Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shrooms and Confidence.

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
You know how a lot of people talk about getting too cocky or confident for a trip, and then it's that trip that puts 'em back in place so to speak, they bad trip or such.

Well, looking at the mushroom experience from a personal growth perspective, it always feels like the mushroom trip slowly peels layers from my unconscious, allowing me to examine a deeper part of myself with every successive trip. Maybe when we get too confident going into a trip, it tricks us into thinking we can go farther into the unconscious, and that's when we see something we perhaps weren't ready for?

Just a thought.

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
Allow me to explain what happened to me that led me to believe this.

It was my ninth shroom trip, tripping with my best friend. I had been feeling very confident about the trip for some reason, believing it would be ''easy'' and there was no possibility that I would have any sort of problem.

About an hour and a half into the trip, everything was going perfectly well so we decided to go smoke some bongs. I had hit 2 bongs and he had hit 2 bongs. As I was packing my third bong, I had the thought "What do I want?" It was such a general and large question that, of course, I had no immediate answer. The question started to repeat itself, almost echoing, louder and louder over the span of 20 or 30 seconds. After that, I got tunnel vision and passed out, fell backwards, hit my head on the floor, convulsed for 20 seconds, then came to.

I am very thankful and happy that my best friend was here as he has worked with children before and therefore had FA and CPR training, so he knew how to check for a possible concussion (which there was none!), and there was no blood either which was also good news.

Anyhow, I was very out of it for the rest of my trip (no doubt). For the rest of my trip I lied on my bed pretty still, thinking about what had just happened.

I've had a small headache since the pass-out, but that is all.

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
I think it matters how sincere your confidence is.
If you're lying to yourself because you want to create the illusion of control maybe you shouldn't take the trip at all.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
gonzebo a dit:
It was my ninth shroom trip, tripping with my best friend. I had been feeling very confident about the trip for some reason, believing it would be ''easy'' and there was no possibility that I would have any sort of problem.
Yes, that's the wrong type of confidence. One should in fact be confident that each trip will have difficult elements or phases, and that these will have positive effects if they are worked through and integrated properly. If you go into a trip with that type of confidence, it will be a beneficial experience every single time. But never expect an easy trip.

One reason why we recommend staying in a reclining position until the peak of the trip is over is that from that position you can't fall backwards, and so can't hurt yourself.

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
very well said, caduceus, that's exactly it.

Kratom23

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Juin 2009
I have to admit that I have never confidently set out on a trip. Its something that I always approach with caution. Some people seem to approach a mushroom experience with no worries at all, and I have always wondered if this has something to do with personal inner confidence about going there as its often the case that the are not so confident in general. On the other hand I have seen very confident people completely freaked out.
I have a few personal rules to ensure the experience is a good one - mainly who I am with, my surroundings and the like.
After a real good experience I always feel my general confidence boosted.

gonzebo

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mar 2009
Yeah and the thing that was weird was that I had never really felt confident or ready for a trip before, it was a sort of new feeling.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
For me its not confidence more less how true my intent is. When intent is true, you will never be lead down the wrong road, whether it be what you call a 'bad trip' or a 'good trip'. All in all, its a healing experience.

peace & love

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Confidence is good if it helps you to open up to the trip.
If it helps you letting go into the trip and to let the medicine do there work.
To have confidence in the process is a good thing. To have trust and love towards yourself and others is positive.

The type of confidence that makes one cocky comes from having a big head (ego).