that out of yourself.

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
you're missing the point. objectivity and subjectivity are both in the realm of a (bias) perspective. (what you think is objectivity, I call universitality) the difference with objectivity is that it's more productive and selfish. it's the ultimate bias

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
have you ever read Ayn Rand?

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
no (i think i should read atlas shrugged though)

i just looked up objectivity and you're right. i orginally called it productivity (productivist) when i thought of it, then i heard ayn rand already thought of it (after reading a little bit about her from the subgenius site) so i just started calling it objectivity. glad to know no one thought of it yet. realizing you come from a perspective and that, by logic, you must be biased (the success of most other people have no benifit for me. why would i want what is best for them?)

i call it productive hedonism :mrgreen:

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
beyond subjectivity, nothing exists.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
I love Ayn rand
but i wouldnt start with Atlas Shrugged as it is a Tedious read.
i would start with Anthem, followed by Fountainhead. all are really amazing though.
Anthem first though because its short, to the point but still an amazing read. it sums up her philosophy for you before reading her larger books.

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
do you enjoy hearing random bullshit that sounds nice?

do you realize what he said is saying nothing exists beyond our limited perspective? that atoms didn't exist before they were discovered?

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
you are taking it too literally waygie, i know what banana was saying.

akcom

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2009
You guys need to stop doing drugs and read some real philosophy. Start with objectivism as that seems to be the general motif here.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
akcom a dit:
You guys need to stop doing drugs and read some real philosophy. Start with objectivism as that seems to be the general motif here.

Real philosophy :mrgreen:

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
"you guys need to stop doing drugs"

*stops doing drugs*

*continues*

akcom

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2009
My point is most of the ideas you guys are just barely grasping at like air through your fingers have already been explored to much greater depth and with much more elegance by people much smarter than most of us. If you want to really learn something, go read about objectivism. But if all you want to do is smoke some weed or drop some acid and go "dude, what if...like... reality isn't real?" then by all means ago ahead.

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
akcom a dit:
seeing in 2D came to me sober

"productivism" came to me sober after reading a little bit about nihilism. i wanted to make a path....but, yea, im gunna read that book

but so far I haven't agreed with any of the 'real philosophy' I've read

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
akcom] a dit:
nothing I say is like that. obviously seeing in 2d wasn't discovered yet. obviously we see in 2d.

here's an idea, howabout you give me a link to an article or something, and I'll tell you how it's shit

I read a little bit of the lowest animal and I was disgusted by what I read. do you happen to agree with twain?

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
i dont smoke weed. wish i could tho.

akcom

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2009
waygie a dit:
akcom] a dit:
nothing I say is like that. obviously seeing in 2d wasn't discovered yet. obviously we see in 2d.

here's an idea, howabout you give me a link to an article or something, and I'll tell you how it's shit

I read a little bit of the lowest animal and I was disgusted by what I read. do you happen to agree with twain?
[/quote]
Read Fountainhead or Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology and let me know why you think they're shit.

As for Mark Twain and The Lowest Animal, I don't see what that has to do with objectivism and the nature of reality.

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
well i agree with (what i've read about) objectivism so I can't do that
I brought up mark twain because he was talking about "real philosophers" being smarter than me

I can, however, show you how ayn rand's theory on our consciousness being real is shit. she says we percieve things that exist so our consciousness (what we use to perceive) must exist. well if the very thing that we are debating could be fake is the only proof of anything exists, then we can't assume it's real
the only thing we know is that we feel and experience this consciousness (real or fake) and that is reason enough to hedonistically feed it (the selfish virtue being the base of objectivism)