Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Stop Extradition for Marc Emery!

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
No Extradition for Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey, or Greg Williams!
by Jodie Emery. Posted on Monday, February 9 2009 12:00:00 AM

Three Canadians face extradition to the United States and life in US prison - but they've never been there!

Michelle Rainey, Marc Emery, and Greg WilliamsMichelle Rainey, Marc Emery, and Greg Williams

The extradition hearing is scheduled for June 1-5th, 2009 with an appearance February 9-13th for applications. Canadians Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams, collectively known as the BC3, are fighting extradition to the USA and possible life imprisonment. In March 2008, the Canadian Government decided to turn down a plea deal the USA and Marc Emery had arranged, which means the extradition process resumes. See the No Extradition forum in the CC Forums for more information and discussion.

Who are "the BC3"?

Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey, and Greg Williams are Canadian citizens who were heavily involved in Canadian and American anti-prohibition activism for over ten years, though they remained in Canada at all times. The US Justice Department wants to have the BC3 extradited to the USA to be charged with conspiracy to produce marijuana, conspiracy to traffic marijuana, and conspiracy to launder the proceeds of crime. However, "Marc Emery Direct Seeds" was a marijuana seed business; the BC3 never sold any marijuana. The DEA even went undercover and tried to buy ten pounds from Marc Emery, but he gave them a lecture about how he sold seeds -- not pot -- and told the female undercover agent she was "stupid to ask me to sell marijuana, because I've never done it before, and I assume I'm always monitored by law enforcement"!

Marc Emery sold marijuana seeds in a store in downtown Vancouver BC and through the mail for over ten years. Numerous other seed selling businesses do the very same every day. Marc had no business outlets in the USA, and never went to the USA to conduct seed transactions. Everything was done openly and transparently; Marc is a media magnet and explained how he did it all. He spent the proceeds from all sales on ending the drug war: he financed numerous ballot initiatives, election campaigns, court challenges, medical user legal fees, conferences, events, and more in Canada, the USA, and all over the world. That's what his mission was, and he even ran in elections five times as a seed seller, gaining many votes and endless media coverage.

Because Marc Emery was so successful in fighting against the US-led War on Drugs, the powers in America decided to shut him up. The United States Justice Department and DEA had Canadian police help execute a raid and arrests for extradition of three political activists -- Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey, and Greg Williams -- to face 10 years up to life in US prison.

Please phone (613) 957-4222 and leave a message saying:

"It would be cruel and unjust for the Justice Minister of Canada to extradite Canadians Marc Emery, Michelle Rainey and Greg Williams to the United States. They currently face ten years to life in US prison for activities done in Canada. If Canadians have broken the law in Canada, they should be given a fair jury trial in Canada. If they don't face life imprisonment in Canada for the same charges laid, they should not be extradited to another country to face possible life imprisonment there."

More links

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forum ... er=1377422

http://www.petitiononline.com/Emery/petition.htm

http://dailysmoker.nl/420%20Lounge/108/ ... upport.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Emery

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I thought after reading the title of this thread that he was saved from extradition. :oops:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Marc Emery has done very very much to help the grow scene across the world . He was always a source of good seeds that , sorry , hadnt been tainted by the tomato grow scene in Holland and the american invasion of Amsterdam . He had lots of unique seeds , pure strains and plants that one could harvest from the start of september untill december .

bransondude

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Fev 2009
Seems kinda sketchy, there's no real case here. Unless there are factors we don't know about I don't see why the USA is trying to bring him in. Surely they realize there is no case in this, seeds are technically legal which is why they are shipped all over the US regularly. Why go to the trouble of requesting extradition over something like this?

My guess is that it's a political move to discredit him, label him as a "stoner" or other such.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
He is one of the biggest supporters of legalization of cannabis and donates large sums of money to campaign this both in canada and the us. They don't like that.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Exactly.

The Canadian government has been inching along the demonization trail, trying to emulate the US in their efforts to outlaw weed completely.

I've been knowing about Marc Emory for a long time now, we used to buy Cannabis Culture magazine back in the 90's for the seed catalog he used to carry within the magazine.

Hopefully they don't extradite him for trial.....or he beats it.

Good luck, Marc and friends.