Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Tea Recipe

paint

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
3 Oct 2008
Hey all, just wanted to share a great recipe for mushroom tea that I tried with my brother yesterday. We used about 5.5g dried which we chopped up and put in a french press (you know, the coffee pot with the metal screen filter plunger?) With it we added a decent amount of fresh ginger skinned and chopped, and a little bit of yerba mate. We poured on the boiling water, and steeped, stirred, and squeezed the mixture for something like 20 minutes. The result was fantastic. We are both fairly sensitive to mushrooms, so this was a decent amount for us, but we poured it into a jug and took it on a hike in the snowy mountains. I ate one mushroom at the onset of the hike (about .5g) mostly because I like the taste, and we took gulps of the tea as we walked for the first hour or so. We avoided nausea almost completely (although I'm beginning to suspect that nausea is usually mental/emotional and less physiological), and the mixture tasted fantastic.

Has anyone else tried this combo? It seems to be near perfect: the ginger calms the stomach and has a taste that compliments the mushrooms, and the yerba mate gave a bit of caffeine to enhance the effects and give us an energy boost to hike and resist the sleepy effects of the fungi. I'd love to hear other simple mixtures as well!

mrvn

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
Hmmmm, that sounds like a nice cup of tea. I never tried adding something to my mushroom tea but I'm gonna try this one when all this nice snow has melted. By that time the temp will be just right to start growing my own mushrooms again, can't wait! But I'm gonna enjoy all this snow and ice for now:D

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I never tried adding ginger (however I never got sick from mushrooms, not even from 8g dried - I think I have a very forgiving stomach)

I usually consume some caffeine before I take mushrooms (usually green tea) so I will be more awake and fit throughout the trip. However I am a little caffeine addict - when I don't have any caffeine until 2 p.m. or so, then I start getting headaches... so I consume caffeine every day and it's really nothing special that I drink a cup of green tea before taking mushrooms.

I tried a little ephedrine with mushrooms once and it was totally great, although really exhausting. Then another time I took some more ephedrine and it was too much together with the shrooms (can't say exactly if it was physical or psychological, but it felt like it was too much and too fast on all levels of consciousness)

J

joetraff

Invité
I am gonna test it.Thanks for sharing a great tea recipe. :drinkers:

landisrebel

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Avr 2010
I made mushroom tea once. i was on a epill at the time and omg let me warn u never drink mushroom tea and pop a epill at the same time :shock: all i can remeber is i was watching tv and since i was on the epill i almost completly forgot i drunk some mushroom tea :butthead: then all of a sudden out of nowhere my trip hit me like starwars lol since the epill was in my body i think it did a lil on effects. my vision already grows sharp on shrooms but omg the epill made it 10* more sharper.I keep seeing electrical circuits falling like rain in diffrent colors right in front of my eyes. Anyways just let me tell u somewere in the middle of the trip something went wrong. to make a long story short i ended up crying :cry: in the garage looking at a old pic of my great grandma pics for about 4hrs lol yea man it was a pretty fucked up situation :rolleyes: but i took it like a g :rock:

madprossor

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Mai 2009
ginger and honey are my two favorite mushroom tea ingredients. boil water containing a good amount of sliced ginger then steep mushroom powder in the still-hot water for at least 10 minutes. filter the powder out and add honey to taste. many people complimented this tea as being quite delicious.

Jiellen29

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Oct 2010
Don't steep "strong" tea for extra time, as this will make the tea bitter. Instead, use twice the quantity of tea as usual, and steep for the maximum amount of time appropriate for the type of tea, generally 5 minutes for black teas, 7 minutes for oolongs, 3 minutes for greens, and 12 minutes for white teas.
Experiment with different varieties of tea, such as morning blends, jasmines, or your own favourite, for an unusual taste! I like preparing Basmati rice with jasmine or Formosa oolong tea, brown rice with a strong breakfast-type tea, and miso soup with green tea -- especially genmaicha, which has a nice toasty flavour thanks to the roasted rice in this type of tea.
how to treat depression
Good day to all!!!

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i like genmaicha as well. the rice in it does add a very nice flavor.

thanks for the recipe paint, sounds good!

i usually prefer to brew a non-caffienated or lighter tea, like a white tea when making a mush tea, because i like to steep my mushrooms forever to make sure i get all the psilo, and i am generally very sensitive to caffiene(too much into a trip causes my heart to beat waaay to fast to be comfortable...). although i generally end up eating the mushroom slush anyways because i figure it can't hurt and i like the take of those guys.

sandraa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Oct 2010
I love mushroom tea recipe with honey, it flavors the tea and gives pleasant sweet to taste. The tea recipe is my all time favorite whenever I go for long travel, I use to carry the tea with me. In the boiling water add a sufficient amount of ginger and add enough level of mushroom,it is to be squeezed and stirred well in order to get the good tea recipe. After few minutes the tea is added with the honey. It gives a great taste when you have it during the summer season. It gives freshness to your health and makes you feel confident in work. I suggest the tea recipe to have it during the office hours because it makes freshness and boost your energy to do better in your work.