Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Street art, graffiti, vandalism

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
What is your opinion?

I've been attempting to see how much straight vandalism hurts a revolution. I.E. what would happen if someone completely vandalized a banking building?

The scenario: 20 people gather a hundred gallons of paint and in some manner, completely deface a banking institution. To me, it sounds fun - exhilirating, but the bottom line is - does this kind of shit do anything? Does anyone 'wake up' that isn't already able to see? I don't think so.

So how do we go about (non-violently) changing the paradigm, informing the perspective, promoting transparency?

To me occupy wallstreet was destined to fail once people just started hanging out and drinking hot cocoa in government lawns. The initial idea was great. Massive attention - headline news. But they didn't ask for anything, the concept was just too big to pack into a protester's sign.

I've thought about making stencils, somehow promoting some cause - not ALL causes at once, so it is simple and to the point. But it has to be worded so perfectly to let people in, but to condemn the bad nature we are succumbing to.

How the hell do we do this. Let me give you some pictures and videos, and tell me what you think is not helping, and what helps.

[youtube]lVtCtJ0-310[/youtube]

This guy puts these on billboards:
fat-ronald_27tgbdkhd.jpg

to_serve_man.jpg

street-art-by-leba-recession-101.jpg

0ghenty.jpg

Picture-190-thumb.jpg

Graffiti is graffiti - I won't discuss that.

But beyond that - does this shit DO anything for the mass population? Does this change perspectives? Of course, if a 60 yr old war vet, or a WWF fan sees that last one they aren't going to drop to their knees and cry and realize how fucked up everything is, no, but do these displays do more harm than good?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
To me occupy wallstreet was destined to fail once people just started hanging out and drinking hot cocoa in government lawns. The initial idea was great. Massive attention - headline news. But they didn't ask for anything, the concept was just too big to pack into a protester's sign.

I like his point about the critique of not asking for anything/of the concept being too big:
[youtube]BRtc-k6dhgs[/youtube]

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
what I like about graffiti is that it reminds me that I am not the only one who feels indignated about the state of the world:
0qOUy.jpg

(near where I live)

not that I ever sincerely thought that I am alone in that, but being reminded that I am not still feels good.

no idea how it affects other people though..

gandhi

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Oct 2011
love the Katsu and moral fire extinguisher video....

zgoat69

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Sept 2012
Imho, graffiti takes a good point and makes it oblivious to the majority of the population that sees graffiti as a menace. It shows people the "kind of people" that believe a certain way, and mold those peoples beliefs in the opposite direction.