Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Shroom 4 a better world

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Hi, I'm Erik and new here.

Unfortunately I didn't know about shrooms in my college years, a period I had a lot of time for this and maybe even some friends I think who would even like to join the trip. 'Cos now I'm all settled, a job a house, a tree and labrador and don't know how to make the shroom fit in my life. So I never tried one, but for spiritual reasons and the will for self-exploring I'm curious. For the time being I'm just reading bits about it and reading your experiences.

From all I've read about shrooms so far is that one uses the shroom for his own benefit or pleasure. That's O.K., that would be my reason too. But in your opinion, does it make your environment and maybe even the world better? Or changes it the world as much as it would change if one would make a trip to Hawaï? I hope for the first, but from what I've read so far I get the cynical idea it's the last. Some artists maybe can use it for more creativity?

Question 2. Is it possible to make a mushroom like experience, in only an hour or so? Anyone tried truffles, or Salvia? Is it in any way in comparison to an experience with shroom? The chances are better for me to find time alone to try it. For a shroom I would feel better if I had a full day for myself, but to be honest, that rarely happens. I don't think I would be able to explain my wife shrooms are O.K. and there's little risk. She probably would think I'd have become mad (and maybe she's right :wink:)

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Hi Erik and welcome to Psychonaut!

But in your opinion, does it make your environment and maybe even the world better?

A 'real' dose of mushrooms opens doors in our perception that normally remain closed. You will see a lot more thats there that you normally dont see. At first it may seem that its a different world until you realize, you just look better now. At least, thats how I experience it.

Question 2. Is it possible to make a mushroom like experience, in only an hour or so? Anyone tried truffles, or Salvia? Is it in any way in comparison to an experience with shroom? The chances are better for me to find time alone to try it. For a shroom I would feel better if I had a full day for myself, but to be honest, that rarely happens. I don't think I would be able to explain my wife shrooms are O.K. and there's little risk. She probably would think I'd have become mad (and maybe she's right Wink

This is my take on psilocybin, dmt and so:

http://heartcore.phpnet.us/index.php?op ... 3&Itemid=2

So if I had to answer your question, I feel that these comounds have their own unique characteristics. Savia is not shrooms etc.. Smoking DMT resembles a high shroom dose somewhat but there you have a 5 minute trip so very hard to compare with a 5-6 hour thing.

About your wife, to me it feels very wrong not to inform your wife. If you are going to do this chances are you want to talk about this with the person you love most. It can be really frustrating to be with someone that doesnst accept and doesnt want to know. I've been there. My new girlfriend didnt have any epxeriences with this but I informed her right away and she joined me on this path.

Research indicates that 1 third of people that take mushrooms, experience an overwhelming mystical state of being. Wouldnt you want to share that with your wife?
;)

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
...to me it feels very wrong not to inform your wife. If you are going to do this chances are you want to talk about this with the person you love most. It can be really frustrating to be with someone that doesnst accept and doesnt want to know. I've been there. My new girlfriend didnt have any epxeriences with this but I informed her right away and she joined me on this path.

Research indicates that 1 third of people that take mushrooms, experience an overwhelming mystical state of being. Wouldnt you want to share that with your wife?
;)

I expected that open door would be smashed right away. Thanks for that, heartcore. Ofcourse you're right about my wife. And I know she doesn't want to know about mushrooms, just like your first girlfriend. But I don't find it worth ending the relationship for. We've been living happy together for 13 years and still amazed the love isn't ending but deepening every day. We got married last year and are in a phase in our lifes thinking about having kids and all and arranging our lifes for that.

The shroom doesn't seem to fit, it was supposed to come in an earlier phase in my life, I think.
For now, it seems there are only two options: no shrooms at all or trying it myself "secretly". Just like my meditations every night before I go to sleep. She knows I want some time for myself exploring me, myself and I. The fruit coming from meditation only benefits our relationship, I think. And 'till now I think a trip might too.

I don't feel the need to change my wife at any cost. She's different from me, but I love her for the person she is. If I told her about trying mushrooms she'd be terrified, even if I explained all about the matter. It leads to no good.

But maybe, you're right, and not touching any shroom would be a better option, than to do things my wife doesn't want me to.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
The shroom doesn't seem to fit, it was supposed to come in an earlier phase in my life, I think.

Maybe not - it's usually better to use psychedelics when you're grown up and settled, or, like Albert Hofmann said, when you have some settled ground to land when you're back from the journey.

However, it's hard if your wife doesn't understand. She'd need to know or you couldn't enjoy the trip, I guess. Also she'd probably notice something about you and then maybe think you're cheating on her (if you look more happy and relaxed suddenly for a few days).

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
''You must be the change you want to see in the world''
- Ghandi

that way you help every person on the world, don't underestimate that. many people seem to think they can help the world by changing evrybody around them, except themselves.

i think it is very brave and couragefull that you are considering these journeys at your age/time in life. many people will have difficulty's later on in they're life, because it takes a lot of energy, the perceptionshift, and afterwards the questioning and thinking about a lot of stuff, but it is all worth it. go for it!!!!!!

gather loads of info for your wife, loads of progaganda will do the job!!!!!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
It is always hard and there are always people who do not agree with what they see as drug abuse, be it parents, spouses or friends. However, they will always love you more because of being you than hate you because of your drug use (at least with the non-addictive drugs). If they see that you do not change because of the use of these substances, than they will probably tend to accept it. But if you really think that this won't work, it is probably a better idea to not do it. You don't want to have a 'big secret' that you cannot tell the one you are closest to.
Good luck.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
forest a dit:
''You must be the change you want to see in the world''
- Ghandi

gather loads of info for your wife, loads of progaganda will do the job!!!!!

Exacly the step I want to take. I'm adviced to buy the book "The food of the Gods" by Terence McKenna. There is a Dutch translation of it, so I can lend it out to people I think who might be interested. But I'm so sure my wife will be afraid of the effect of the drug, even if she would take the time to read the book.

Maybe what's most needed is a lot of patience.

So I'm first trying to get the book. Not so easy, 'cos the publisher doesn't exist anymore and is not published anymore. Now I depend on second hand bookstores.

Do you guys know any other good book about shrooms?