Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Suicide

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What do you think ? Should it be illegal ? What about free will ? What about mercy killings ? What about people in pain and people on life suport machimes who want to die ? Would you help someone like that to die in dignity ? Have you ever had REAL pain ? What did you think ? What did you want ? What do you want ?

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
That suicide is illegal--as it is here, in this very orthodox zone--burns my blood to volcano. Nonsense!

It's a personal decision, made on every breath, to choose to face the universe or to cease. You can talk someone out of it, maybe, if they change their mind, otherwise is futile.

Given the conditions I would help someone die, someone unable to do so himself. I would try nonetheless, to have the person do as much of the job as she possibly can. A thing that with a little money, can always be reduced to a button.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I believe everyone can be cured. Psychological disorders should never end in suicide, that is complete bullshit. We have the technology and the intelligence to help any psychological disorder back to "normalcy".

Vlad for instance, he will be fine. Schizophrenia itself can be cured in my beliefe, however not after many years of untreatment. I.E. anyone who wants to kill themselves has something wrong with brain chemistry that can be fixed.

Physical chronic pain is a bit far in the future to be cured completely. We need more technology and more understanding of nerves, and neurology. It should be legalized.

I strongly, strongly, strongly empathize all those who commit, I've been there, and I'm still here - this means they felt it even worse. I can't imagine.

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
This post has been edited by me, Jamapricotica, for the simple reason that I am attempting to cleanup and/or improve my presence on this forum.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Sebastian

Inscrit
29 Mai 2008
Illegal ? :mrgreen: Which sentence would you give to someone dead ?

I think we should make euthanasia legal (ask someone to kill myself if I can't because of a illness), with fast but serious controls (we take about the someone's life !)

I already tried to kill myself, some years ago. When I think back about it I regret it, I would missed a lot of great moments, a lot of people, a lot of experience ... I was sad and alone. What did I want at this moment ? Nothing. I thought nothing could make me happy again (wrong thing, I know it now).

The most interresting thing is that I tried to kill myself not during the sadest period in my life, three years ago, the mother of my son cheated on me only 2 months after birth my son and sent me back on my home, 1000km far away. But I didn't thought about suicide and I probably won't think about it again, it would be leaving my son, and I'll never do that ! I swear...

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I always thought it was pretty hilarious when in old times suicide was illegal - and unsuccsessful suicides were hanged. That was a typically christian response, I think. Not logical, but deadly, just like what the christian church always was... ;)

I read about some asian manager today who committed suicide because he was accused of fraud. I thought it'd be nice if some European and American managers had the same high ethic standards and killed themselves for their wrongdoings. However J. Ackermann of the Deutsche Bank AG and other criminals don't seem to think about suicide, these boldfaced bastards don't even run away, they just smile that "fuck yourself bastards"-smile into the cameras and then hide away with their billions of Euros they have in their Luxemburg accounts.
I'd say suicide would suit them better, morally. They could learn from their asian colleagues!

If I was in real pain, I'd want to be able to say I want to die. The whole concept of "I cannot say when I want to die" is purely christian belief. I say there is no fucking god, so who is going to tell me if I want to die or not?
This is one of the personal choices I'd like to evaluate myself. Just like what substances I want to ingest while I'm alive.
Any state or entity that pretends to care that much about me that it doesn't allow me to kill myself, has to care for me when I don't work at all. All I want is 3000 Euro netto per month and I don't kill myself, promised! I don't get that money? Well then you couldn't care less about me, and you better stay the fuck away from my life! (P.S. I wouldn't kill myself anyways, I just wanted to prove my point)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
^ Good post .

I think most of the peoplke who are against individuals being allowed to kill themselves are crazy christians . Those people have obviously never been in the position of watching a loved one dieing while sufering intolerable , untreatable pain or dieing because their lungs stop working and then the patient dies of VERY slow drowning .

If one of the perverts that want people to die in pain would come to me i would change their minds in less than 4 hours and have them begging for someone to kill them......

Hopefully maleus or ijesus or one of the other site arseholes / trolls voluntere .

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
Suicide being illegal is retarded. If they succeed, how would a court convict them? If they fail, putting them in jail isnt going to help them.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Man has gotten it's delusion with it's arrival on earth, failure in moulding a frame gives birth to a frank open mind, taking responsibility for erasure of it's posture without an identifiable soul. We should accompany him philanthropic.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
GOD a dit:
I think most of the peoplke who are against individuals being allowed to kill themselves are crazy christians . Those people have obviously never been in the position of watching a loved one dieing while sufering intolerable , untreatable pain or dieing because their lungs stop working and then the patient dies of VERY slow drowning .
Yes but I think that the point seen from society ("the christians") is not worthless either. As a family the society tries to support, help, be compassionate with its fellows. Helping means helping to be happy. And of course, the point of help resp. happiness has to be standardized, meaning that some things are normal and others abnormal. Giving ones live a free death is abnormal according to standardized values (if you are in the mood of bashing now, re-read what I wrote).

But our value system changed enormously in the past 100 years. Nowadays, everyone is alone and has to chose his own values. That has positive and negative points. In the past, the moral responsibility of a human individual was to help his fellows (the principle of compassion), humans had to do good. They belonged to society - which is only nowadays given a negative taste. Nowadays, everything changed, and we all need to accept that a human life belongs to the individual, hence suicide is not morally inacceptable.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
HeartCore a dit:
Should it be illegal

That actually made me laugh...

What would be the maximum sentence you could get from killing yourself?

The chair.

But seriously, it is f'd up that suicide is in so many lawbooks around the world.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
GOD a dit:
Hopefully maleus or ijesus or one of the other site arseholes / trolls voluntere .
Who's maleus?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
some years ago i was actually considering it seriously. the scary thing is i was being very pragmatic about it, i wouldn't just half try and end up in some hospital like a complete fool. i coldly calculated my possibilities and wondered what was the most down to earth alternative available for me, effective and easy. i thought all this while totally sober. i even explored my house for suitable plastic bags. i think it is a very healthy thing to do, to seriously consider killing yourself, you learn a lot about yourself. i actually had this plastic bag in my hands one day and i learned a lot by it. i realized it is an extremely extremely difficult thing to do. i have a newfound respect for people that have actually done it and compassion for those who tried. i also found out that the biggest anchorage i have in this life is my mom. i'd fantasize about blowing my brains in my room and leaving a note that said "pardon the mess" but i couldn't bear to think that she would be the one who found it.

i still think about it sometimes. i welcome death. i don't know how to explain it well but there's something i like about someone who is comfortable with the thought of ceasing to exist. one that doesn't take oneself that seriously. i think it requires a healthy dose of cynicism. but, though it is a very difficult thing to actually execute, it is after all the easy way out.

if there were no rewards to reap
no loving embrace to see me through
this tedious path i've chosen here
i certainly would've walked away
by now

but i still may

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
but i still may.

The thing I found most... ... scary... is the way one would kill themselves. A shot to the brain will not end your life instantly, it will infact be the most intense thing you could ever experience, and really is that what you want to see at the end?

Pills - the worst thing would be, 45 minutes into it, and you want to back out. That is death feeling, do you really want to see that at the end?

Suffocation - ?

I really don't want to think about this right now. Not after my recent salvia trip. Gross. I'll say this and I hope you all read this:
To die in a natural way will be the most rewarding.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
To die in a natural way will be the most rewarding.

What is a natural way?

- in your sleep?
- cancer?
- tree falling on your head
- etc...

I think the most rewarding will be not to die at all because Isn't that where evolution seems to want to go ;)

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
HeartCore a dit:
I think the most rewarding will be not to die at all because Isn't that where evolution seems to want to go ;)
No, evolution seems to be content with death and procreation. We may aspire for health (physically and mentally) but not individual immortality.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
Evolution has no purpose, only consequence. :wink: