Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Survival of the Kindest

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/12/091208155309.htm

Researchers at the University of California, Berkeley, are challenging long-held beliefs that human beings are wired to be selfish. In a wide range of studies, social scientists are amassing a growing body of evidence to show we are evolving to become more compassionate and collaborative in our quest to survive and thrive.

Since this is something we here frequently talk about, figured it was relevant enough to share :)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Nice!

I think survival of the kindest only works in the society we are in right now. If post-apocalypse or whatever would happen, I think our instincts and whatnot would come out quite a bit more.

But I would say yes, we are learning to be kind from birth now - 'share' etc, rather than in the early 1900's when people didn't give a crap, they just told you to play nice.

Sharing is caring and caring is FUN!

but good article

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
I think this article is kind of stupid "In contrast to "every man for himself" interpretations of Charles Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection". There is really nothing contradicting to Charles Darwin's theory.

But OT: yes I have felt this before and it's nice to see it in an article. The 'divine union' lies ahead :D

VapourTrail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Sept 2007
figment a dit:
I think this article is kind of stupid "In contrast to "every man for himself" interpretations of Charles Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection". There is really nothing contradicting to Charles Darwin's theory.

But OT: yes I have felt this before and it's nice to see it in an article. The 'divine union' lies ahead :D

I agree.

Look at hippos that let birds clean them, or even better (since hippos don't tend to eat meat) look at the carnivorous fish that will avoid eating smaller fish that they know will groom them.

This is not opposed to Darwin, it is exactly what he said. Someone wasn't paying attention.

There are advantages to gain by currying favour.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
i think its called symbiosis when 2 lifeforms benefit from each other
and in the bible, they could only build the tower of babel (which could reach to the heavens supposedly) when all the people were working as one
like ants :D

VapourTrail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Sept 2007
Illegalsmile a dit:
and in the bible, they could only build the tower of babel (which could reach to the heavens supposedly) when all the people were working as one
like ants :D

So God punished them by creating racism and turning them to salt (or is that a different part of the bible) so that never again would humans be able to get along well enough to build something so tall that it us an affront to heaven.

The bible is not survival of the kindest.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Illegalsmile a dit:

to be exact, it's called reciprocal altruism. it's a very common thing in nature, tit for tat. if you are nice to other people (=help them) it's not unlikely that they will be nice as well and help you. big news ;)
of course, doesn't have to be the case, but it's working quite nicely as a rule of thumb.