Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

the influence of Reading a Trip report

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
do u think that Reading a trip report influences your trip with the certain drug ur taking??

I myself think it doesn't , atleast not in a drastic way cause when ur having a good trip u won't even remember what u read
u barely remember anything

I have some friends that think it does effect it and some say it doesn't and share my opinion
I would like to have your opinions about this

G

Invité
It deffinately can have some effect.
But I think a trip report is mainly there for reading of what you could also experience or can expect of the substance.
Ofcourse you read about bad trips, but if you yourself are really sure you want to do it and feel that you're allready comftable in your own mind, then there's nothing to worry about.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
A trip is influenced by set and setting and your expectations are just part of that so yes, I'm sure trip reports influence a trip.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
yeah, it must do it. In any case, it will do when you are researching a substance before you try it for the first time. The other times you will probably rely more on your previous trips, so that a trip report will not be that influential (unless, of course, you start doing higher doses to have a deeper experience and start reading up on those kind of trips). All in all I would say that if you are relatively new to the substance, reading trip reports will influence your trip more than when you are more experienced.

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Same thought from me...

Especially the first time, you don't know what to expect, so you get yourself some experiences from others and reflect on them.
For example, when something happens to you in a trip, a feeling, visual, something like that, you think 'Hey i've read this in that report'.
It's like mirroring your trip experience to someone else's.

But ofcourse there's the setting, plus your own mind. Last one has most influence ofcourse. Trip reports might be more of a guideline I think.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
skrudge a dit:
Trip reports might be more of a guideline I think.

Yes I agree on that
I read trip reports when I wanna do a drug for the first time
to know not be completely overthrown by its effects and get a bad experience out of it and not wanting to do it again, though it might have been a nice drug
also I find trip reports fun to read :) its just amazing what some people experienced if all they say is true

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Yeah I that thought 'dude this can't be true!'

but then again, why would they make up a story like it :D
Anyway, This saturday I'm going to do Philosophers stoners, never done em before, and it will be my first trip alone as well (well, on shrooms, did other stuff alone )
So I'll write you guys a nice report :)

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
u do that hehe :)
Good luck

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I don't think trip reports influence my trips because I usually can't really understand descriptions of trip experiences that never occured to me. I usually recall these after a trip when I suddenly realize that I just experienced something similar. I couldn't picture it before, I didn't think of the trip report while I experienced it, only after the trip I can make the equation.

Influencing my trips in a certain way never worked for me. The trip shows me what it wants me to show, not what I want to see. It's getting most interesting when I let it all go, like in meditation, and let everything happen. Of course there are things in these trip-visions which are influenced by your reading, but they are mostly marginal - the real important stuff I experience on trips is that which I am sure I never expected.