Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

SSRI's + DMT = orally active?

merretstone

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Oct 2006
I was interested in knowing if anyone has paired a normal dose of any popular ayahuasca DMT plant with an SSRI orally. In thinking of how SSRI's and MAOI's act in each others' prescence (too much serotonin by inhibition of reabsorbtion and stimulation of production [serotonin syndrom]), I was wondering if SSRi's also have the capability of staving off the metabolization of DMT like MAOIs.

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
merretstone a dit:
I was interested in knowing if anyone has paired a normal dose of any popular ayahuasca DMT plant with an SSRI orally. In thinking of how SSRI's and MAOI's act in each others' prescence (too much serotonin by inhibition of reabsorbtion and stimulation of production [serotonin syndrom]), I was wondering if SSRi's also have the capability of staving off the metabolization of DMT like MAOIs.

Never tried. SSRI's are controversal at least and why would you want to replace an organic source of MAOI with a chemical? Something else to consider, I recently read (will check out the source and add it later), that a lot of ssri's, decrease your serotonin receptors over time whereas aya/dmt actually increases them.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
SSRI's won't work because you need MAO inhibition.
SSRI's are dangerous together with MAO inhibitors because you can get a serotonine shock, but taken alone, ssri's only work on your serotonine levels (they inhibit the re-uptake of serotonine to the nerve cells, nothing else).