Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sniffing aspirines?

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
A friend told me that he had sniffed an aspirine pill at a party.
Under the inffluence of the aspirine he saw christmass lights(those decorative lights you hang all around your house when it's christmas) morph into crazy words.
I wonder if it's true that you could sniff aspirine's and get this effect? btw i'm not intending using it, just wondering.

ps: he also said that you first have to dissolve the aspirine in water and then sift it through a coffee filter.

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
VerusDeus a dit:
A friend told me that he had sniffed an aspirine pill at a party.
Under the inffluence of the aspirine he saw christmass lights(those decorative lights you hang all around your house when it's christmas) morph into crazy words.
I wonder if it's true that you could sniff aspirine's and get this effect? btw i'm not intending using it, just wondering.

ps: he also said that you first have to dissolve the aspirine in water and then sift it through a coffee filter.

Wikipedia to the rescue:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin

No actual psychoactive chemicals in there. Severe side-effects only appear in an instance of overdose, so snort up at the risk of your personal well-being. Also, just because Adderal works crushed and snorted doesn't mean all other pills do.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I already thought it was bullshit, my friend probably meant some other sort of pill.
Or he's just foolin' me around :p
Anyway thanks for making this clear.

greg_vietnam

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
His friend might have been talking about an extraction of codeine from an acetaminophen (or paracetamol)/codein pill

No hallucinations with opiates, though...

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Perhaps, he's mistaken the apsirine for a DXM-containing medicin?

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
And we must never underestimate the power of placebo. If he really thought it would give him some kind of effects there is a good chance he experienced some. Even though the aspirin itself didn't have anything to do with them.

greg_vietnam

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
+ 1, Viaticus
Excellent point!

One's expectations about the effects of a substance really DO generate those effects. People generally misunderstand the nature of a placebo : it's not about "bunk" effects, it is about how the mind creates physical reactions...

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
yes the placebo effect may not be left out of the picture
but I presume this friend of yours also consumed alcohol ??
since he was at a party... this might also have contributed to the effect,
a bit of blurred vision thru alcohol can help trigger that placebo effect even more

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Yes my friend did consume alcohol so it could very well be a placebo-effect, but that friend is not a drug-user, he couldn't know what to expect...besides i think that someone else came with the idea, and he just did it without asking what will happen, that's his way of doing things:p

I do not underestimate the power of placebo,'i just don't think that was the case..

G

Invité
If you start sniffing asperines you've got some serious issues :mrgreen:

j-lazy

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
16 Déc 2005
i agree with space. leave the asperines alone fellow psychonaut's :lol:

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well if ur friend is not a drug user then its likely that he didnt know what he was snorting and that it was not aspirine
in my experience I had hallucination with speed and alcohol once
and this was with 2 much of both :p
well and no using aspirin never crossed my mind :)
and I dont think it ever will

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
but that friend is not a drug-user, he couldn't know what to expect...

I think sniffing a substance, no matter what it is, has some kind of "effect" on you. Even moreso when you're not used to drugs and don't know what to expect. Aspirine has some bitter/numbing taste, so in the nose I guess it feels quite weird and you can probably feel it permeate the nasal skin and go into the blood (I can feel that with almost everything I sniff).
As an example, if you're a smoker then don't smoke for one or two days and then sniff snuff tobacco - you can actually feel the nicotine wander into your brain :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
And for everybody I put fingers in hoeny and then in my ass, beautiful expiriance

If you do the same with chili powder instead of honey I think you will have a real nice "experience" :lol:

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
tryptonaut a dit:
And for everybody I put fingers in hoeny and then in my ass, beautiful expiriance

If you do the same with chili powder instead of honey I think you will have a real nice "experience" :lol:

alllright........ lets just stick to the subject shall we :shock: