Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Statement: One cannot know for real he's unafraid of death

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
...untill he's been existence itself on Sally. In comparison with other entheogens. Discuss.

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Well, I think this is not true, because it doesn't matter which substance shows "death" but more that you have encountered it.
Being all of existence or not.

I think the phrase:"One cannot know for real if he is unafraid of death when he really looks into the eyes of real death" is of more relevance.

And even that is debatable, because a lot of entheogens show a form of death, losing "yourself"
So in that sense, death is more about losing yourself als "a person" or ego, then about physically dying.

So I guess.... not true :D

Well..... just my 2 cents

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I don't think Salvia would be a suitable touchstone, because unrelated to any thoughts or visions of death, it tends to produce a confusing and fearful state of mind, and generally (because of either the effects or the duration of them) no death & rebirth experiences. One may instead experience existence as a sinister treadmill or a meaningless trap.

Regarding death, I think it's natural to fear it, and one can never eliminate that fear completely. Not just death, but also old age, debilitating diseases, fractured bones, suffocation, being born again, all these things are and will always be quite uncomfortable, no matter how enlightened one may be.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I hardly believe people who say that they are unafraid of death.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Brugmansia a dit:
...untill he's been existence itself on Sally. In comparison with other entheogens. Discuss.

For me it was a psilocybin trip that took care of that fear through what I can only describe as a mystical experience, different from all other trips I've had in years past. There was no further to go from there as in that every worry no matter what, seemed utterly preposterous there.

I've often thought that the reason of the peculiarities related to the content of Sally experiences, are partly due to her unnatural or specific way of propagating. She does rarely produce seed and if she does, most seeds are not viable. If entheogens have character(istics), couldn't it be that Sally's characteristics are shaped by the apparent uselessness of the plants propagation apparatus since it never really dies, just breaks off, shoots root and travels the earth and is not part of the life/birth cycle most of the other lifeforms on the planet, are involved in? And somehow this state of being, is projected in the content of the trip?

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
Salvia's intense, yes-- but I've had those same thoughts on an incredibly high dosage of Hash-- or while on dmt, or shrooms.

Every psychedelic opens up so many doors to questions about underlying fears. The trick is to try and comprehend them into an answer when you're sober.

dave

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Sept 2009
errrmmmm....death I'm unafraid of, no problem.....however, the transitional process is a scary prospect. If it involves a lot of pain, or/and lasts a while, then there will be a certain amount of trepidation, but only of the pain / period of time therein, rather than what comes next...although, having said that, my personal experience has more than answered my question of why / what's it all about. I fear nothing, but I don't particularly enjoy pain :wink:
Sorry, back to original point - Salvia -certainly one of the most powerful working psychedelics I've ever experienced, without a doubt - but I think it is down to the individuals experience, regardless of the key used...

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
The only 'death' experience I've really had from entheogens was when I was a relative newb to cannabis and smoked like I'm guessing almost half a gram of potent bud on hot knives in the span of a couple minutes.

During the intense hallucinogenic experience that followed, I was totally convinced I was dying, my vision slowly faded (went black), I fell down, I said my goodbyes... and as I passed out I finally came to accept my death, I relaxed... only to reawaken moments later to the sound of crickets.

Might sound like a bad night, but the experience of accepting death on some level, and then embracing life, it really changed my outlook on things from that day on. The nihilistic part of my psyche pretty much vaporized after that experience.. or at least got put into a long sleep.

Never really had an experience like that on salvia. I experienced feelings of transformation, or communication with perceived external entities, but it was never about mortality for me (at least not overtly enough for me to grasp it).