Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sorry

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
for ever believing expanding mind has something to do with getting more conscious about what's going on in the world....

pastyputridpulp

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Avr 2004
No offense but I think that this is a clearly subjective video which is too much simplistic & "cliche" and has nothing to do on a psychonaut forum
I won't give my own opinion about palestinian/israelian conflict because ; i haven't documented enough on the subject, my english is too limited & as i've said i don't think this is the right place. Anyway there is no need to be a genius to understand that this lasting conflict has complicated roots with international ramifications & interests besides both sides and is much more complicated than the idea of harmless children fighting against heavy armored tanks. So i don't think this video reveal the other side of the story or the so called hidden truth but I can agree on the fact that innocent people always pay the highest price and that's why war is so disgusting...

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
This year there will be a documentary about this subject in "Tegenlicht", a Dutch programme of NPS. It will be about the way things get into the media, and are picked up all over the world and brought to the people. Very interesting.

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
i would have to agree with pasty. There is alot of propaganda coming from both sides. I've heard palestinian reporters talk about how the funeral mobs and mourners wait for the camera crews to get there then they start the funeral. I've even heard of the palestinians faking funerals the report was that the body they were carrying fell off and got up and layed back down. That is not to say israel hasn't done some horrible things . Both sides are wrong. If the palestinians were in the same position as israel they would be doing the same or worse. I know its a horrible thing to say but i think we should let them continue until one side gets wiped out. They will never live peaceably there is just too much hate

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
With this subject I believe it's better to have no association with Psychonautic News in any context.

It's already traumatic and horrible enough and the more souls there are involved, the more difficult it all gets.

Though my inner feelings are closely tied with what happens there too, so maybe removing this thread to an appopriate place would be a solution.

JayBomb

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Sept 2006
I don't see a video link or anything so I must've missed something. However, I don't mind more and more knowledge, no matter the subject. That isn't exactly part of the Psychonautic subject, as it has little to do with YOUR OWN PERSON, but then again this forum is really a minor project of volunteer psychology and sociology in the definition of terms... right?

So there really isn't any contradiction in placement of such a topic. If you "haven't read up" on a subject, and the reason for such an excuse is that you've now chosen to respond to it... don't you think you should instead not feed into discussion with nothing in hand, and instead take your own notion into action and go "read up" on the subject???

Now that seems a bit contradictory, doesn't it?

ANYWAY, I mostly would like to hear if anyone knows the title of this documentary:

a British journalist planned on documenting both sides of the subject at hand, but was only able to complete the Palestinian view/effect because he was killed while doing the Israeli view/effect? I know the documentary exists, but I'd like to know the name of it and see it again.

The contents involve the showings of Israeli soldiers shooting at Palestinian children (at, not to strike, but still AT children).

I hope to see informative feedback.

G

Invité
This has nothing to do with reading up, but some people apparently don't think it's psychonautic news, so that's why I removed it...

But it's not like a whole documentry, just a short film with some interesting statements.

Here's the url:

JayBomb

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Sept 2006
Well one of my points was that Psychonautic news is almost a contradiction in terms, in that it's really dealing with a psychological perspective (observing others) and that because of this no such problem should exist with discussion of Israeli/Palestinian topics... but I suppose I was too liberal in my English.

Either way, I was hoping to milk the topic for my own purpose of find the title of before mentioned documentary. I've seen it, and it was very well done.

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
after thousands of years of killing each other nothing has changed besides the methods used to kill. if noone has noticed children are expendable in almost every counrty, whether openly like isreal\palestine, or mentally and emotionally like everywhere else on earth. the children sent to war with guns on their back are only different from american children in the fact that they know they're going to die. american children, if they live through school and urban life, grow to be dead eyed americans spawning even less educated more violent children. so in my opinion (probably not agreed with much) these children sent to war are being spared from a life of suffering, physical paint doesn't seem to hurt and twist the soul the way neglect and lack of love does. but as with all opinions my could be and probably is wrong, i just don't believe in peace until after death.

JayBomb

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Sept 2006
toadlicker a dit:
after thousands of years of killing each other nothing has changed besides the methods used to kill. if noone has noticed children are expendable in almost every counrty, whether openly like isreal\palestine, or mentally and emotionally like everywhere else on earth. the children sent to war with guns on their back are only different from american children in the fact that they know they're going to die. american children, if they live through school and urban life, grow to be dead eyed americans spawning even less educated more violent children. so in my opinion (probably not agreed with much) these children sent to war are being spared from a life of suffering, physical paint doesn't seem to hurt and twist the soul the way neglect and lack of love does. but as with all opinions my could be and probably is wrong, i just don't believe in peace until after death.

Now I tend to be a bit literal and metaphorical at the same time but I believe I both agree and disagree. While the broad range of reasons to kill have not changed, the reason for each event of killing is not necessarily the same; the saddest killings are done in the face of true desperation which I think the Palestinian children do face.

Everywhere else on earth is not exactly correct, as situations of strife are shared similarities with other such youth in areas, like Sudan for example. The real problem, of course, is that the country that we live (anyone with stars & stripes in their tag) in and should hope does well *as we are a part of it* is supporting the regimes of their *the children suffering* terror... the endless cycle. We should feel shame for our lack of true outrage as a populous.

Furthermore, these children are not always *sent* to war as you propose; they choose to go because of their own desperation, and their culture's desperation has no one with alternatives alive or around or any longer sane. The problems that you also state in contrast for "other countries" are powerfully existent in areas like Palestine; they are amplified to proportions you could barely imagine.

Finally, if there truly is death that would be peaceful then it would just be death. Your statement implies life = suffering, thusly any form of further living, "after-life", would be no different. death would be freedom and indeed it is in this case, sadly.

toadlicker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Fev 2006
to clarify, when i say life is suffering, i mean physical life, not life after death. if there is no physical suffering there can be no spiritual gain. my previous statement was more a broad generalization rather than strict factual evidence.