Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

spores

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
im gonna spread my fav old mushies .WERAROA. johnny mushroom spore.ahaha
first gotta get some.
heaps of people wanna see em.

Is there any mushroom spore that is seriously hard to grow out of the wild?

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
As long as you do your research and don't displace native species. Cause that ain't right :wink:

peach

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Nov 2008
Things like Psil. Azur / Cyan really don't like being out of the wild.

Regular trippy field mushrooms, the tiny ones that can be size of blade of grass with the tits on their caps, don't like indoor growing either.

Neither do Amanitas, like agaric or pantherina.

There are numerous mushrooms that will refuse to live in sterilized media. They're relying on a biological symbiosis with bacteria, plant roots and other things.

The expensive black or white truffles you get in fancy restraunts for hundreds of dollars a meal are the same. They absolutely refuse to grow on anything sterilized. Or anything that's not a living tree root for that matter.

Gourmet truffles and Amanita's not only don't like sterilized things, I know for a fact that they both live by a symbiosis with tree roots. The plant sends out a chemical that calls the mycelium of a freshly germinated spore towards it. Then the myeclium punctures the root and sets up something that looks like a lung inside as many of the plants root cells as it can. The plant feeds the mycelium carbon based compounds (like sugars from photosynthesis) and the myeclium digests things out of the soil the plant can't get to and feeds them to it (because plants doesn't have the enzymes to break down the insoluble salts in the soil, where as a mycelium often has brutal digestive powers; biologist like using them because they're so good at digesting and manipulating things).

If you're having trouble with a strain that you think may be an outdoor grower, try using pasteurized organic matter as opposed to sterilized flour.

I've had black truffle oil and genuine, white, solid truffle. I decided to spend all my christmas money on one for my one person dinner and see if I could culture them whilst I was working in a grow kit / spore lab. The white ones taste waaaaaaaaaay nicer than the black ones; the black ones just taste like uber strong normal buttons. But the fake white truffle oil you can buy at the supermarket tastes remarkably similar. They taste a lot like normal button mushrooms (with a strong flavor) mixed with garlic; they smell a bit like acetylene if you've ever done any gas welding, that kind of sweet garlicy smell. You could almost certainly get close to the smell and taste by mixing some decent button mushrooms with some garlic. A white truffle costs about $140 for something smaller than a golfball, so the other options are obviously far cheaper and you can tune the taste balance to how you want it. The people who sell white truffles are seriously pretentious assholes. Also, the smell and taste of white truffles literally vanishes as soon as they get warmed up (which is why fancy restruants will slice or grate it over something as it's being passed to the servers). If you add any delicate aromatic before warming it up (like vanilla pod seeds), you'll usually wipe out a lot of the taste and smell.

The fake white truffle oil tastes great sprinkled all over some whole grain pasta minus any other sauce.

A huge quantity of plant life is 'infected' with mycorrhizal fungi on it's roots, something like 80 or 90%. Orchids can't grow without them there. If you sprinkle some mycorrhizal inoculatant pellets on the roots of virtually anything, it'll grow far faster and stronger. Biologists interested in mycology are trying to work out how the symbiosis between them works, because they are as or more effective than fertilizers and don't require chemical plants and don't present a risk to the environment via wash out from the soil to local streams (which creates mountains of algae in the water, which then kills the other life in the stream by depleting the oxygen content and optical transparency of the water).

The older I get and the more I learn, the more Simba's lesson on the circle of life means to me.

mushroom_john

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Juil 2010
Regular trippy field mushrooms, the tiny ones that can be size of blade of grass with the tits on their caps, don't like indoor growing either.

they require grass for the myc, it can be done, but not easily or by a newbie with a couple of PF cakes behind him.

Some of the phosphorescent species are very difficult to grow, but well worth the fight. Morels can be a bitch but worth it too.

As above, you're going to need a good knowhow on pasteurisation instead of sterilisation, and a lot of knowledge. And a lot of failures.