Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

TechnoCalyps | The Technological Singularity

timetraveler2012

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Mar 2008

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thanks for shareing now i know what i`m going to avoid like the pest .

timetraveler2012

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Mar 2008
GOD a dit:
Thanks for shareing now i know what i`m going to avoid like the pest .
Dear God, why should information about psychedelics, technology, artificial intelligence, spirituality and human existence be avoided?
Are your beliefs incompatible?

Here's a video for those with short attention spans (only 5 min!)... that gives some statistics about the current cultural and technological acceleration:
Did You Know 3.0

Maybe most people fear change... fear the future... fear technology. Maybe this kind of info could be depressing/threatening to someone who is already comfortable with his/hers belief system. I would recommend not letting yourself become nostalgic for outdated belief systems.

I guess i've always been more comfortable asking questions/provoking discussions... rather than knowing answers. Psychedelics have always helped me to integrate knowledge of the past and future so I can enjoy the present. For me, technology is just an extension of that process.... and like Terrence McKenna once said, "Computers are just psychedelic drugs too big to swallow... but some of the best minds are working on that."

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I`m into information but against unformation and hokus pokus sold as fact . When i see confused crap about "Preparing for the Singularity " i get concerned that some people might be fooled by it and want to show them that there is sanity in the world , offer a chance that they see there are other opinions . That sharlatanery is sharlatanery and that they shouldnt believe everything that they see and hear . If people spread and believe in shit like that we will soon have a world full of false profets spreading backward dark ages pseudo knowledge for money and power again . We dont want to go back to more divide and rule , more burning witches and sensible people because evil bastards fear that people wont believe their fantasys do we .

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
timetraveler2012 a dit:
Short clip from the documentry featuring Terence McKenna:
Hahaha, nice one! I hadn't seen that one before.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
timetraveler2012 a dit:
gives some statistics about the current cultural and technological acceleration:
Did You Know 3.0

Ah I saw this one before, fun facts.
Maybe I'll watch TechoCalyps, but I don't usually take prophesizing documentaries for a fact.

timetraveler2012

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Mar 2008
GOD a dit:
I`m into information but against unformation and hokus pokus sold as fact .
When i see confused crap about "Preparing for the Singularity " i get concerned that some people might be fooled by it and want to show them that there is sanity in the world , offer a chance that they see there are other opinions .
That sharlatanery is sharlatanery and that they shouldnt believe everything that they see and hear .
If people spread and believe in shit like that we will soon have a world full of false profets spreading backward dark ages pseudo knowledge for money and power again .
We dont want to go back to more divide and rule , more burning witches and sensible people because evil bastards fear that people wont believe their fantasys do we .

For sure our thoughts are more parallel than you may think. I think the titles may have given you the wrong impression.
This video seems to have many more positive/constructive views of the future than negative ones.
Maybe the poorly chosen title of the video, which invokes some kind of Apocalypse, was unfortunate.
I would have titled this documentary Technology, Psychedelics and Human Evolution.

Sounds like you correctly assume that the majority of people are ignorant followers... believing anything they're told. I would give the visitors of this website a little more credit... hoping they can read/watch/hear others opinions and makeup their own mind. If not... maybe they are using the wrong substances? :P

If anything, the technological singularly sounds more like an end of fear based control systems like religion and politics. Old systems based on deception can not function with instant global communication. Information technology, so far, has been the most uniting force the planet has ever seen. The reason all the old control systems are collapsing now is because of what we are doing now.... talking about it. No one needs preaching about technology... you're using the internet now, everyday. A choice to seek out information and make your own opinion.

After re watching all the videos again... i believe that what is meant by the title "preparing for the singularity' is that the use of psychedelic drugs and psychedelic experience can help to prepare for a future in which technology changes so quickly that it becomes completely unpredictable.

The new Zeitgeist video also explores this concept of cultural and technological acceleration:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3163636261

Watch it and try to find something that you disagree? That way you'll be sure you are paying attention.

timetraveler2012

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Mar 2008
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
timetraveler2012 a dit:
gives some statistics about the current cultural and technological acceleration:
Did You Know 3.0

Ah I saw this one before, fun facts.
Maybe I'll watch TechoCalyps, but I don't usually take prophesizing documentaries for a fact.

The video is much more philosophizing than prophesizing.