Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Sickly?

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Hey guys I bought a san pedro about 2 months ago. It doesn't seem to be doing to well. Its a 30 inch with a 6 inch pup.

This is the 6" pup it's doing the worst. Right where the yellow starts was how tall it was when I got it. Since I got it it's grown that skinny yellow section. As you can see it has black dots and brown scabs. It looks like something is eating it.

Here is the full 30". As you can see it has black dots as well but it seems to be healthy. The top seems to be suffering the same as the pup. Just not as bad.

And lastly this is how it looked when I got it.

I haven't watered it at all and it's not getting any sun. Any ideas or solutions would be great.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
The top is clearly because its lacking enough sunlight but the brown orange stuff is normally not good. Are these spots soft ? And where did you buy it ?

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
The brown spots seem to just be scabs not soft at all. The whole cactus is very firm. I think my camera made it more orange then it is. It's a light brown.

I bought it from www.sacredcactus.com but I doubt they sent a bad one.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Yeah lack of light. If you're keeping it indoors for the winter, then it's not cold enought to tell it to quit growing; you still need to keep it near a sunny window. The best thing to prevent them from stretching and getting all skinny is to keep them somewhere cold but not freezing. Normally I can keep all mine in an enclosed porch which is just a few degrees warmer than outside. But the weather's been so fucked up (it's supposed to be 71 deg. today) that I've been having the same problem, now I'm moving them all outside during the day to get light cause it's not cold enough.

The brown scabs look like it was attacked by some hungry insects, as long as they're scabs and not soft, you're fine. The black dots are perfectly natural too, it's sort of like cactus acne and it appears on new growth quite frequently. Most of the time you can just wipe them off.

How's the tall column doing? is it still around?

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Ah yay I was hoping you'd enlighten me with your cacti knowledge ;)

the tall column is here
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8317/30inmx0.th.jpg

It hasn't grown seems to be doing well. I moved my cacti to a window now it wasn't near one. I heard someone say they put theirs in a closet for the winter so I figured it be ok in the middle of my room. Your right brew the weather is so crazy here. It's Dec and I'm walking around in short sleeves close to everyday. Also do you think I should water it before it gets really cold? I haven't watered it yet.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
You said it's nice and firm right? It should be fine. If it starts looing wrinkled, soft or "pruny" then it needs water. My new thing is just to just lightly mist them with a spray bottle every couple weeks during the winter, turns out they can absorb moisture through their skin. Since it's so warm where you're at; giving it a good, heavy water and leaving it outside for a day couldn't hurt. Shit, I'd be taking it out everyday while it's so unseasonably warm.

Praise Jesus for global warming!!!!!

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Decided to post a little update :)

As you can see it's grown.

The gross brown got worst. Sacredcactus.com has a frost bite section looks a lot like this so maybe it was that. It's getting better as you can see it's all green and pretty :p

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Aw, poor little guy...

How tall are you going to let that bugger get before you make some cuttings or just chow down?

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Well my trip buddy is taking a psychedelic sabbatical and I don't want to do it alone :p

You think I should cut the small one or think it will "fix" itself.

Sidenote I put it on my fire escape for sun and the wind knocked it over >< almost fell 3 stories lol. The new clay pot with weight it down nicely now.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
This is fungi infection and really quickly cut it and of course you can try to replant it. Maybe big brother will not get this infection too. Cut it and than leave it in shade for a month. Than if cacti is strong enough you will see little roots. This is the time to re pot it. And some fungicide and pesticide can't harm more than it is in shitty position now. I hope that you will listen to me. I know lots of things and cacti are one of my biggest knowledge. I hope that (again) big brother will resist disease and that you will listen to me. :cry: :roll: :wink: