Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

that feeling...

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
you know that sense you get when you smoke considerable quantities of weed and you feel like vibrations flowing throughout your body? what's up with that?? i have read people describing it here in several occasions (2 of them very recent) and also i think that when getting the "THC OD" that sucks big time one feels it too, of course this is rather unpleasant. i have experienced it in both ways; pleasantly and unpleasantly. it is in my experience usually pleasant, except when i try to concentrate too much on it and i feel it starts building up in my head (this gets quite scary after a while so i drop it). i have also heard joe rogan saying it has happened to him while hanging in his isolation tanks. the symptoms are the vibrations all over and you feel like it's too much. the easiest way of making it happen is laying on a bed after smoking plenty (not that much if HQ grass or if you haven't smoked in a while) and closing in on yourself. basically attempting meditation.

this one time i sat very still and held my hands in certain position, palms facing up, and tried to concentrate the flow in my hands. amazingly enough it worked. i felt my hands were ultra-numb and felt like they were made of solid rock. what the hell is happening here?

i call it the vibes, kundalini or simply energy-flow but i do not really believe i am collecting free available energy of the universe or raising chi or something because that is too awesome to be true.

what do you think?

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I had this feeling just last night! I think it's very similar to the more easily attained feeling you get when mixing weed and alcohol. Not sure what the cause is, but it's a wicked bodystone.

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Yes I recognize this aswell. I managed to reach that point a couple of times when I decided to just keep vaporizing, untill the effort of lifting the balloon to my mouth was just too much, or I just completely forgot I was smoking/vaping weed in the first place. There was this immense feeling of 'energies' vibrating/flowing throughou my body, and one time it even got a bit painful, as the vibrations turned into lots and LOTS of tiny electrical shocks.. must say that wasn't pleasant, at all, but very interesting at the time nevertheless, as the mental aspect revolved around me taking a step back from myself and observing the internal dialogue. It felt like 'I' was watching my own thought process from a little distance, just 'far' enough so i wouldn't get caught up in the flow of thoughts.. a bit like visiting your own mental-thoghts library or maybe watching a movie about your thoughts, if this would be possible^^ Lastly, I wasn't really aware of my physical surrounding. I knew it was there on a rational level, and upon opening my eyes I could see there really was 'a place' I was at. But i couldn't even begin to think about what this actually meant; I couldn't grasp the notion that I had to be >somewhere<; It felt a lot more like just being.

this one time i sat very still and held my hands in certain position, palms facing up, and tried to concentrate the flow in my hands. amazingly enough it worked. i felt my hands were ultra-numb and felt like they were made of solid rock. what the hell is happening here?

Coincidentally a friend was telling me about the same/something similar yesterday. I don;t remember the details, but the essence was about mentally sending energies from the rest of your body to, for example, your hand (he was talking about two different energies combined, which resulted in this effect, but.. well.. I'm a bit hesistant to talk about different kinds of energy and theorizing about combined effects and such, if I have no actual reason to think there is more than one in the first place...). He had been practicing it for a while, though he admitted he wasn't THAT good at it^^. Anyway he continued by holding his hand in a candle flame, not above, but right inside the flame, and although he did feel pain after a short while, it was still a considerable amount of time his hand was being burned by the flame, and indeed the whole hand was black from the flame's heat, yet he didn't feel as much pain as he 'should' have. I guess this is the same thing that happened to you :) (although he was sober heheh).

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I can experience this too.
You shouldn't stop when it gets "too" intense in the head ;)

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
When I'm super high, it's like my entire body is numbed (great vessel expansion :D) and I don't even feel my pulse, thoughts heavy occupied and falling in a traject of thoughts (non-visual, an increased motion of lucid imagination) occurs. But if I focus or check through an inward look it's like I suddenly feel what's going in my bloodstream and get a very deep sense for my pulse (racing heart for sure), respiration and the smallest vessels within. The high is what you make of it, there's no doubt that a constant focus may cause discomfort, especially because common unconscious performed acts of the body, which usually pass without too much notice when sober, are sensed extensively with time dilation. An orgasm can get absolutely great because of this.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
oh, another case of too stupid to figure out?? just kidding mate, no offense, please don't stone me to death!!! :mrgreen:

[youtube]YdvYXIwa0Ow[/youtube]

[youtube]nu99GRUUN6Y[/youtube]

[youtube]9JIyyva4CcQ[/youtube]

i think i recognize what you felt, and what i also have felt with cannabis is that awareness can make shifts or somethin like that, bodily awareness can become a fucked up perception. i wonder however whether fucked up perceptions can become bodily awareness if that makes ANY sense. but what i DID notice was that breathing and breathing patterns altered the level of body-and-mind awareness and allowed a subtler and smoother subconscious communication with the awareness if that makes sense.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
I've noticed the same, to be honest. It increases when you close your eyes and just lay there. It's kinda like your whole body and mind are rotating in a circle over and over again. As for the vibration thing, I think since you're at an elevated and altered state of mind, it's quite possible you're either hallucinating, or you can actually hear the frequency of THC within your brain; or just the natural frequency of your brain. In all essence, it's a feeling that isn't easy to forget. It's wonderful for deep meditation. Only problem is if you focus on it, your heart beat and whatnot, you can drive yourself into a panic. Panicking while high is horrible. It runs any possible meditation.

You have to keep in mind, THC gives you a large shot of Dopamine.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
damn i somehow marked as read the first new post mail i got without opening the topic so i did not get any follow ups... i thought the topic had zero responses!

@synith
i don't think it can be hallucinations since my hand actually feels numb and it even hurts a bit. plus, Mesca's friend challenging the candle flame. the phrase "frequency of THC" makes me think in what i do to bring forth the feeling which is concentrating in the "highness" which makes me feel a little bit higher, and then concentrating on that and snowballing it from there. the panic comes from it becoming a too big, self-reinforcing thought process. the only option is to release focus to ease the mind but this stops the feeling itself...

@braineater
lol a the last video with the guy burning the paper... why does he continue to hold his hand there if the paper is already lit? you would think that after a bit of fire had appeared he would (naturally) just let the thing consume itself... also, there's a cut in the scene! i think that those old dudes can flip over their students because they have a really big, unconscious desire to please their master. it is an amazing feat of suggestibility and persuasion, not chi manipulation. it's probably one of those things that only work in 20% of all people, following the Pareto principle. also, about those breathing patterns: what did you do? big, deep mouth inhalations?

@brugs
we should all try to focus chi in our dicks and cum without touch. now THAT would be psychonautic sex.

@psychoid
i'll try but it's not easy!

@Mesca
i guess i have to try putting a flame in my hand next time.... yeah, electrical shocks is the appropriate term.

i totally know what you're talking about when you say you watch yourself think... it's really memorable the first times that happens. i don't get it as much now unless i'm really high but i think we are always able to do such abstraction because that duality is always there. there's always the creative, non-stopping mental flow and then the awareness of it. (i could really elaborate in this duality thing but i i'd digress..) i think what happens when we are high is that the communication gets delayed so it's much more obvious that this is actually going on.

@nanacapilli
wicked indeed.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
@????????: Well, yeah. The feeling in your hand can't be a hallucination. Maybe it's the way your body is positioned and the blood could not be going to that part of your arm?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
nuh-uh i was sitting on the floor cross legged, arms relaxed

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
The only conclusion I can think of is-- you were stoned, mate.

Maybe walk around a little, stretch out your arms and such. It may help. (: Or fall asleep.

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
yeah man but this is not a problem! it only happens when i try to do it and it requires conscious effort..

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Haha. Well, sit back and enjoy it then!

:weedman: