Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Simple question

Kai

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
4 Juin 2009
why is everyone so damn IGNORANT!?!?
I try to find good in people... but I can't but want to fucking slap some people sometimes.
Any theories??

ochho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mar 2009
Kai a dit:
why is everyone so damn IGNORANT!?!?
I try to find good in people... but I can't but want to fucking slap some people sometimes.
Any theories??

Well, some people haven't had the chance to open the door, but they take others' word for what's behind that door, or maybe they're just too scared to open the door, or even don't care at all about opening it.

And this is why they will never really know what's behind that door.

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
Fear, sense of dependancy, indoctrination

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Magicmumu may have a point...

If your seeing ignorance in the majority:
1. You are hanging with the same group of people, the same 'scene' the same 'demographic'
2. There is something wrong with I. your definition II. your ego.

I think the saying "People are too afraid to open the door" has been used too much, lost its meaning, as well as becoming wrong. People just don't know there is a door there, or they associate the door with something completely different than what is actually behind that door.

It's not that they are ignorant, it's that they just never get the chance to know.

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
It's not that they are ignorant, it's that they just never get the chance to know.

Well, that's true if you interpret being ignorant the same as being stupid (or any other mental shortcoming preventing a person from 'knowing').
But in its true sense being ignorant is being in a state of 'not knowing', and being stupid or having never had the chance to 'know' both lead to ignorance.
It's important to differ between the two in this matter imho.

I can see a point though in Magicmumu's post and your reply. But it adresses a subtly different matter imo. It holds true as long as you look at Kai's subjective experience. What I'm trying to say is, Kai is evidently pretty annoyed by the ignorance of his surrounding. If he'd change his attituted and perspective towards/on his surrounding he might start 'experiencing' them as little babies helplessly trying to cope in a world they do not yet understand (metaphorically speaking ofcourse :p ) and thus will not feel annoyed by them. I assume you don't feel like hurting a baby 'cause it doesnt know how to wash the dishes :lol:.. or even knows anything like that even exists.
But this doesn't take away the fact that these helpless babies are ignorant.. beacause they are! So why haven't mom and dad come along and taught us? I think, probably because in this matter the baby will have to go to mom and dad and ask for an explanation.. It just doesn't work the other way around; the motivational factor is missing.

Hope any of this makes sense heheh^^

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i agree with what mescaline said. it's just a fact that so many people are so immature. most of em are still children, but technically adults. now in this adult world being a child, can lead to ignorance, cuz as a child you tend to ignore many things without knowing, and the same thing do the so called adults. they just ignore everything (or twist it around) that doesn't fit with their idea of reality. the basis of their idea of reality is that they live in an adult world, which is run by adults. so the most important thing for them is to be adults. it doesn't matter for them to "be themselves" or "respect other people" ... or bullshit like that... well sometimes it does, but hey i didn't say that there aren't "real" adults out there... ;)

anyways i think ignorance could indeed be countered with some sort of arrogance, in order to not let the ignorant behaviour influence you negatively. however i think an attitude of arrogance should be not necessarily negative towards the ignorant, but more like it could give you the power to look down on them and see them like little babies with rabies or somethin like that. if then they really act accordingly more and more, sometimes i think they WANT a slap in the face and then it would be ok, but well i am almost always against violence.... it's not a solution!!... but maybe an option.. ;)

peace

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
ignorance is bliss until you know better.

sunshroom

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
27 Juil 2008
Hmm... As an old saying says :p: It takes two to make ignorance. :roll:

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
They just don't detect their inner speaking micro sensations which come in conjunction with what falls into one's field of vision, which is directly stored in the memory as well. Perceiving reality sophisticated through a temporarily shut down of one's identity, gives access to the small gates which hold an integral vision of transparency over one's self seen reality, including one's own actions and pursuits. That's what wakes us up, subjectively.

Susceptibility and holding an aim plays a significant role in becoming an intellectual chairman of the human mind with each our own unique genetic code of identity. But it's not an easy way, that's why many put it down and stay 'ignorant'.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
@kai
It must be horrible to only see the ignorance and never see the good in people.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^been there done that, i can understand it. i grew up in a fundamentalist community. i was surrounded on all sides by willful ignorance of the kind that is ultimately destructive to society--to the point of arrogance. with time and distance I'm able to look back now and see the good qualities along with the ones that I make the effort to separate myself from.

the lesson was to not give up. see the positive not just the negative and work with the positive, see how your actions affect society.. and be a force for improving the world. don't become what you hate. also, when you reach out you tend to find the really good ones over time.

Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty-ghandi

krasojazdec

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Nov 2009
All the ignorant people I see on a day-to-day basis saddens me.With hallucinogens, how can someone against drugs say they are bad and will kill you if they themselves have never experienced the drug? I'm 100% posotive that parents and politicians would have a different point of view if they had tried lsd, salvia, or mushrooms. Teenagers in my school who have been caught with drugs are publicly embaressed and forced to feel as if they commited murder. Many teachers and parents in my community think that if their child does drugs they will wind-up being murderers, theives, and criminals. I'm just fed-up with the stupidity in my neighborhood.

gtchemen

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
23 Sept 2009
its the people you hang with. and most of the time people that do drugs arnt what society calls the smartest. sure their is big names here an thier but your average stoner is a lazy pice of shit. unless they are one of the few that actually gets offf thier ass and does something productive

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
"Hell is other people" - Sartre

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
[youtube]3VRGANguGQE[/youtube]

[youtube]ZCFHYyErkA0[/youtube]

:shock: :evil: :twisted: :drinkers: :finga: :axe: :|

peace :weedman:

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
@ gtchemen productive?! :lol: :mrgreen: haha srry :p We (the human species) don't know that kind of thing m8! :rolleyes: Of course you mean pulling your plow though.

sensei58

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Jan 2010
how bout think like jesus would (and not the christ jesus but the hippy jesus- the one that passed you green hit on the bong from three weeks ago and go find a gravity hit )

just in case you need a reminder life is good(but it's not always easy to remember)
:ANAL: