Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

So it finally made the British Press

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
Those of you in the UK who bought a copy of the Sun newspaper today would have seen on page 22 all the 'horror' stories about Salvia.

The mental health issues, psycotic episodes, and how it may have caused the suicide of a young man.

Again, as other news stories have done in the past, they get someone to try it. In what enviroment, who knows, but Salvia isnt something to be done with a reporter and a camera stuck in your face.

I quote: "It was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced. My body was completely over powered. I enjoy a drink and the odd cigarette but Salvia shouldnt be messed with"

At least he got something right!

And how did they come to find about Salvia and decide to write in the national gutter press about it?

You Tube, and the head line..

You Trip

So now its in the press, its just a matter of time before the Ban gets imposed.

Not sure if I can post links here, if its not allowed I'm sure someone will remove it...here. Read for yourself:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... uTube.html

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
TheBarn a dit:
"It was the most frightening thing I've ever experienced. My body was completely over powered. I enjoy a drink and the odd cigarette but Salvia shouldnt be messed with"

Who ever told them it was supposed to be fun or enjoyable!?
Bah.. you can't believe how mad I am right now... those ignorant ^&*(s. Who the hell do they think they are, messing around with substances like that and comparing it to cigarettes (or is he referring to a joint? That would still be a pretty distorted comparison though, imo)?!? They don't have a clue what they are dealing with, they're not even trying!
Besides, I don't even live in England, nor do I use Salvia (I never got beyond a mild stoned/dissociative feeling, maybe the time will come someday.. if it's not been made illegal by then!). But the stupidity of man is really getting on my nerves lately. Just because it is overwhelming and scared the shit out of the guy it is automatically bad?! I hope he got traumatized by the experience... ok I take that back.

baah,,, breathe in slowly, hold.. exhale.

*sigh* when will they learn..

dave

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Sept 2009
Hi, noob here, 1st post........

I used to grow my own Salvia about 10 years ago. I'd tried several other substances and was quite experienced with various psychedelics. I used to take Salvia straight from the plant, i.e. 1x, none of this 10 to the power of x strength. I found it to be by far and away the strongest, most powerful experience I'd ever had. This is most definitely a powerful working drug, not a party one. - For the Sun to even give it to some inexperienced clown who would dare compare it to 'having a fag and a pint' (shows how much respect he has for himself and his drugs) is almost sacrilegious...in fact if I believed these things were sacred, I'd say it was DEFINITELY sacrilegious :lol:.
By the same token, when I first saw it being hyped in headshops as a safe alternative to cannabis (?!!?) and a 'nice chilled smoke' I also started to get concerned. This is not for the inexperienced dabbler and may be just a little too easy to obtain.
It may well be a double edged sword. If the seeker has to work a little harder, then only those who are fairly well prepared for the potential experience will be able to get hold of it, rather than someone who's popped out for a loaf of bread, couple of pints of milk, a mars bar and, oh, a g of 64x Salvia please :wink:

Off to work now, have a nice day :twisted:

d

chizley

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Sept 2009
Ok, I've course Salvia isn't intended to be messed with! It's not a toy. Salvia is already banned here in Australia unfortunately but I can still feel the pain.

I came up with this:
"Giving saliva to an untrained mind is like giving a Jumbo Jet to a child - It's not meant to be toyed with."

Twilight

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
It's easy to blame the ignorant press and government for getting prohibitions like this through, but it was stupid to begin with to put people laughing their ass off on salvia on youtube. You're just asking for trouble when you do something like that.

I won't be surprised if it gets a ban in the Netherlands as well.
But it's still pretty underground here, I think.

dave

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Sept 2009
just read the article....well, that was a good and balanced view, as one can expect from "the Stun"......enjoyed this bit the most though:-

".....It was so frightening I began sweating....",

will have to keep that one in mind -
Bl**dy 'ell, bit of a frightening situation on the go here, better get a sweat on :lol: :lol: :lol:

....looks like it was probably the first time he'd worked a sweat up for a good few years, probably did him good :lol:

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
I won't be surprised if it gets a ban in the Netherlands as well.
But it's still pretty underground here, I think.

It wouldn't surprise me either.

dave a dit:
just read the article....well, that was a good and balanced view, as one can expect from "the Stun"......enjoyed this bit the most though:-

".....It was so frightening I began sweating....",

will have to keep that one in mind -
Bl**dy 'ell, bit of a frightening situation on the go here, better get a sweat on :lol: :lol: :lol:

....looks like it was probably the first time he'd worked a sweat up for a good few years, probably did him good :lol:

Hehehehe, yeah i also am getting sweaty and it's frightening me as hell. :twisted:

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
have now heard rumers that it is going to be looked at VERY closely or even banned in December 2009

anyone have any other news??

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Yes I have info. All the "legal highs" in UK are about to be made illegal including GBL, Mephedrone, as well as some others I can't think of.

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
how do you know this, is there a link to goverment site or news letter explaining?