Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Spondylus

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
There are rumours about the Maya having used a certain type of shell for their psychoactive potential. Nowhere on the web can be found any information on this, however. The shell concerned here is the Spondylus, probably the S. pictorum, but there is no certainty, as hardly any investigation has been done.

The most reliable source for this unconfirmed intoxicant is the following book:
http://www.amazon.com/Maya-Divine-Kings ... 3829041500

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
izmar a dit:
There are rumours about the Maya having used a certain type of shell for their psychoactive potential. Nowhere on the web can be found any information on this, however. The shell concerned here is the Spondylus, probably the S. pictorum, but there is no certainty, as hardly any investigation has been done.

The most reliable source for this unconfirmed intoxicant is the following book:
http://www.amazon.com/Maya-Divine-Kings ... 3829041500

Is there any evidence? Anything about the effects? I mean, if its just a rumor from one book, it can hardly be considered news ;)

Then again, maybe this shell is what we've all been waiting for :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Mayan 1: Hey man, I'll bet if we smoke this, it'll get us real fucked up.

Mayan 2: I don't know man, that looks like a shell.

Mayan 1: Well..yah...it's a shell... but look how coooool it is. Let's smoke it.

Mayan2 : You've been licking those god damn toads again haven't you.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
This isn't what I would post to the frontpage, lol.

The only way to find out if it's true. Is to find a Spondylus Pictorum and lick it. Smoke it. Inject it. Talk to it.

It might work.

Power to the shells!

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I got some of these shells from a friend and I'll be selling them for $85.00 American plus $6.00 shipping. I had my first trip on spondylus yesterday and Oh my gawd it was incredible.

I'm just kidding. Turns out, it's just a spiny oyster and you can buy them here for $10.00. http://indopac.tripod.com/spondylus.htm

So there you go. Everyone rush to your check books so you can be the first to receive your very own spondylus shell. By the way, I read that you have to administer the shell rectally :shock:

Kidding again. I was actually told by a colleague that the Mayans would eat the creature that used to live in the shell for aphrodesiac effects. Much the same way that people today believe regular oysters get women in the sack. My friend may also be full of shit.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/piclib/www/imag ... rch=oyster

Says here that spondylus pictorum is only found 50 meters off shore in the mediteranean and red seas. So I doubt that the ancient Mayans ever saw one of these shells.
Maybe the Spanish brought them over....

Spaniard: So we're going to be taking all of your gold now but hey, don't be sad. We brought a bunch of these really cool shells for you guys.

Mayan: Ouch man! This thing is sharp. I think I'd rather keep our gold.

Spaniard: yes, well. We're going to be takinging the gold and by the way, we expect all of you to behave as Christians from now on since you're all a bunch of filthy savages.

Mayan: What's a christian?

Spaniard: Figure it out or we'll kill you. Have a shell.

G

Invité
I don't know, but this whole story makes me think, there's dmt and mushrooms... why the hell setle for a shell? :D LOL

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Brewmaster a dit:
http://piclib.nhm.ac.uk/piclib/www/image.php?img=90884&search=oyster

Says here that spondylus pictorum is only found 50 meters off shore in the mediteranean and red seas. So I doubt that the ancient Mayans ever saw one of these shells.
Maybe the Spanish brought them over....

Spaniard: So we're going to be taking all of your gold now but hey, don't be sad. We brought a bunch of these really cool shells for you guys.

Mayan: Ouch man! This thing is sharp. I think I'd rather keep our gold.

Spaniard: yes, well. We're going to be takinging the gold and by the way, we expect all of you to behave as Christians from now on since you're all a bunch of filthy savages.

Mayan: What's a christian?

Spaniard: Figure it out or we'll kill you. Have a shell.

Actually it was more like:

Spanish christian dog: Hi mr South American, I have this questionaire for you, lets see, *unfolds a piece of something resembling paper*.

Do you, or do you intend to, eat these specific mushrooms?

Indian: Well yes I do

Spanish christian dog kills indian